Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

1 hour ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Stella's end of the runway smile and turn in BNA, please.

Yet the ratings seem to be slightly higher this year without Candice. I just hope this doesn't lead to Kendall and the Hadids being cast every year.

Ratings are lower 0.2 for adult viewers, and that is what is most important, from that aspect everybody is saying that it was rock bottom rating vise this year. For other demographic ratings are basically the same as last year, lowest of the low, so that only proves my point and that was that you can't have just 2 stars(Adriana and Candice)in the show. You need more, and people obviously don't count instagram models(Bella, Gigi, Kendall etc.) as stars, as proven by ratings. And BTW Candice was trending on twitter, so that says how much people care. 

Overall, it was meh. It blended in with the past few years like the rest of them have. The editing was bad, they rushed the girls out onto the runway (why were there three or four of them on there at a time?), blink and you miss the Angels and the FB. Too much time spent on Jo (I say this as someone who loves her) and the Hadids. No segment or mention of the FB minus some woman yelling about it backstage? I thought they did Lily dirty last year but this was even worse.

TRA: Loved Elsa's (and Bill's) opening, I thought she killed it and I hope she opens again in the future. I actually loved Taylor's outfit and thought this was the better of her two walks. I thought Ale's closing was great too and I'm glad that they gave her a decent edit and showed most of it.

MRA: I thought this was going to be my favorite segment when they were announced but it was disappointing. Wrong song choice, rushed models, tacky outfits. I thought Jo's opening was good considering the slowness of the song, Lily's walk was okay here, Sara and Sanne were the best in this segment and both looked gorgeous.

Pink: I wish they'd shown more of Grace but overall I liked the energy of the section, all the girls were having fun and the actual outfits weren't too bad. 

SA: Adriana's opening was killer and she's still the queen and showing the younger models how it's done. I didn't really like this segment but Elsa and Sara looked amazing, Sara's wings were awesome in motion and I hope she's able to open a segment next year.

DA: Taylor looked beautiful but her opening walk was so lifeless, definitely something she needs to improve on. Overall, this section had some of the better outfits. I loved Lais' wings and I thought Ale was really solid again. I still think Lais should have closed. 

BNA: Stella's opening was a lot better than I thought it would be. Next to Pink, this section had the most energy. The random red and pink outfits were weird in the sense there were only two of them, I wish there had been more color. Jasmine, Romee, Jo, Kelly, Jourdana and Jo were my favorites. WTF was up with Lily? Her closing walk was as bad as I thought it would be and she was a buzzkill after such a fun, energetic segment. 

http://deadline.com/2016/12/colts-win-monday-night-footballl-ratings-down-victorias-secret-low-the-voice-espn-nbc-1201865252/

Even though it was straight out of the City of Light for the first time and filled with loads of Lady Gaga, the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (2.1/7) just could not pack on the ratings weight last night. In fact, the lingerie catwalk show hit a new low among adults 18-49.  Victoria’s dirty secret is that the ratings are down 9% in the key demo from 2015’s previous low. Viewershipwise, this year’s VSFS had 6.65 million eyeballs, basically the same as the 6.6 million who watched last year. The struggle for the fashion show is now compounded by multi-year falls in the key ad-rich demo.

Basically rating wise this year is actually worse then last one, the thing that counts most is 18-49 demographic, and they are down astonishing 9% from last show. This would be considered major disaster for any show. VS needs to do something, I thought that they can't go lower from last year show, but this is all time low in their history. 

There isn't any hype either like there used to be. There was so little promo inbetween the filming and airing because it was such a short timeframe. Also they rely too heavily on social media to sell the show to the masses. Most of the people who follow the brand and the angels aren't actually Americans. They need to focus on marketing in America to achieve good ratings.

5 minutes ago, bellazonelurker said:

Basically rating wise this year is actually worse then last one, the thing that counts most is 18-49 demographic, and they are down astonishing 9% from last show. This would be considered major disaster for any show. VS needs to do something, I thought that they can't go lower from last year show, but this is all time low in their history. 

Yup, advertisers and networks don't care about overall viewers. They care about the 18-49 demo. VS may care about the younger audience but their advertisers don't and that's where they make money. It'll drop below 2.0 next year. 

2 minutes ago, bellazonelurker said:

http://deadline.com/2016/12/colts-win-monday-night-footballl-ratings-down-victorias-secret-low-the-voice-espn-nbc-1201865252/

Even though it was straight out of the City of Light for the first time and filled with loads of Lady Gaga, the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (2.1/7) just could not pack on the ratings weight last night. In fact, the lingerie catwalk show hit a new low among adults 18-49.  Victoria’s dirty secret is that the ratings are down 9% in the key demo from 2015’s previous low. Viewershipwise, this year’s VSFS had 6.65 million eyeballs, basically the same as the 6.6 million who watched last year. The struggle for the fashion show is now compounded by multi-year falls in the key ad-rich demo.

Sorry but no, VS is pulling excellent ratings for 2016 Broadcast TV where you cant see any 4.0+ demo in sight anymore. The VSFS was pulling in 3.5 demos in 2005-2010 while hit TV shows like Greys, CSI and Lost were pulling 10+ rating in the demo. 

This year, it's down compared to the other years of VS but not other primetime series as VSFS's 2.1 demo would rank among the top10 of shows this season. VSFS's weakening is also based on the CBS brand shrinking, all of their shows are down multiple percentage points.

9% isn't that much

2 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

There isn't any hype either like there used to be. There was so little promo inbetween the filming and airing because it was such a short timeframe. Also they rely too heavily on social media to sell the show to the masses. Most of the people who follow the brand and the angels aren't actually Americans. They need to focus on marketing in America to achieve good ratings.

Agree, on a worldwide basis it's probably having more of an impact

1 minute ago, ceceshores said:

Yup, advertisers and networks don't care about overall viewers. They care about the 18-49 demo. VS may care about the younger audience but their advertisers don't and that's where they make money. It'll drop below 2.0 next year. 

It's CBS we are talking about tho, they do have a much more older audience. NCIS used to pull a 2.5 demo with 15 million viewers.

Actually, CBS collects the ads money, VS simply makes the show, receives x money from CBS so that they can air, and gets major exposure of their products

I think that it will stabilize between 2.0-2.4

Just now, freevsangel said:

What happened to Lily? I mean in the backstage interviews she looked so happy and bubbly and excited but then the runway appears and she is as alive as a zombie and the makeup wasnt good on her either (they should have recreated her vma's look i think)

She didnt look that great to me, probably the lack of Bee and Candy :idk: 

Just now, bellazonelurker said:

Keep deluding yourself If you want to, headlines Victoria secret ratings hits all time/new low are there for a reason. VS show has to thank Irina that they didn't sink even lower, her pregnancy was main topic. 

I follow ratings on a daily basis, I am not deluding myself:wink: They hit lows, but those lows are still sooooo aceptable for CBS. Seriously, in terms of shows, basically only The Big Bang Theory and the premiere of NCIS+Bull have better ratings.

My theory is: VS don't give a fuck about the ratings (at all). I mean, the sales are not depending on the show anymore. I have the feeling that the VSFS nowadays is more an obligation that a real marketing/sales movement.  It's more an event of status and history of the brand, than a real boost for the sales. Is more a branding than marketing movement and, with social media market, the show is losing her place and impact on the public.

they do it bc they kind of "have to" but put a little effort on it. I mean, they are all about big movements (like doing it in Paris) but then, the show is lame and bland and fast.

8 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

Yup, the only thing that matters is 18-49 demo. They are basically cash cow, they have money to buy advertised things both in show and in commercial breaks, so when looking at rating everything but that demo means nothing. Bunch of preteens watching is disaster for any network. But to make things even worse, they didn't even had bunch of preteens watching, ratings are basically the same as last year.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.