Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

13 minutes ago, xr4ti said:

I would like to see less Photoshop, maybe even some models photographed on film.  It would convey better their true beauty.  I feel like I'm looking at completely altered photos.  These women (mostly) are gorgeous, they don't need the help.

Photoshop!? They would never to that (@ 2:00) :rofl: 

That skirt makes her look like she got major runs...

My 2 cents based on what I have already seen:

Lais is my favorite again, even though I liked this shoot a lot less than the one she did last year

Alexis is better than expected, but every single one of her photographs is ruined by those collagen lips, which are impossible to ignore :ninja:

I really like Olivia Culpo too and I'm a bit bummed out that they didn't give her a proper swimsuit shoot instead of the dollar store black & white activism shoot

So in terms of Hannah Ferguson not being there, she seems to have branched out a bit in the last year or so and I guess it would make sense that she felt like she had done all she could with SISE. But Bojana Krsmanovic doesn't seem like she would have said no to a return and I had the impression she was one of M.J.'s favorites of the recent crop, so why is she not in this issue? :idk:

Also, whilst Kate Upton has far from the worst shoot this year (I think she is somewhere in the middle of the pack for me, though nearer the top end of the middle than the bottom end), she lacks the sparkle she had at her SISE peak. I kind of have the feeling she has returned but her heart isn't fully in it any more.

Overall I think this is one of the worst years ever. Not sure how Nina and Hannah are gone yet Hoopes and Bock keep coming back. 

These are my favorites for no particular reason. Couldn't come up with that many.

To be honest i think, like with the VS show these days, there's just too many models in the issue. It kind of takes the occasion away from everything and makes it feel less of an achievement for the girls who get in. So many names this year I was just like "who is this person?!"

If you want to realize just how bad this line-up is, go back even just ten years and compare the kind of models they still had back then to the current line-up.

Don't even get me started on the early noughties and nineties line-ups compared to this crop.

M.J. Day has utterly devalued the issue. The slide had already commenced before her tenure, but she has certainly acted as a catalyst to make it even worse than it should have been.

If I could have chosen the cover I would have gone with one of these

I'm super happy for Danielle and I actually do like the cover but it wasn't the best picture, hell it wasn't even her best picture

20 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

If you want to realize just how bad this line-up is, go back even just ten years and compare the kind of models they still had back then to the current line-up.

Don't even get me started on the early noughties and nineties line-ups compared to this crop.

M.J. Day has utterly devalued the issue. The slide had already commenced before her tenure, but she has certainly acted as a catalyst to make it even worse than it should have been.

Who were in the line up then?

i remember buying the one with Rebecca Romijn in the cover and they were all (at least) recognisable models, if not necessarily those in high fashion (it’s probably when the divergence occurred between the two worlds tbh)

11 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Yes, when I am back at an actual computer. Didn’t want you to think I am ignoring you :smile: 

:bounce:

I think the Bojana thing is especially weird. She went from having two shoots in last year’s issue to not being in the issue at all this year.

Not sure what MJ thought was going to happen...... but :rofl: 

McGravey wanted to strip down and take her power back? the fuck.... so some of the models were only in the magazine because they told MJ they would get naked and write shit on their bodies. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This project, for me and for the other girls who CHOSE to participate, was about TAKING OUR POWER BACK.

This project was a very emotional, long road, spanned over a year. And i was on every one of the shoots. <--- btw that's kinda weird. If it had been a man doing the same thing, he would be known as a creeper/lurker. Food for thought.

35 minutes ago, Sanni said:

:bounce:

I think the Bojana thing is especially weird. She went from having two shoots in last year’s issue to not being in the issue at all this year.

It's especially weird considering the fact that I have seen or heard no indication about her supposedly no longer being interested in being in SISE.

So this is supposedly M.J.'s decision?