Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

@Doutzen Talked about her H&M contract: “I’m so happy. When I met them, it was already like a second family. It was was so much fun, nice weather, relaxing.. And also with Terry Richardson, to work with him, so much fun. Other angels aren’t allowed to have big other contracts, but I’m an exception. We changed the contract a little bit. I just said: ‘I want to be able to work with H&M, or it’s over’. It was a little scary to say that, but it worked out. And I’m really happy with it, I know that they wanted to work with me for a long time but it wasn’t possible because of Victoria’s Secret.”

That's what she said. Again, it could be shitty translation but at least to me it sounded a little bitchy from her. 

Posted by Gelling on this thread

I'm late but doesn't alessandra also have an H&M contract now also?IF so I don't think she is an exception lol

and because she is the "exceptional" one VS never gives her any love. Not mad about her dissing vs, its just she talking like she with H&M and while also getting the love candice and adriana gets at the same time with VS. She not lol, some things were def sacrficed and that is her usage in VS and possibly the fantasy bra. Even though she could probably care less.

I like doutzen but she talking with an ego....that is too big for me, like she just got it like that. Calm all that down. VS still be shading you with the horrid outfits, no fantasy bra, and I bet they don't even pay her as much as some other angels either.

All the angels and models can be bitchy a one point, every single one. But just because a person admits and calls themselves a bitch doesn't means its right and doesn't mean people shouldn't have a problem with it

post-44858-0-1446081094-30337_thumb.gif

It seems like being an Angel starts to lose its luster after some time. I would say that someone like Adriana is an exception. Others seemed to have declared "I want way more money or a less strict contract or I'm out". There were rumours about Gisele and Miranda etc. and Doutzen confirmed it in a way.

^Shoot its better than working manual labor or any of theses other 9 to 5 jobs people have to work day to day just to make ends meat. They better count there blessings.

True. I hate when models complain about their jobs. I remember when candice use to do it from time to time and she had the lamest reasons to complain about. Something about elements.... anyway lol At the end of the day, not all models, because I know there are models like gisele who make all that money by doing more than just modeling, but models like adriana them, I don't want to hear them complain. There are people doing way more important and harder jobs and isn't get paid like they are to do them and sometimes its still not enough

VS wise I am sure it sucks if you aren't candice, adriana, and at the moment behati because its like being the side line hoe of a relationship lol. You have models like them who are always used most, get the most exposure, benefits, and money and vs loves them and then you have models like doutzen and alessandra(now) who VS acts as if they aren't that important and keeps them under a tight contract while not giving them the same attention as candice them.

But still don't complain about being a model or a vs angel. The fact that they don't put you to use as much as others and keep you from getting even more over paid than you already are, is something some models need to get over.Don't complain when you are damn near over paid and you want to go somewhere else where you can also be over paid. Because it could be worse, they could not be models and have a regular job where they don't have the better benefits that modeling gives them.

I like Doutzen cuz she's honest. English is not her 1st language, maybe she's saying it wrong while she probably meant to say something else. She probably has a broken English I have it. I always get misunderstood. & if she admits she's bitch is better than denying it, at least she doesn't come out fake like other models. She's probably doesn't care about the fantasy bra

Actually we do know in what tone she said it because Siemgi posted a video.I truly give two shits about it. I am just stating that IMO Doutzen was a bitch to VS and her co-workers, which was a probably pretty stupid move from her in the long run.

As for being an Angel losing luster after some time, I get that, especially when you're not even one of their go-to girls. I think probably Adriana & Alessandra are still there because VS has always been pretty good to them in terms of giving them work, putting their names out there and stuff ... While girls like Izabel & even Miranda always played second to them. If Lindsay, Erin or Lily decided to leave VS today to pursue other things I think it would be completely understandable because I doubt VS will suddenly star to madly love them. And like any other job, after a while I'm sure it does get boring, I mean is not like modeling lingerie/swimsuit has much depth to it, as much as I like Adriana I think it's her time to leave too because as a fan I am bored seeing her do the same stuff again & again ... So I guess that for the models it's the same, I was told by a model once "How many swimsuits can I model before it gets annoying? There's nothing new to it after a while" and it's true. After you're an Angel, there's really nothing else for you to aspire with the brand so I can see why the girls get over it after a while.

But I also agree that it's annoying as fuck when models complain about modeling being that hard. I'd love to see some of them trying a normal office job and lose their shit after the first two days.

"But I also agree that it's annoying as fuck when models complain about modeling being that hard. I'd love to see some of them trying a normal office job and lose their shit after the first two days."

I am pretty sure is more stressfull working as a model than working in an office. They have more pressure in looking attractive 24/7. They can't eat all they want, & if they do, they have to burn the extra calories,waking up early to get the perfect light so the picture would come out perfect & having perfect skin, no pimples, waiting in the airport for hours, getting flights delayed. I couldn't be a model, it would be to stressful. I rather work in an office.

Modelling seems not to be the issue but Victoria's Secret specifically. My guess is that they hear about all the job offers they can't take, see other successful models doing all sorts of interesting things and as much as they like being an Angel the work is pretty similar year after year. Even as a viewer it gets a little boring sometimes to see them go to the same places. One show is the highlight, going to a swim vacation/work is great but there really doesn't seem to be that much variety. Every year they do the same things basically. These are some spoiled bitches we are talking about ;D

And I don't usually do the whole "Oh wow that is their job while millions upon millions are slaving away at factories" but seeing this video made that thought pop into my head :D

"But I also agree that it's annoying as fuck when models complain about modeling being that hard. I'd love to see some of them trying a normal office job and lose their shit after the first two days."

I am pretty sure is more stressfull working as a model than working in an office. They have more pressure in looking attractive 24/7. They can't eat all they want, & if they do, they have to burn the extra calories,waking up early to get the perfect light so the picture would come out perfect & having perfect skin, no pimples, waiting in the airport for hours, getting flights delayed. I couldn't be a model, it would be to stressful. I rather work in an office.

There are tons of people who work at an office and still have these same problems though. Shit, most of those regular people get those problems by looking at the models themselves, the pressure of self image isn't limited to just models. Its to everyone because of society. Regular people put just as much pressure on themselves about their looks as models, we see that all the time, people end up harming themselves because of that. The only difference is, models are going to get a bigger benefit and a check out of it. Which is still a better benefit than regular people.

I just can't empathize that much with a model, even if you are a VS model, and it gets boring. That money ain't boring, the places you go isn't boring. And if it really is they can take all that money they get, and buy their way out of bordem.Like be grateful, modelling isn't easy exactly, but what job is?Atleast you get paid alot, because there are annoying, harder jobs, and people don't even get that much out of them at all. I can only feel sorry for someone who has a family of their own and if they constantly have to leave the family. Thats sad I guess. Because regular people get to see the people who make them happy more. But everything else is just superficial and small sacrifices, that models can get over. If you a younger model with no responsibilities but a boyfriend, don't bother complaining. Because at the end of the day your job is so much more worth it. There are more benefits than usual when you are actually doing the work, and even after you have done the work

I mean candice tried it when she complained about the places they travel for VS swim and said something about the elements. And that was the first model from VS i ever heard complain about the places they go for VS swim, Girl.... and that was the second time I heard her complain. When a model is like that, its annoying as hell.

^^^^^^^THIS. Yeah I can see how its can be a little stressful trying to keep your body in shape and overall trying to maintain looking a certain way, but like I said before these girls better count there blessings. They get paid loads more than people who actually spend years in college getting all kinds of degrees who become doctors, lawyers, veterinarians, teachers, ect. The only time I can relate/sympathize with theses models when they complain is if they are have children who they don't really get to spend as much time with do to work other than that they can cut the "oh my job is so hard and boring mess".  

Like I see people who work 9 to 5 jobs AND got to school while having to take care of there kids who don't and will probably never make the amount of money theses models make got/have it much harder and go through real struggles so to hear theses models complain about "the elements" and it be "boring" is ridiculous because I bet that nice check isn't boring. #justkeepingit100