Bellazon

Accents you like, and accents you don't like

k_dub

sure but still a british accent is closer to another british accent than to an american accent, hence the 2 groups... Oh and let's not forget about the vocabulary that makes us foreigners have to learn twice more words, and the expressions that mean something in the UK but something else in the US :|

sure but still a british accent is closer to another british accent than to an american accent, hence the 2 groups... Oh and let's not forget about the vocabulary that makes us foreigners have to learn twice more words, and the expressions that mean something in the UK but something else in the US :|

i dunno. cockney and geordie aren't at all alike :/

I'm Brazilian, but i don't like when brazilians speak english haha, it irritates me when Gisele speaks ^:laugh:

lol i think their accents are cool but is it just me or did adrian and gisele's accents get stronger lately ? they used to speak a better english lol. Alessandra has a good accent but her voice annoys me and she always says "you know" and "like"... "it's like beautiful you know like a very sunny island like you know the kind of place you would think of to spend you holidays you know" :blink:

i dunno. cockney and geordie aren't at all alike :/

the only voices i can remember are the one of the tube's lady and the tube's drivers ("please mind the gap" :ninja: they drove me crazy lol)

Yup. They get "proper angry" in the UK. I guess that means "very angry". When us Americans are very angry, we are "pissed off". In the UK, when they are "pissed" they are drunk. When us Americans are drunk, we are "faded". At least that is what we say on the West Coast in Cali. As far as foreigners are concerned, many of the people who migrated to America in the 1800's have added accents in certain areas in America. The Cajuns had that effect in Louisiana, the Polish in Chicago and Eastern Europeans in North and South Dakota.

Yup. They get "proper angry" in the UK. I guess that means "very angry". When us Americans are very angry, we are "pissed off". In the UK, when they are "pissed" they are drunk. When us Americans are drunk, we are "faded". At least that is what we say on the West Coast in Cali. As far as foreigners are concerned, many of the people who migrated to America in the 1800's have added accents in certain areas in America. The Cajuns had that effect in Louisiana, the Polish in Chicago and Eastern Europeans in North and South Dakota.

"pissed" can be used to mean either drunk or angry. it has two uses. as does "fag". :ninja:

I'm surprised nobody brought up Canadians. Yes, they have an accent - even the French Canadians have it.

As an obsessive hockey fan in the United States, I can always tell when hockey announcers and hockey players are Canadian. No doubt the Canadian "accent" was influenced by the British and French.

:heart: Canada! Especially because I am about 35 minutes away!

And I can't express my love enough for the Southern accent! :heart:

I don't believe I have an accent. If I do, it's unknown. I was raised in Michigan.

I guess I have a "Michigan" accent? :laugh:

Well, here is a handy website. :p

http://www.michigannative.com/ma_pronunciations.shtml

Yes, I have been guilty! :whistle:

http://www.michigannative.com/ma_idiosyncrasies.shtml

"I'm surprised nobody brought up Canadians. Yes, they have an accent - even the French Canadians have it.

As an obsessive hockey fan in the United States, I can always tell when hockey announcers and hockey players are Canadian. No doubt the Canadian "accent" was influenced by the British and French.

:heart: Canada! Especially because I am about 35 minutes away!

And I can't express my love enough for the Southern accent! :heart:

I don't believe I have an accent. If I do, it's unknown. I was raised in Michigan."

Most everybody has an accent. Of course, nobody hears their own accent. Where you were raised, nobody notices a accent because they probably talk the same way.

Edited by k_dub

The NBA package is free this week on cable, and I was watching the Timberwolves-Celtics game. Y'all know Wally got traded to the Celtics to the Timberwolves, and they are in Minnesota, so I wanted to see how the Minnesotanians were gonna respond. However, I having a hard time watching that game. This one announcer has this ANNOYING BOSTON ACCENT!!! :pinch: :yuckky: When he says Wally's last name, he says "SZOIBEACK"!!! :war:

People from boston sound like they are four years old. lol. j/k.

I don't like heidi's accent.

from a foreigner's point of view think Heidi's accent is really gd... if i didn't know she's german i could think she's american.

However, her voice annoys me... Not as much as Selita Ebanks' but still... :laugh: