Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Sorry for the double post, but I can't find Erin H's thread...I searched on Bing and through the search feature here, but it said nothing matched. I swear I typed it correctly. Does anyone know what that is about or how I can find her thread? I just wanted to see if there had been any updates, and since I'm stuck inside, I wanted to go through her entire thread. I really enjoy doing that with models I like! It's relaxing lol

On 4/9/2020 at 5:44 PM, bump said:

Sorry for the double post, but I can't find Erin H's thread...I searched on Bing and through the search feature here, but it said nothing matched. I swear I typed it correctly. Does anyone know what that is about or how I can find her thread? I just wanted to see if there had been any updates, and since I'm stuck inside, I wanted to go through her entire thread. I really enjoy doing that with models I like! It's relaxing lol

Humm not sure why you couldn't find it, it came up pretty easily to me both in the BZ search field and in google search :idk: It's here and it works just fine.

20 hours ago, Clauds said:

Humm not sure why you couldn't find it, it came up pretty easily to me both in the BZ search field and in google search :idk: It's here and it works just fine.

Thank you! I have no idea what was going on. sometimes Behati's thread doesn't show up for me when I search on Bing, but then if I search on BZ, it works. I figured Erin's would at least show up on BZ. 

I really appreciate you taking the time to link me to it. I'm going to look at it now! 

I can't tell you how much I agree with just about everything you all said.

On 4/4/2020 at 3:05 PM, Marsnoop said:

100% to me even the last recognizable Angel group to me was Candice, Behati, Rosie, Miranda, and Doutzen.  Those were girls that VS made into stars.  And I wish Rosie and Miranda had stayed a bit longer to really cement that.  I feel like Emanuela de Paula also would have been a fantastic addition with those girls, and that would have been the clear successors to usher in the new decade as the top angels as Adriana/Ale/Heidi/Tyra/Gisele had done before.  

I feel like the VS executives were dumbstruck that Rosie and Miranda left as soon as they did and that pushed them to hold onto Ale and Adriana a bit longer for  that superstar status.  But no idea why they never developed Doutzen as much as Candice.  I'm guessing because Doutzen never had as restricted a contract and wanted to do more things besides VS, but to me these girls were the last recognizable and meaningful angel faces.  

The angel brand started being watered down when they added Izabel and Selita who became angels right away without any VS work, and Marisa (who was great at catalog but had no place in the show).  Then they went and hired Erin H, Chanel, Lindsay Ellingson, and Karlie who were all fantastic in HF, but again not really the VS type.  They just didn't really live up to the title, and by the time Romee/Stella/Martha/Elsa were being added I could barely tell any of them apart.  Even if I liked Taylor and Sara, I just wasn't that invested in them as angels because there was no point to being an angel.  No 3 outfits, wings, segment openings.   

This whole post was nothing but facts but this right here is the one. I always felt that Emanuela would have made a great angel. The girl had everything, the personality/charisma, the walk, THE BODY, and she seemed to work well with the other angels/models and VS team (Russell James seemed to adore her). It's like VS swapped her out for Lais and I'm sorry but till this day I don't think Lais was the right choice out of the two. She is pretty with an amazing body and seems sweet but she tends to get overshadowed and fall in to the background a lot and even with her getting to open segments and wearing the fantasy bra she still seems to be the current least followed/popular angel out of her angel group (Taylor, Jas, Sara, Elsa, est).

On 4/7/2020 at 5:39 PM, GiseleQueenBee said:

The thing about VS pushing Candice is that she never really had that superstar quality to begin with. And I really think it had to do with her personality. Sure she was a great model for VS, but She just didnt have that wow factor in her personality to really take it to the next level. To be honest she comes across as quite boring and dull- at least from the stuff i've seen with her. I think the only people who ever really pulled for Candice were VS fans/fashion insiders. I don't think the general public really took to her, which is why she didn't become a household name like Tyra or Heidi. I think ultimately she was just too shy and reserved to really stand out and make a name for herself outside of VS. Im not trying to discredit her though, She had an amazing career with VS and no one can take that away from her. But VS definitely should've focused on other models more instead of putting all their eggs into one basket with Candice.

I also agree with you about miranda, VS definitely missed a golden opportunity to promote her more because she's much more well-known and a mainstream figure. As for Doutzen I think VS just sadly pushed her to the side while they focused on Candice. It is what it is. At least Doutzen was prepared and made sure she had a good thing going for her in HF for when she left VS. She's still getting decent HF work today even as an older model.

I always felt this way when it came to Candice. I'm not as big of a fan of hers as I was when she first started with VS but I will give credit were it is due, and say girl has/had one of THE most amazing body and she would always kill it when it came to the commercials and print work. Say what you want about her but she was one of VS best angel choices in recent years imo. Now what VS messed up with when it came to Candice was shoving her down everyone's throat as their new "It Girl" angel at that time. I get that VS has to have their lead angel(s) so to speak one that becomes the main face(s) of the brand (Gisele had her time, Adriana had hers) but it seemed like with Candice VS went into overdrive to push/promote at the expense of the other angels. Them pushing her so hard actually ended up somewhat backfiring and instead some people (such as myself) just ended tired of seeing her on everything VS. All the overexposure from VS did was just further exposed Candice's' unenthusiastic personality and prove no matter how much they pushed her that deep down she didn't really have what it took to fully step out of her comfort zone and become the HBIC  so to speak in VS like Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, and Adriana did. Funny thing is VS (Sophia) had talked down on Kate Upton but at the time she was the so called blonde bombshell of that era with bubbly/fun personalty that was able to catch the general public's attention, was very popular in commercial and gaining high fashion traction, was getting covers left and right, interviews, est.  Her career may not be anything spectacular now but Kate pretty much had become everything VS had wanted Candice to be at that time.

Does anyone remember when was the last time the girls did anything for VS? I haven't seen anything from Candice, Martha or Sara in months, I wonder if they all left/were let go? Leomie, Barbara, Alexina, Grace, Taylor, Jasmine, Josephine, Romee, Stella and Lais have all shot recently/featured in the VS social media but the others have been completely MIA. That'd be four (those three plus Elsa) girls gone in a very short time. I don't follow Sara or Martha in social media but a quick search shows they've posted nothing from VS in a while either.

The last thing Martha and Candice shot was the holiday campaign. Sara had new white wall photos released recently and before that Valentine’s was the last big campaign. Pretty sure everyone else has either shot a campaign or white wall just prior to everything shutting down for covid-19. 

5 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Does anyone remember when was the last time the girls did anything for VS? I haven't seen anything from Candice, Martha or Sara in months, I wonder if they all left/were let go? Leomie, Barbara, Alexina, Grace, Taylor, Jasmine, Josephine, Romee, Stella and Lais have all shot recently/featured in the VS social media but the others have been completely MIA. That'd be four (those three plus Elsa) girls gone in a very short time. I don't follow Sara or Martha in social media but a quick search shows they've posted nothing from VS in a while either.

the last time martha posted something about vs was in december. sara shot white background before the quarantine (i guess) since those photos were released a few days ago. the last time candice and elsa were featured on vs' ig was in january... 🤔

Now that I think about it, I can see them not doing the fashion show this year with this whole covid-19 situation going on. Isn't it around this time of year when they start doing all the planning for the show? I watched a Youtube video once where they said they start planning the show around April, then it takes several months to get all the outfits designed & made as well as get the venue set up, not to mention the countless meetings they have during this time to make sure everything is running smoothly. But if everyone's self-isolating right now and will be for at least another month or so how can they put together a show? Just a random thought.

They can still plan all that via Zoom, it's not a big deal yet because the sketches and stuff can still be done but if this goes on through summer that is a different ball game, but still idk if they'll bring back the show at all tho, considering last year they didn't do anything to replace the show.

Aaand thanks for answering girls! It seems like at least Candice, Elsa and Martha are done and Sara seems to be safe, I don't remember her in the Valentine's Day at all but I hated the campaign anyway so there's that :ninja:

On 4/11/2020 at 9:51 PM, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I know this thread hasn’t been as active as it used to but amid the COVID-19/Coronavirus times...I hope all of you and your loved ones are safe out there and I wish you guys the very best ❤️ 

Thank You Andrew ❤️ Much love to You! 

I'm back amid Quarantine, and I have been watching old shows and stuff. Wich angels/models were your fave in each show? I'm starting in 2005 just because.

-2005: Adri, KK and Gisele to me Stole the whole show,(Hot, Glam and lots of energy), even if tyra was retiring. Isabelli Fontana and Natasha Poly were Stunning.

-2006: Gisele, KK and Ale with the poker wingssss OMG stunning. Adri to me faded tho. Jess Stam, Hana Soukupova and Rosie were highlights.

-2007: Adri ,Miranda, Selita and Alessandra period. from the new girls,Rosie, Candice and Behati made an impression on me. (Also it was my First time watching the Show)

-2008: Randa, Candice, Adri & ale were fantastic. Behati, Erin and Abbey Lee, Gorg.

-2009: Ale and Doutzen, Miranda kinda too. Anna Jagodzinska and Rosie were stunn.

-2010: Adri, Ale, Behati, Candice, Rosie were the strongest in the angel line up. KK was gorg. and queen magda & the jablonskis appeared for the first time and i fell for them.

-2011: Pretty much all angels except Chanel were on Point. Constance Jablonsky, liu wen, Elsa and Lais excelled.

-2012: One of my Fave shows. All the angels were Stunning, their walks and their Pressence. Except Karlie. The jablonskis, Elsa, Liu and Joan cemented their regular status here for me.

-2013: Lindsay, Ale, Doutzen, Candice, Adri and Behati were highlights for me. Kally Gale looked gorg and Magda slayedddd.

-2014: Another Fave, All the angels were stunn, 3 looks for each and they workeddd. Constance, Liu, Kate Grigorieva and Shanina Were soooo Good too.

-2015: With the 200 new models in the angel lineuo, Only Adri, Behati, Ale, Candice Jac, Elsa and Romee Stood out for me. Lily D, Leomie, Josephine and Joan were pretty gorg.

I Didn't care a lot about the last 3 shows so, meh.

What about you guys?

16 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

Now that I think about it, I can see them not doing the fashion show this year with this whole covid-19 situation going on. Isn't it around this time of year when they start doing all the planning for the show? I watched a Youtube video once where they said they start planning the show around April, then it takes several months to get all the outfits designed & made as well as get the venue set up, not to mention the countless meetings they have during this time to make sure everything is running smoothly. But if everyone's self-isolating right now and will be for at least another month or so how can they put together a show? Just a random thought.

i thought we had talked about this here? but i guess it was on ig lol we won't have a show this year either, i mean, things are getting pretty bad in the us right now (for what i read on social media), we've been locked up a month now in my country and experts say that it's very likely that beaches will be closed the entire summer, clubs won't open until october/november (if quarantine ends in april and that won't happen) so... no, i don't see the show happening this year. if my country has a better situation that the us and we're like this...

27 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

i thought we had talked about this here? but i guess it was on ig lol we won't have a show this year either, i mean, things are getting pretty bad in the us right now (for what i read on social media), we've been locked up a month now in my country and experts say that it's very likely that beaches will be closed the entire summer, clubs won't open until october/november (if quarantine ends in april and that won't happen) so... no, i don't see the show happening this year. if my country has a better situation that the us and we're like this...

Damn girl, where are you? That sounds rough af. We have it pretty good here in Denmark I think, I've going to the sommerhus and the beach/forest a lot because you don't see as many people there is more space there than in the city. Quarantine here is starting to be slowly lifted this week. Thankfully the government here was pretty fast in taking action and getting their shit together so we haven't been hit as hard, we'll see in the next few weeks, the peak was expected to be late April/early May but so far the numbers have been better than expected here.

But yeah with or without miss rona in the picture, I doubt the show will be back this year tbh.

15 hours ago, Fashionsketcher said:

Thank You Andrew ❤️ Much love to You! 

I'm back amid Quarantine, and I have been watching old shows and stuff. Wich angels/models were your fave in each show? I'm starting in 2005 just because.

What about you guys?

I really only cared about 2009-2012. I watched the earlier shows and didn't like them, and the last few years of the show sucked as well. 2017 wasn't bad,but I didn't like 2018 very much even though Barbara P was there (she's my favorite). 

I always loved seeing the same models: Miranda, Candice, Lily, Erin, Doutzen, Rosie, even Lindsey to an extent. Adriana and Alessandra were always fun, but they never stood out to me. 2010-2012 are the best years, imo. 

8 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

I was saying it because VS never officially confirmed whether or not the show was happening this year, so up until now I suspected that there could still be a chance that they do it. However, with everyone quarantining/social distancing possibly through the summer I realized that it was more than likely that they can't even get together to plan the show now, so it probably won't be happening at all. But like others have said, I can see them not bringing it back at all at this point. It's kind of a thing of the past now and I think people have moved on.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, GiseleQueenBee said:

I was saying it because VS never officially confirmed whether or not the show was happening this year, so up until now I suspected that there could still be a chance that they do it. However, with everyone quarantining/social distancing possibly through the summer I realized that it was more than likely that they can't even get together to plan the show now, so it probably won't be happening at all. But like others have said, I can see them not bringing it back at all at this point. It's kind of a thing of the past now and I think people have moved on.

I thought there was a chance they'd bring it back, too, just on a different platform. But I agree that with all that's going on now, that's not going to happen. I wonder if they'll try again next year or if they'll not attempt it again? I feel like by next year, no one is going to care anyways. Barely anyone ( besides us and other fashion forms) probably cares at this point. VS and being an Angel is not what it used to be. 

I miss when they would do in store appearances and we'd get all kinds of pictures and videos. 

8 hours ago, bump said:

I miss when they would do in store appearances and we'd get all kinds of pictures and videos. 

Time will tell in regards to a show popping up somewhere and in store appearances once the world gets over the pandemic. 

I too miss the store appearances. The most recent one we had Stella in North Dallas. Too far to go when broke. 

15 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Time will tell in regards to a show popping up somewhere and in store appearances once the world gets over the pandemic. 

I too miss the store appearances. The most recent one we had Stella in North Dallas. Too far to go when broke. 

We never had any store events even remotely close to where I live.

I know most of these Angels I listed below aren't Angels anymore, but since the events were really popular years ago, here are some Angels I would/would't go see. I could care less about seeing celebrities, but if I had a chance to see a model I like and it was something easy, free, and not out of the way, I would probably go to an event. 

I would've only gone if it had been Barbara, Miranda, Candice, Lily, or Behati.

I like Rosie, Doutzen, Karlie, and Erin, but not enough to stand in line for and I had/have no desire to see Adriana, Alessandra, Karolina, Gisele. And I don't really care for any of the new Angels, except I'd go for Jasmine or Romee, maybe Elsa. 

Who would you guys be willing to wait in line for at a store event?