Bellazon

True Detective

PinkCouture

Surprisingly forthright episode there, probably the most conventional of the season so far. Not sure who this week's director was, but they earned their corn at the end by holding the sequence on Ani throughout. I'm starting to get a slightly weird sense of satisfaction from ploughing through the less coherent stuff and being rewarded with scenes like that. :laugh:

There are still a ton of loose ends (not that the first season was big on tying them up either), though. They only have two more episodes to play with and we’re as far away from solving the big mystery as we ever were. Still waiting for an episode that's genuinely engaging from start to finish, too.

Turns out I got a  candidate for our masked villain. I think its one of the children, the boy ie, who survived the '92 robbery. I can also envisage a scenario where her sister might be an accomplice, like sneaking into  those  parties , getting info on those diamonds etc. The diamonds mean a lot to them obviously, their parents died because of those diamonds and their death turned the kids lives upside down :idk:

I think Stan also took part in the diamond robbery way back. Thats why he was gunned down

Stan and Ben Caspar? But how would Caspar be involved?

He was a corrupt civil servant, not the kind of man who I would think would be involved in murderous jewel heists.

Sorry but I wanted everything to  fit my theory :rofl:

In the last episode Paul heard the story of how, during the LA riots, thieves broke into a mansion, murdered its owners and stole the blue diamonds. Later on, Caspere somehow took possession of those diamonds, although I don't think we're supposed to know the how or the why of that part yet. No matter, one or both of the children orphaned by the murders must go straight onto the list of suspects, not least because there was a reference to masks in there.

Also, am I cracking up or was the hippy molester from Ani's drug-induced flashback the same guy as Ray's ex-wife's real rapist? :unsure:

Also, am I cracking up or was the hippy molester from Ani's drug-induced flashback the same guy as Ray's ex-wife's real rapist? :unsure:

I hope not, that would be really contrived.

Those scenes actually reminded me more of Twin Peaks

Specifically about Bob on Twin Peaks.

Of course there have been too many subtle and not so subtle references to Twin Peaks all season long.

Though that would be kind of a stupid move. Pedophiles are not interested in women.

SO basically, you have yet to watch season 1?? :laugh:

I've seen. :p though I don't remember... :D but that's for sure, who likes little girls doesn't like women. But maybe I'm wrong and there is that kind of sick people too.

On 30/07/2015 at 5:43 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Those scenes actually reminded me more of Twin Peaks

Specifically about Bob on Twin Peaks.

Of course there have been too many subtle and not so subtle references to Twin Peaks all season long.

I feel like Pizzolatto is trying his damndest to do Michael Mann meets David Lynch, although I wonder if he has a proper handle of how Lynch engages the viewer. Not all of his stuff makes sense, and yet, you're happy to go with it because you feel you’re being taken on a journey. Where? Only Lynch knows, but you do feel it. You'd have to say it's debatable whether the sprinkling of those staples into TD has had that same effect.