Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

It's tan skin, plus you guys aren't giving her enough time to have lost all the weight in her face! She gained quite a bit of weight in her face, and hadn't lost it all in that shoot. That shoot was done back in early April. If you guys look at her recent event pics, she's now lost all the weight in her face and she looks like her old self! Plus they didn't do her eyes up in this shoot for some reason. But that's the only difference, was the weight gain and lack of makeup....when other new pics come out which were shot in the last couple months, she'll look like she use to. For comparison look at my avator and etc...that was shot a month or so after the above photos were shot...and obviously she's lost the weight there as well. So NO she looks the same there just with a little weight in her face (which is actually normal after a pregnancy) and less makeup....give the girl a break, like I said if you look at my avatar and her latest event, you can see she looks like she use to and she looks great!

Also fabi...um here are the things that are different in that photo

-Much more makeup

-Wasn't still holding baby weight in her face

-Tanned skin

-Different Lighting

-Different hairstlye

-Different Angle

So I'm sorry but if you look at recent photos of her event (again or my avator) she looks the same as she used to...and she's still Hot...and I'm sorry looks just as good as she did if not better....but maybe not I mean why would she be getting more work now than she ever did...huh Oi.

The lack of makeup in this shoot is atrocious...which is why she's not looking her best...whoever did the lack of makeup that day should be shot. Like I've said before to compare this one bad shoot (which was obviously mostly the makeup artists fault) is hilarious compare it to her recent events, comeback video(s) and her music video she did where she looked like her old self...not to mention all her eds that are coming out..I love the logic of Wow she looks bad here that means she's not hot anymore...let's not even look at the tons of work she did after this shoot and before where she looked better...

That was a special makeup effect dear....look at the other pics from that set, and then the other shots from that mag...there were 2-3 different styling/makeup effects...like her eye makeup.

She should fire her make-up team cuz they CLEARLY aren't doing anything other than applying a bunch of foundation. I mean, seriously, I understand she probably looks like that when she goes to bed, but for a photoshoot? No, no, no. You don't pay thousands of dollars for a make-up team and the results they produce aren't anywhere NEAR as stunning.

For god's sake, becuz of the tan she had for all those years, I always thought Spanky was a naturally light-skinned woman. But, as of recently, she's pulled some kind of Michael Jackson trick cuz now she's pale as hell! Even in her new photos, she's as white as a ghost!

FIRE THE MAKE-UP TEAM, SPANKY! FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!

..I think that she's a bit different now, and I'm trying to understand what's changed ..This is a comparison with an old photo ..maybe it's just a matter of tanned skin? what do you think about?

I also tried to figure out what changed, but I didn't come to any conclusion... I can't nail it down to sth., because her features are really the same...

But I don't think it's the "baby weight" because as Fabirock pointed out she already looked somehow tired in 2009. And I do not believe that more loss of weight would do any good to her, because when I think of her worst look it was her last apperance in VSFS 2008 when she opened the show and she was super skinny back then (and was wearing like a ton of makeup :whistle: )...

I just feel like her face lost some of its magic. :(

Somehow tired in 2009? Uh dear she was pregnant most of 2009...and was suffering from preclampsia...of course she was tired.

I'm sorry I don't think this looks tired at all.

post-8049-0-1446013048-88136_thumb.jpg

And this was during her "tired" period...sorry but all I see is stunning.

Also that photo that Fabri pointed out is from 08 which most people thought was one of her best looking years (the same year your avatar is from btw)

Also you guys are basing this off of VS photos..photos that are styled, photoshopped, and sometimes lack their of or to much makeup....

Base it off of appearances and etc. At the VSFS 2008, she was a little on the thin side, but she turned around and looked great at the appearance 2 weeks after the show...(also most people thought she looked great) Also, I wasn't talking about baby weight on the body, I was talking facially...which she did (when the newest vs shots were shot) needed to still loose a little weight in her face which she has succeeded at. Adriana does tend to hold weight in her face, and if she gains to much she tends to look puffy, if she looses to much she looks to thin...her face gets very affected by any weight loss/gain. If you look at my avatar or the photo below or above, her face is much back to normal, as well as her growing into her cheekbones (that comes with age) and she's fine.

This is her most recent appearance. She doesn't look tired, or etc she looks just like her old self (She is 29, looks younger than ever) and I'm sorry I'm far from seeing any magic gone. Everyone can think anything they want, but IMO you can't base stuff off of one set of VS photos when she has looked flawless ever since her comeback.

post-8049-0-1446013048-91478_thumb.jpg

not very fan of those last shoot from vs but thanks anyway

I second that. :(

Please don't rip me apart for this, but I think Adriana hasn't aged too well. :(

I mean she was the sexiest model out there when she was younger and I think she outshone everyone else of the vs models with her beauty...

But right now she looks either puffy or leached on photos to me and I think Gisele or other models look way better at higher age (even Heidi, which kind of scares me).

Guess that's some kind of balance, Adriana was super super hot when she was younger, while other models were just hot. And now Adriana is not so hot anymore

while others are still hot... :laugh:

..I think that she's a bit different now, and I'm trying to understand what's changed ..This is a comparison with an old photo ..maybe it's just a matter of tanned skin? what do you think about?

In the comparision her jaw is heavier, it almost looks like she's gotten lip injections, (no I'm not saying she has, but generally a woman's lips thin with age, they don't get thicker) her nose looks broader and a bit less defined, (though that could be passed off due to shadowing and tanning) her brows are now lifted and more defined, whereas before they looked more straight across. The hair is just as an overall a mess in the recent picture, and her shoulders look broader and thicker set. It's not a knock at her, far from it, a woman's body changes after pregnancy, not to mention she simply looks like she's moving from a younger woman to that of a middle age woman.

One good picture in a group of photos doesn't mean she's aging well or badly. The over all body of works shows that aging process. Alessandra has the same thing, she doesn't look like she used to when she was younger, only a few freaks of nature, (Miranda :p) can still pass for being in their teens.

Or it's the fact that photo her head is down and angled, and taking from above, and the other photo is taken from below and a total different angel. To even begin to judge those two photos to each other is beyond off...two totally different angels. Lightening, and makeup...totally unbelievable that people would even compare the photos it's laughable! The lips are a old old old old makeup tip where you put a light dusty pink on the outside touch the bottom and top with a hint of gloss, pout and push out and you'll look like you've got bigger lips too...also lips don't start to thin out until you are about 50, at least to a noticeable point...not in 2-3 years.

Again to each their own, but next time when you compare or want to be critical, compare photos that are taken at the same angel, same makeup and then compare. Don't compare ones with about 20 different aspects.

I do agree with pheno, in the aspect is that she is aging, and it's part of the process. She doesn't look the same, but she doesn't look bad at all. Again, and I'll say this for the last time...these pictures aren't her best, but these were shot late March/Early April and she's obviously done tons of stuff since then...and looks stunning (Vogue, V magazine, Hola with Val) and etc and looks better than ever. She has aged but she looks great still. I'm sorry if you are still looking for the teenage Adri, it's not going to happen and IMO she's looking like a more matured beautiful woman then some teenager, and that makes her even more beautiful IMO. Again, the fashion industry, and Vs think Adriana looks better than ever, and are shooting with her NOW more than ever and so are fashion magazines...so they obviously like her better than ever too :)

...totally unbelievable that people would even compare the photos it's laughable!

Again to each their own, but next time when you compare or want to be critical, compare photos that are taken at the same angel, same makeup and then compare. Don't compare ones with about 20 different aspects.

hey It's always adriana in the pics !!!!!! so I was talking about her face , angle or not angle , her face is always that ..she's a bit changed, but it's normal with the years ..I only hope that her make up will be in this way at the victoria's secret fashion show

post-31697-0-1446013049-41025_thumb.png post-31697-0-1446013049-66156_thumb.png

I meant the ANGLE of the photo...not if she was an angel!

Again compare photos of the same Angle and you will see not much a difference, beside a little aging. The photos you posted again, are at total different angles, and are not comparable material.

I'm a long time fan and yes, Adriana's appearance has changed over the years. Nothing Michael Jackson-esque but definitely changed for the worse.

I pretty much agree with Angie.

Her midsection is wider and her arms bigger / shoulders broader, making her body look more masculine. Her face is puffier to the point that her face looks more square-ish as opposed to oval shape of old. She's mostly pale nowadays and for some weird reason, even her nose appears bigger. I know ears can grow throughout life so I guess the nose can continue to grow somewhat too. I'm pretty sure it's not just my imagination.

I think Lost_Soul's avatar / sig picture is a good example. You can't find pictures of Adriana anno 2004 or earlier looking like that.

She's obviously still above average and I'm sure if you saw her in real life, most of the things I just mentioned would go more or less unnoticed. Still, its an insult to Adriana's old self and to us who fell for her back then to say she hasn't changed and try to maintain that she looks "the same as always". To me that's like saying "she was never that great in the first place". Well, she was. Even to this day, I still don't think I've seen a more attractive woman than Adriana around 2001-2004 when she was in her prime and had that sexy sparkle in her eyes like she knew she was the hottest of them all. When I look at those old pictures, I still see my idea of female perfection so it has absolutely nothing to do with me growing weary of her. She has simply changed.

I think Lost_Soul's avatar / sig picture is a good example. You can't find pictures of Adriana anno 2004 or earlier looking like that.

She's obviously still above average and I'm sure if you saw her in real life, most of the things I just mentioned would go more or less unnoticed. Still, its an insult to Adriana's old self and to us who fell for her back then to say she hasn't changed and try to maintain that she looks "the same as always". To me that's like saying "she was never that great in the first place". Well, she was. Even to this day, I still don't think I've seen a more attractive woman than Adriana around 2001-2004 when she was in her prime and had that sexy sparkle in her eyes like she knew she was the hottest of them all. When I look at those old pictures, I still see my idea of female perfection so it has absolutely nothing to do with me growing weary of her. She has simply changed.

That's exactly what I meant to say, thanks for putting it into words much better than I can :)

Her recent pictures are simply disappointing to me comparing to her old ones. And I'm not talking about one photo, it's the whole set, just look at her last one! (It's very evident in this last one, but it started in 2007-2009.) That's not a question of angles and lighting, when it's in all of them.

When lost_soul says that she looks better than ever now, then I have to completely disagree. Personally I think 2005 was her best year and I adored the younger Adriana, too (and for referring to my avatar: I just chose that one because it reminds me of the way she used to look back then, in the "good old times").

I've noticed so many people who lost interest in Adriana or her work, as it has been rather mediocre lately.

Do not get me wrong, I do not want to bash her, not at all, all I'm wishing for are great eds and vs photos of her. I wish I could be as amazed about her photos the way I have been in the past, but like I said, I am simply disappointed right now.

So no, ... she doesn't look better than ever, and I do not see any sense in euphemising it.

Do these vs pics suck? Well yea.

But what do I do? I think these were taken months before most of her recent editorial work was shot and all of those have been stunning! The vogue espana, the hola shoot with Val, the v magazine. They were all taken after the above photos were, they were even snapped before my sig was. Has she changed from a teen to a woman recently? Yes. But all I'm saying is to judge this set of photos when she's had 5-6 stunning projects that have come out sense then is just uncalled for. Im not going to look at something older like those vs pics and say "oh she looks different" when I've seen countless things come out sense then that were shot way after these came out.

To be honest there is hardly any work she does I don't like but she is inconsistent. 2001-2004 was her prime in some peoples eyes, but just look at her in VS and in the fashion world they think she looks better than she ever had. So different strokes for different folks :) I think her recent Edd are breathtaking and most people have. That's why she keeps booking them, she had a few off looking years IMO 2006-2007 where not kind to her IMO. But 2001-2005,2008,so far 2010 (not counting these vs pics) I think she's appeared great! if you compare her Brazilian vogue Ed from 03 and her vogue espana one from this year there really is little difference. Like I said these vs photos are not her best at all...but I've seen tons of stuff she's shot since then and she's obviously got her groove back :)

All this discussion is insane, do you seriously want Adriana who is now 29 to look like she's 20? She's not an effing freak of nature! She grew up like ALL humans do ... Is just that you guys like younger models/younger looks now & that's it ... & Lost_Soul has a big point, these VS pictures sucks biig times ... The makeup & everything is wrong, also those were her first pics after having Vale, & even with that she still looks good, but her most recent pictures (Follow the sun party, V Magazine, Loewe campaing) she looks back to herself & IMO even better than before Valentina, i personally disliked the 2008 extra-muscle stuff. The "she looks pale now blablabla", there's a little thing called makeup you can use to look tanned or white, no big deal there, she was looking orange in the VSFS 2008 & looking pale in Paris this year & then looked normal in the Follow the Sun thing.

Don't expect her to look like back in 2001, she will never be that young again & like i said she's a human, not a freak of nature who will always look the same! IMO her "worst" years were 2006-2007, then she came better in 2008, got pregnant in 2009 & now she's back & looking amazing

Expresso, has a big point with VS. I love Doutzen but her VS pics are bad, why? They do a horrible makeup with her. Still, Doutzen is one of the best faces out there & still getting tons of work. You can't judge a model for ONE work.

but just look at her in VS and in the fashion world they think she looks better than she ever had. So different strokes for different folks :) I think her recent Edd are breathtaking and most people have. That's why she keeps booking them, she had a few off looking years IMO 2006-2007 where not kind to her IMO. But 2001-2005,2008,so far 2010 (not counting these vs pics) I think she's appeared great! if you compare her Brazilian vogue Ed from 03 and her vogue espana one from this year there really is little difference. Like I said these vs photos are not her best at all...but I've seen tons of stuff she's shot since then and she's obviously got her groove back :)

Don't you think that's rather a question of market value?

It's the same with Kate Moss or Heidi, because of their high profile, they still get booked.

Because, honestly I don't think that Heidi is the hottest or most talented model right now.

Just like Heidi, after working with VS for years Adriana got associated with them, with their brand, and I think that's the reason they keep on using her.

If she hadn't worked with them before? Well, they would be far from booking her, as her VS-shoots turn out to be the worst of all angels IMO.

All this discussion is insane, do you seriously want Adriana who is now 29 to look like she's 20? She's not an effing freak of nature! She grew up like ALL humans do ...

Look, the only reason why I started this conversation is, that I wanted to know if other people sensed some change in Adriana's appearance, too, and it seems so.

As I said, with aging I personally feel that she lost some of her magic, but nobody is saying that she is not allowed to grow. I just believe that we should be allowed to talk about the things that have changed. :)