Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

@Lyla Is not hypocrite, I'm still happy Ashley is in the magazine but do I think she (or any rookies btw) was cover ready? Nope, she got the cover for all the wrong reasons and they also happened to chose a really shitty picture, which is not a first ... The cover pictures from 2009, 2012 and 2014 were a fucking mess too. I think everyone here was just as pissed when Lily got it on 2014 as a rookie, it's just a slap in the face of the rest of the girls.

Ronda is just tragic tho, everything about her.

And Hailey's picture is still doing a loot better than the rest on IG, now we shall see if she sells better, im sure she will.

But I think if you like her and think that her message is so important that she should be in a swimsuit magazine, then you should be really happy about her cover too. Because that's the point, isn't it? 

I think it's absolutely logical that she got the cover this year and use the buzz for her cause, next year or later it wouldn't be such a big deal, ppl get used to the fact eventually that a bigger girl is in the magazine too, so MJ is credible at least with her principals and editing. But sorry, the rest of you aren't IMO. 

I've never been an Ashley hater, I 'just' call her fat. 

Actually I'm kinda happy that it's not Gigi's or Irina's. And I like Hailey's pic a lot. And don't have any problems with Ashley's. She looks like how she looks...

4 minutes ago, Lyla said:

But I think if you like her and think that her message is so important that she should be in a swimsuit magazine, then you should be really happy about her cover too. Because that's the point, isn't it? 

I think it's absolutely logical that she got the cover this year and use the buzz for her cause, next year or later it wouldn't be such a big deal, ppl get used to the fact eventually that a bigger girl is in the magazine too, so MJ is credible at least with her principals and editing. But sorry, the rest of you aren't IMO. 

I've never been an Ashley hater, I 'just' call her fat. 

Actually I'm kinda happy that it's not Gigi's or Irina's. And I like Hailey's pic a lot. And don't have any problems with Ashley's. She looks like how she looks...

I am happy she got the cover. I just wished they picked another photo. And to @Clauds point, as much as I am happy for Ashley I personally prefer if rookies didn't get the cover. I felt the same thing about Lily when she got the cover. As much as I like her (more than Nina) I wasn't a fan of her being on the cover and thought it should have been just Nina.

Just to clarify. when I said "haters" I was generally speaking and was referring to the comments on IG.

Okay, I got it. But I find it kinda funny after how all you came after me when I said that thing. 

And now you kinda agree with a comment where he states that her shoulder is bigger than her head etc...

Whatever. You have the right to think she's not overweight. 

2 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

You like Ashley's cover!? I thought you don't like women that are bigger than a size 2!!! :nicole:

Only if she's 5'3 and has a motor in the back of her Honda. In honor of Ashley's cover, I suggest we do as she does and just go nuts with the Twinkies and Ho-Ho's. 

The comments on the SI page are pretty wild.

Ashley:

• codyholleOn a scale between one and 10 actually no scales she broke them all
  • thewhitestkidyouknowObesity doesn't run in her family nor has anyone run in her family
  • amytuzShe's perfect ?

Ronda:

Hailey:

I tried to find comments of people who were real, as in a decent amount of post of their own with a normal follower/following ratio. The general thing that I'm getting from the covers are that young girls love Ashley's cover while men are making fat jokes and calling her disgusting. Ronda's comments are either about her being a loser, ugly, or awesome. It's kind of the same as Ashley's but less cruel in my opinion. Hailey is getting a lot of praise saying that her cover is the real one and that she's the best cover model. I'll probably do an update later today after mode comments flood in.

•  

20 minutes ago, ltwilla103 said:

The comments on the SI page are pretty wild.

LOL, You may have accidentally stumbled upon a fellow BZer.

20 minutes ago, ltwilla103 said:

codyholleOn a scale between one and 10 actually no scales she broke them all

This guy was going nuts in the comments. And he's a photographer with 28.6k followers, so his comments were especially intriguing

Poor Ashley was backstage saying that she can't wait for her life to change. It's really sweet but so unrealistic. Hailey will be overshadowed for the 3 weeks that the cove rgirl matters and then she will get all the jobs and may even be able to make a high fashion comeback.

Ashley will still get a lot from this. It's a fairly big deal. I don't think getting the cover is definitely this big boost in career. I mean Hannah D really hasn't done anything since getting her cover. Girls like Kate, Irina, Brooklyn, Bar etc whether being with a famous guy or not they still have the name that people know. I think if you said Hannah Davis to anyone it would be a big what? Even though I love her. Hailey or Ashley might get major career boosts or get nothing. Time will tell.

But I do think Hailey's will be the bigger seller.