Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

13 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Seeing this I always thought the throne room being covered in snow meant that winter would finally come to King's Landing especially with everything being destroyed with holes in the ceiling (probably from the Night King riding Viserion) and it was sort of a foreshadowing/secret message to Dany that there were more important and greater things out there to worry about than the Iron Throne and that at the end she will realize she has a greater purpose than becoming Queen of the seven kingdoms but helping to stop the white walkers with army of the dead (hence her getting close to the throne but not touching it instead walking away to save her dragons) because if they don't stop the dead there won't be anything to even rule over. Idk that's how I took this vision/scene as but I guess that probably would have been too predictable, fanfic, or whatever and in a way some of those those things kinda of are/did happening just in a different way i guess.

There is no way I get the exact wording right, so I will try to paraphrase what Liam Cunnigham (Davos) said in an interview. He said that the show doesn't end with everything being answered and tied up nice and neat. He said that would be too easy and unrealistic.

Depending exactly on what he meant, that makes me a little optimistic, but we will see.

On 5/8/2019 at 9:48 PM, GeorgiaGirl said:

Seeing this I always thought the throne room being covered in snow meant that winter would finally come to King's Landing especially with everything being destroyed with holes in the ceiling (probably from the Night King riding Viserion) and it was sort of a foreshadowing/secret message to Dany that there were more important and greater things out there to worry about than the Iron Throne and that at the end she will realize she has a greater purpose than becoming Queen of the seven kingdoms but helping to stop the white walkers with army of the dead (hence her getting close to the throne but not touching it instead walking away to save her dragons) because if they don't stop the dead there won't be anything to even rule over. Idk that's how I took this vision/scene as but I guess that probably would have been too predictable, fanfic, or whatever and in a way some of those those things kinda of are/did happening just in a different way i guess.

Interesting observation.  I saw that as the war against DEATH being the real war, and the power-politics being the distraction.  So the Night King was in fact the real enemy and somehow the army of the dead will make it to King's Landing and the humans would have to set aside their differences and find different ways to cope with each other.   Maybe they would get annihilated by death or they will eek out a close victory and stop the Night King either temporarily or for good.

I always thought that GOT should end with some sort of resolution that transcends and ends the game.- otherwise if anyone wins the throne then it would just be a repetitive cycle of greed, war, and misery for the people while DEATH comes after them when time's up.  

This reminds me of real life, as in post-WW2 saw the complete end of European/Japanese Imperialism/militarism and post-USSR there was a further decline in armament.  Death was known in the form of world-destroying nuclear weapons and the 9-figure body count of two world wars..

On 5/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, Cult Icon said:

Interesting observation.  I saw that as the war against DEATH being the real war, and the power-politics being the distraction.  So the Night King was in fact the real enemy and somehow the army of the dead will make it to King's Landing and the humans would have to set aside their differences and find different ways to cope with each other.   Maybe they would get annihilated by death or they will eek out a close victory and stop the Night King either temporarily or for good.

I always thought that GOT should end with some sort of resolution that transcends and ends the game.- otherwise if anyone wins the throne then it would just be a repetitive cycle of greed, war, and misery for the people while DEATH comes after them when time's up.  

This reminds me of real life, as in post-WW2 saw the complete end of European/Japanese Imperialism/militarism and post-USSR there was a further decline in armament.  Death was known in the form of world-destroying nuclear weapons and the 9-figure body count of two world wars..

I really like your take/theory on that scene. That actually sounds way better than how things are actually turning out tbh. And I agree I don't think anyone should sit on the throne because in the end, it'll just be the same mess rinse and repeat.

7 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

I really like your take/theory on that scene. That actually sounds way better than how things are actually turning out tbh. And I agree I don't think anyone should sit on the throne because in the end, it'll just be the same mess rinse and repeat.

This ending is probably too "hollywood" for Martin/DD...:D who have subverted expectations and maintained a certain nihilism for many of the characters of the show.  I was thinking that maybe the meaning of GOT is that the cycle repeats itself again and there is no happy evolution due to the nature of people, like so many endeavors in real life.   Anyway, I'm hyped up for tonight!!!