Bellazon

True Detective

PinkCouture

^Thats a good one :yes:

And they killed Caspere??

Tony Chessani did seem like a dubious character, even before this diamonds revelation. I found his multiple accents lil odd, until I remembered the bad boy from last season. Lol Its all coming together now. Chessanis seem perfectly interchangeable with Tuttles

Looks like the theory about the kids plotting their revenge might be the right one.

I did find Paul's demise unrealistic. He survives a confrontation with four trained mercenaries but then gets killed by a guy who just happens to find himself at the right exit?

Remember that Paul entered the underground tunnels through another door and there were likely several other ways out of there, but somehow Burris won the lottery by choosing the right one.

How was he even there?

^ I don't remember most of the character names. Anyways, I agree the children killed Caspere. To be exact I think the brother was the murderer and the sister helped plot the murder b/c whoever was wearing the mask "looked" male. Also, considering the sister was Caspere's assistant it would have been easy for her to devise a murder plot. Who is the brother? I am not sure. We probably have already met him but we just didn't know it.

I think Frank's wife is more involved that we think. How? No clue. Maybe she was working with Frank's minion, Tony and the Russian guy to take down Frank.

I don't get why movies and TV shows feel the need to add a romance element between characters. Ani and Ray hooking up was unnecessary and seemed forced as if the producers thought it was a rule of thumb for all TV shows.

Who is the brother? I am not sure. We probably have already met him but we just didn't know it.

Probably one of Casper's staff, like his sister?? :idk:  the car was stolen from his work place remember??? Not difficult to find out though, all you'd have to do is watch the previous episodes again...... attentively :rofl:

I think Frank's wife is more involved that we think. How? No clue. Maybe she was working with Frank's minion, Tony and the Russian guy to take down Frank.

Hmm.. Blake would have known and spilled that out for sure if that were the case :/

^ You are probably right about the brother being one of Caspere's employees. I don't feel like re-watching all the episodes to figure out which one it could be so I will just wait to find out on Sunday :laugh:

That's a good point about Blake but i still think there is something up with Frank's wife. She just gives a guilty shady vibe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main question of the anthology: who is the true detective?

No one this season screams "true detective" to me. Maybe Paul but weakly. He's dead so it probably isn't him. Then again I guess you don't need to be alive to be a true detective.

Like with the first season, the True Detective is probably supposed to be the audience.

In any case, in the noir tradition, the detective doesn't have to be very good at his job. Just a victim of circumstance who happens upon some secret, or is used as a pawn, ...

Speaking more broadly about the plot, this piece should answer almost every question (and many you might never have had).

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

:)

That's a good point about Blake but i still think there is something up with Frank's wife. She just gives a guilty shady vibe.

Totally. I think Frank thinks that too, that's why he showed her that dead man, I felt that she's 'guilty' in that scene at least and I expected something else after she stepped in the room, but tbh she seems like she's two-faced from the beginning for me.

I like the theory of the brother being the set photographer.

It would also explain what Laura was really doing on that set (to meet with her brother).

It even links back to the core of the entire intrigue: taking pictures (or video).

I don't recall a set photographer :ninja: Did he even have a speaking part?

Great article by the way :yes:

Totally. I think Frank thinks that too, that's why he showed her that dead man, I felt that she's 'guilty' in that scene at least and I expected something else after she stepped in the room, but tbh she seems like she's two-faced from the beginning for me.

Like the article SS posted said I hope she betrays him b/c it would make the story slightly more interesting.

I like the theory of the brother being the set photographer.

It would also explain what Laura was really doing on that set (to meet with her brother).

It even links back to the core of the entire intrigue: taking pictures (or video).

I don't recall a set photographer :ninja: Did he even have a speaking part?

He only had a couple of lines. One of which was guiltily admitting that he was perving on the hot, scantily clad extras.

This is the guy:

post-186-0-1446438000-50671_thumb.gif