Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

18 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

She is gorgeous (and 300 was an awesome movie, I liked both the King and the Queen's acting in this movie). I like her voice and the way she plays with her tone. She's very sexy overall, but she plays a crazy character, so it can't make her popular.

I don't know if she's the best actress though. I liked Michelle Fairley's acting (Catelyn Stark) a lot. It's too bad they didn't use the Lady Stoneheart plot in the series, that would've been interesting. Arya and Brienne are pretty good too.

I get the impression (from net GOT communities/youtube/social media, etc.) that Cersei is one of the most popular female characters due to Lena's skill in portraying the character.  It is probably Lena's most signature role.  She was also a crazy woman in the "Judge Dredd" reboot.  Natalie Domer was also very popular with girls.

Catelyn Stark was great, so was Margeary and Olenna! Brienne was great casting (how difficult is it to find a giantess who can act?)   And others.  Come to think of it, the Tyrells are the most likable of the families.

When I saw Dany snap, my first thought wasn't game of thrones but real world massacres/war crimes that occur in every major war (including those that are committed by those without a particular track record of such behavior) and how they spontaneously happen.  Soldiers who never raped women or killed innocent men, women, children, and even small babies do so after a serious buildup of hatred, paranoia, vengence and fear (ideological factors could also make it worse) .  A major trigger is the deaths of numerous well liked combat leaders.  I think they got the psychology right for Dany:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malmedy_massacre

^ yes, the "crowd" (like soldiers or revolutionaries) can become crazy under such circonstance. Even sane and normal people can do terrible things.

There were a couple of  crazy massacres like this during the French revolution, which was (and people tend to forget it) very bloody.

It's the Psychology of Crowds.

9 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I mean things like King's landing in particular- not slavers or other enemies.

There's hints of her being mad throughout the seasons, Jorah just talks her out of it.