Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Hey don't give up yet what about acting?

To be quite honest with you I don't think that's a realistic career option. I'm not against models turning into actresses (Cara seems to working her way up) but Doutzen, from what I've seen of her acting so far anyway, isn't a natural actress. 

If she really wants to make it work she's going to have to take acting classes, and a lot of them. So far, her name and good looks have landed her a few small parts where she mostly stands around looking pretty. That's all she will be getting if she doesn't work hard and show some talent. Also, in the modeling world, she's basically a veteran already. In acting she'll be competing against a lot of schooled actresses who want the same parts. 

As for her modeling career, I don't think it's over yet, but she does seem to have a somewhat early midlife crisis. Just last year she was talking about being old for modeling at her age and these new comparison pics seem like a somewhat desperate way to prove that she's still got it. I don't think she should worry so much: her face and body are still on point (and I think if her hair was a more natural hue of blonde, she'd look even better.) But if she wants to keep going, maybe it would be good to stop drawing attention to the fact she's not in her twenties anymore. 

Then again, maybe I'm reading too much into it; maybe she's just enjoying time off to spend with her family.  

Fendi campaign is shot with Edie Campbell and 2 newbies

Again no Fendi campaign for her + I dont see that happening anymore

I think Karl might be disappointed when he saw Doutzen because after the Fendi show he never booked her for his 3 brands (Fendi, Chanel, Lagerfeld)/his many campaigns/photography shoots for magazines

Maybe because she worn a shirt with the text: Paris (she was in Milan)

Maybe Karl thought: Doutzen WTF are you wearing? Are u stupid or sleeping? You are in Milan .. not in Paris!

We probably think: not interesting/whatever

But people in the industry take fashion very seriously

And maybe the industry is getting a bit Doutzen tired

And her agency is not helping her either..so why stay with them? She should move on like many other top models do to get more succes/stay on top

They dont wait...they move on!

Doutzen is just at home in Holland being a mother/housewife and waiting for a call from her agency

She's probably not even fighting for her jobs

Although I might be wrong because she was in NY 2 weeks ago and posted a pic on instagram and saying : annoyed face

Mybe she went to a casting and did not get it ...maybe thats why she was annoyed

1 or 2 days later she was back in Holland

Maybe she was attending castings for campaigns and did not get them and now shes posting #thenandnow pics on Instagram to show the castingdirectors she still got it and didnt change much

She is a timeless flawless beauty but we've seen that already 1000 times in her eds/ads/candids etc

Maybe the important people in the industry got bored by her look

A new look might pimp up her career

Maybe now is the time for a hair makeover

Just give it a different color

Ever since 2007 she got the same haircolor

After many years it bores me to death and often the light makes the blonde color look weird on pictures

The blonde color pretty often looks yellow or a bit orange or outgrowth on pictures

(But maybe she's not allowed to change color because of her contract with Loreal)

If a new look doesnt help ... switch agency

If that doesnt help ... maybe it's time to retire

Maybe some Doutzen fans on Instagram can ask her why it's so quiet & where are the brands for her lingerie campaigns?

I refuse to believe that H&M is exclusive

I am pretty sure she wants to move on with her life and be a mother and a wife. She has plenty of money for a living for the rest of her life. I am so happy for her for everything she has achieve in her modeling career. You are all too selfish she can't model for the rest of her life. There is better thing in the world than just money and fame and that is Love. Let her be happy with her personal life, if she doesn't want to be a model that is good for her. She doesn't depend on her fan's life. She can't please everybody in this world but herself.

Fendi campaign is shot with Edie Campbell and 2 newbies

Again no Fendi campaign for her + I dont see that happening anymore

I think Karl might be disappointed when he saw Doutzen because after the Fendi show he never booked her for his 3 brands (Fendi, Chanel, Lagerfeld)/his many campaigns/photography shoots for magazines

Maybe because she worn a shirt with the text: Paris (she was in Milan)

Maybe Karl thought: Doutzen WTF are you wearing? Are u stupid or sleeping? You are in Milan .. not in Paris!

We probably think: not interesting/whatever

But people in the industry take fashion very seriously

And maybe the industry is getting a bit Doutzen tired

And her agency is not helping her either..so why stay with them? She should move on like many other top models do to get more succes/stay on top

They dont wait...they move on!

Doutzen is just at home in Holland being a mother/housewife and waiting for a call from her agency

She's probably not even fighting for her jobs

Although I might be wrong because she was in NY 2 weeks ago and posted a pic on instagram and saying : annoyed face

Mybe she went to a casting and did not get it ...maybe thats why she was annoyed

1 or 2 days later she was back in Holland

Maybe she was attending castings for campaigns and did not get them and now shes posting #thenandnow pics on Instagram to show the castingdirectors she still got it and didnt change much

She is a timeless flawless beauty but we've seen that already 1000 times in her eds/ads/candids etc

Maybe the important people in the industry got bored by her look

A new look might pimp up her career

Maybe now is the time for a hair makeover

Just give it a different color

Ever since 2007 she got the same haircolor

After many years it bores me to death and often the light makes the blonde color look weird on pictures

The blonde color pretty often looks yellow or a bit orange or outgrowth on pictures

(But maybe she's not allowed to change color because of her contract with Loreal)

If a new look doesnt help ... switch agency

If that doesnt help ... maybe it's time to retire

Maybe some Doutzen fans on Instagram can ask her why it's so quiet & where are the brands for her lingerie campaigns?

I refuse to believe that H&M is exclusive

your analysis of Doutzen is a 10/10.

do you work in fashion?

So we know she was in Barbados and I think she must have been working there (thank god). Mette Thorsgaard (hair stylist) left a comment on her ig saying 'Pleasure as always...safe trip back' so she was on set with Doutzy.

No idea what they could have been shooting, as it's very early to be doing any 'warm' shoots.

Oh and being the obsessive that I am, and knowing Barbados quite well, I was able to recognise her hotel so I checked the instagram geotag and no other model/photographers/stylists checked in. I guess we'll have to wait and see.