Bellazon

True Detective

PinkCouture

It didn't end with a bang like the first two episodes did, but it's starting to feel like this season is finding some focus. It's not just a case that no-one wants to be solved, it's one where people are actively being prevented from trying to solve it, and everyone has their own secondary mystery to add to the big mystery.

I’m having trouble buying Vince Vaughn as this edgy, intense hardman, though. He looks like a man you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of, but he doesn't have enough menace or conviction to make the character believable.

Why does everyone hate Ani's e-cigarettes so much? :rofl:

The two seasons are so different that I'm not even sure they're comparable, although it's probably best to wait until the finale to think about that objectively. Round two has hardly anything in the way of referencing past events, no split narrative telling opposing sides of the story and no hints that it might be something more sinister, but every episode has left me wanting more which is always a good sign. I'm expecting it to unfold into something very exciting. :smile:

I think I was enjoying season two more than most, but episode four was when the wheels came off for me.

It was a mess - to the extent that I suspect that the production was rather chaotic - and the action set piece at the end was almost insulting in its repetition (remember that episode four last year ended with Rust as Crash going HAM in the housing projects).

That shooting was ridiculous. The first head shot reached its goal, it had an effect on me, but from that point all the rest was crap and overdone and not action or drama. I just raised my eyesbrows and asked wtf was this.

And these cliches all the time. Now the gay soldier... How original.

And I started to dislike Vince Vaughn a lot. He's a bad actor. I never had a chance to realize this, because I only saw some dubbed comedies from him, but he's just not on that level where McConaughey and Harrelson was. I can watch boring stories with great actors till the world ends, but bad acting like this ruins the experience the most. He's the weakest link from that four.

^ Vince used to be a decent actor but something happened in the early 00's and his acting became shit. What exactly I don't know but something definitely happened b/c the change was kinda abrupt. His appearance also did a 180 around that time too :/  Val Kilmer got the same curse :(

The shoot-out was certainly no 'Rust escapes the projects', which of course was S1's trump card. :/

As much as I wanted to give Vaughn a fair shake, he hasn't convinced at all so far. Part of the problem is the dialogue he's being given, although I also wonder whether, if his delivery was more assured, I’d be able to buy into his character a bit more. Some of the lines, many of which you suspect McConaughey, Harrelson or even Farrell would have had a ball with, sound almost apologetic coming out of his mouth.

I have yet to see any of the new season and have been downloading them each week. Is this season at least as good as season 1?

Second season is very different, but in good way. I really like it. It's more classical detective story. After seeing the China California is the main most desire place to go, so it's worth of watching only for epic landscapes. Colin Farrell is great in his role.

I have yet to see any of the new season and have been downloading them each week. Is this season at least as good as season 1?

Second season is very different, but in good way. I really like it. It's more classical detective story. After seeing the China California is the main most desire place to go, so it's worth of watching only for epic landscapes. Colin Farrell is great in his role.

Single thing on the positive side imo... I couldn't watch any episodes without falling asleep on them. But this last one was OKish, I can see some chance that it won't be a total disaster. 

But yes, some dialogues are awful, and it can be seen by Vince the most, because he's the crappiest.