Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

...Irina Shayk to Miss the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show..

Russian supermodel Irina Shayk, who is currently the lucky girlfriend of Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, is going to miss the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show because she chose to star in the upcoming movie Hercules, which also stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Right now, Irina is busy filming scenes for the movie. This is the very main reason why she just wouldn't be able to make it on the lingerie fashion show.

It has been previously reported that Shayk will star on the said movie about five months ago. Shayk will play Megara, the first wife of Hercules. "I am so thrilled and honoured to say that I will be working with Brett Ratner on his new movie Hercules," said Shayk in June. Cristiano Ronaldo has not yet commented on his model-girlfriend first acting debut. The movie is set to be released on July 24, 2014. It is going to be based on the graphic novel of Admira Wijaya and Steve Moore, Hercules: The Thracian Wars.

Aside from The Rock and Irina, the movie also stars Ian McShane who plays the role of Amphiaraus. Australian actor Stephen Peacocke also made the cut. Peacocke will play the role of Stephanos. Joseph Fiennes is also one of the casts. Brett Ratner is directing the film. Rattner has also directed the Rush Hour films, X-Men: The Last Stand, Tower Heist, and the Fox drama series, Prison Break.

Could Irina be one of the models who shift their careers into acting? There is only one question that remains. Can models be good at acting too, like they do in modeling? There are models who became successful actresses too. Iman, Kim Basinger, Jaime King, and Elle MacPherson were just some of the models who became did well in acting. Let us give Irina a chance and check out her acting abilities when the movie comes out.

au.ibtimes.com

That makes perfect sense, because she has been cast as a roll in the movie for ages, and yet still allegedly went to castings... To potentially walk in a show that was being done in a time block she was already booked for. Yup, perfect sense.

^ aka she didn't get cast and wanted to save face so she looked better, or the site writing the article is full of bullshit. Either or

:rofl:

I am veering towards the article being BS. Why would she go to casting if she knew she wouldn't be able to walk!? :idk:

just a random question, do the models get paid for the show?

I've always wondered this too. They definitely have to because VS is such a big company and doing the VSFS demands a huge time commitment (in comparison to a regular FW show). Plus they need to pay for the right to use their models' images on TV.

But the really interesting question is how much?! I would think that more seasoned girls get paid more, or maybe VS has a standard rate they are willing to pay? We've NEVER heard a story of a girl not doing the VSFS because she wasn't paid enough.

maybe they were afraid that Irina will have more attention than their angels so they didn't choose her. I was asking about the girls that aren't angels if they get paid. I don't know about you but i would walk the runway for free :nicole:

Some more models updates

Without the angels ,there are some models who are confirmed

Lais

Elsa H.

Magda

Barbara F.

Jessica Hart

Josephine Skriver

Jasmine Tookes(both Jasmine and Josephine are confirmed on facebook)

Martha Hunt

Toni Garrn

Izabel Goulart

Probably confirmed:

Sara Sampaio 

Also .Lais and Lindsay have their fittings tomorrow. 

Some other rumours :Brazilian blogger Hugo Gloss “confirmed” that Taylor Swift is performing.

Also there are runours that Lady Gaga,Shakira and Enrique Iglesias will perform.

Further more Irina Shayk WILL NOT WALK since she is busy with a movie

I don't think models get paid to walk the Vsfs. Afterrall, its supposed to be a prestigious job which gives tons of exposure. Girls fight for every spot like its the Olympics, its a matter of life and death for some.

Its not as prestigious as it used to be, but competition gets tougher with each passing year. I'm sure models get no money for it though.