Bellazon

True Detective

PinkCouture

He only had a couple of lines. One of which was guiltily admitting that he was perving on the hot, scantily clad extras.

This is the guy:

http://i.imgur.com/ZH16g75.gif

Oh, that guy. I kinda remember him. During that scene, wasn't he looking at Caspere's assistant as she was entering the movie set? :shifty:

Looking at that gif, Ray's mustache was perhaps the shows greatest loss to date. :p

Ray's mustache is the star of the season (Y) He brought part of it back in the recent episode and by the looks of it the finale episode as well:

On 8/5/2015 at 3:40 PM, PinkCouture said:
On 8/5/2015 at 1:51 PM, Lyla said:

Totally. I think Frank thinks that too, that's why he showed her that dead man, I felt that she's 'guilty' in that scene at least and I expected something else after she stepped in the room, but tbh she seems like she's two-faced from the beginning for me.

Like the article SS posted said I hope she betrays him b/c it would make the story slightly more interesting.

One interesting piece of info gleaned from Frank’s 'meeting' with Blake was that Frank definitely wasn’t the original source of the erroneous tip-off about Ray's ex-wife’s rapist, and Jordan's reaction to walking into the aftermath of the meeting seemed like one of relief. Could it be that she was in league with Blake all those years ago? :unsure:

I've been pretty critical of Vince Vaughn, but I found myself really rooting for Frank this week. His attack on the Russians was such a ballsy and pleasing move from a character who's always seemed slightly out of his depth.

I did find Paul's demise unrealistic. He survives a confrontation with four trained mercenaries but then gets killed by a guy who just happens to find himself at the right exit?

Remember that Paul entered the underground tunnels through another door and there were likely several other ways out of there, but somehow Burris won the lottery by choosing the right one.

How was he even there?

Slightly tenuous leap of logic perhaps, but I had wondered if Holloway could have been in contact with Burris after Paul tried to escape from the tunnels. I was unsure as to whether Holloway was killed or if Paul just beat him up.

Every time I see James Frain, I know he's a wrong'un. :laugh:

On 8/5/2015 at 2:44 AM, PinkCouture said:

I don't get why movies and TV shows feel the need to add a romance element between characters. Ani and Ray hooking up was unnecessary and seemed forced as if the producers thought it was a rule of thumb for all TV shows.

I'm in the 'wish they'd kept it platonic' camp too. I found it quite refreshing that Ray and Ani had more of a respectful and understanding relationship than a close one. The fact that they stayed fully clothed on screen reinforced that it was more about comfort and affection, but it still felt like a cheap and easy move.

On 8/5/2015 at 5:36 PM, PinkCouture said:
On 8/5/2015 at 5:20 PM, Michael* said:

Is anyone else just desperate for a spin-off series starring those orthodox Jewish gangsters? :laugh:

For some reason I could image the vibe of the spin-off to be  something like this:

I'd be on board. :rofl:

I thought the finale was as poor as the rest of the season.

Also, nothing in this show has any relationship to real-life, it's a fantasy with some noir tropes (though not a very good noir at that imho).

I hope they rein in Nic Pizzolatto for season three (if there is a season three).

He needs a writer's room and a producer who keeps him on a short leash.

So little of what happened had an emotional impact, which is problematic.

Also I felt a lil disappointed to find out  Ray was father of that miserable fat kid :(

It was pretty predictable he's the father :/

------------------------------------------------------

Surprised Ray got killed but not surprised Frank got killed. More analysis later...