Bellazon

Unpopular opinions

Stromboli1

If the models say in French, “You’re worth it,” at the end of the commercial then I agree! L'Oréal’s slogan sounds much better, sexier and more beautiful in French than in English.

Or to be more specific, the models sound better saying it in French than in English. In English, it can get a little cheesy, motivational speak like instead of sounding sensual fitting for a beauty ad.

On 6/29/2016 at 1:25 AM, Sanni said:

If the models say in French, “You’re worth it,” at the end of the commercial then I agree! L'Oréal’s slogan sounds much better, sexier and more beautiful in French than in English.

Or to be more specific, the models sound better saying it in French than in English. In English, it can get a little cheesy, motivational speak like instead of sounding sensual fitting for a beauty ad.

French may be a feminine language.  It doesn't sound nearly as good when men speak it.:rofl:

For me whether or not the French language sounds good is very situation specific. I just watched the Euro 2016 football game between France and Island. When the coach of the French team was interviewed, neither he nor the female interviewer sounded beautiful to me. I’ve got nothing against them but I’m not one of those people who think that the French language is unequivocally the most beautiful language in the world (maybe that can be my unpopular opinion :D).

24 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

French may be a feminine language.  It doesn't sound nearly as good when men speak it.:rofl:

8 minutes ago, foofur16 said:

^ That's because you're a guy. :D:D

:rofl: 

On 6/28/2016 at 7:29 PM, frenchkiki said:

Saperlipopette!

I love the American accent too, very sexy. South African accent in French is the worse! :ph34r:

I don't like my accent when I speak in English. I'll try to find a microphone for my computer and record my voice for you to have your own opinion.

We could trade voices :pop:.  !!

I briefly met a pair of french sisters that remind me of your 'Vikings'.  They left a striking impression due to their physiques and height.   The sporty one looked like a Valkyrie woman and the other sister was more feminine.   

My striking features are my face and my voice, albeit not always for a good impression.  I have a 'too serious' looking face, blatantly militaristic-ish/manager ish.  I give the impression of being too pensive.

The quality of my voice and use of words is considered distinguished, but when when inattentive/distracted by things, I suffer from the 'too serious'/monotone problem.   I do well in leading meetings though and quickly establishing credibility with strangers ..even if I don't possess it.  Sadly, my voice doesn't have the endearing effect that other accents or voices have.

4 hours ago, Sanni said:

For me whether or not the French language sounds good is very situation specific. I just watched the Euro 2016 football game between France and Island. When the coach of the French team was interviewed, neither he nor the female interviewer sounded beautiful to me. I’ve got nothing against them but I’m not one of those people who think that the French language is unequivocally the most beautiful language in the world (maybe that can be my unpopular opinion :D).

Which language(s) are?

4 hours ago, foofur16 said:

Well that's not fair. It's English with a French accent so no go. Sorry. :tongue:

3 hours ago, jj3 said:

Oh sorry, you can't speak french :p 

2 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Racist!! :p Pepe le Pew is the the quintessence of French Bashing.

Is he like blackface for the French?  :tf:

13623847.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Maybe people in the States have their own prejudices affect how they hear the language?

I hear spanish, italian, chinese, and korean too often.  I think spanish/italian are sloppy languages.  Chinese/Korean is also very bad, but in the opposite direction (stilted).

Japanese is decent, but sounds only good when a woman speaks it :D

Some New Jersey, Mass and New York accents are quite bad, and easily the worst on the east coast.

Models I find beautiful/pretty but they suck as models:

Elsa Hosk: you know she sucks when you're that gorgeous and her work is uninspiring (minus that GQ Mexico/Romania)

Luma Grothe: another whose looks are very cliche. Not a lot of expression. Utterly boring.

Vita Sidorkina: beauty, but I knew she wasn't good when not even Bellemere could make her interesting

Isabella Peschardt: her beauty is so painfully cliche even though her face is of a very technical nature (symmetrical, nice features) I can only see pretty girl and that's it

Ashley Graham: there are much better plus size models with much more beautiful faces (I can't stand her bubble lips). She looks like a pretty classroom teacher to me.

Bella Hadid: despite resembling a pretty young Carla Bruni somewhat I just can't take her seriously

Kendall Jenner: living proof that being cute/pretty does not create talent

Alessandra Ambrosio: well I stopped really liking her when she got veneers but she's always had boring editorials

Kate Upton: dull