Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

No candice :( ^ BUT still cool.

How in the world can Lindsay be an Angel? :ninja: (& I don't even wanna talk about Rosie). Gosh ... this VS ppl has lost their mind!

I like both Lindsay & Rosie,don't like them as angels tho.

Candice is an angel? :drool: I should be soo excited by this fact..but seriously everyone seems to be a angel now..

IS BAR REFAELI AN ANGEL? she's only modeled for them like 4 times, but ya know it could happen :whistle:

Of course Bar is an Angel ... & Brooklyn ... & Jarah ... & Erin ... & Chanel

In fact, IM an Angel now ... Ed Razek gave a VS contract last week for my B.Day!

OMGG ME TOO.im now a VS ANGEL.

hhaa,but i think we all get the point..its getting ridiculous.

IMO:

Rosie- :heart: lovely,shes english too,so gotta supoort her,shes a great model & spokesmodel. Angel? forsure.

Miranda- Keeper. always.

Candice- :heart: no words.i adore her.

Alessandra- not a fan,average looking to me,but when you think of VS you think of Ale ,so gotta keep her.

Erin- :blink: IMO she is so average it baffles me why she's even a model.

Emanuela-Give this girl a contact to be an angel vs! shes stunning.

Lindsay- prettygirl,good model,i like her :heart:

I'm not even going to try and understand their angel system now

I like the new commercial and behind the scenes stuff. Candice seems so sweet and is gorgeous. Love Alessandra as always. Rosie scared me a little when she flexed :ninja: Lindsay is actually growing on me, she has such a gorgeous face :heart:

won't comment on the rest

Who is doing this?!? Where the hell is Emanuela?!? Just as important of a question, why are there so many A and B cups? There is pretty no variety in their body types anymore.

I was disappointed in the commercial as well. I would blame the girls and there being too many to focus on in the span of a 15 second commercial, but there have been VS commercials with like 7 or 8 girls and it worked. Also, the concept was too "cute" for my liking. I feel like we haven't seen a really sexy VS commercial in awhile like the ones Michael Bay did back in the day. Not that sorry ass excuse of a Christmas commercial. If it was a commercial for Pink then it would've been okay. And then Erin and Lindsay look the same to me when Iook really fast. And I think they're trying to make Mia the new Oluchi. Tomorrow we'll see Tyra back on VSAllAccess.

If the point in having so many Angels is to phase one group in as the old group goes out, having this many Angels makes complete sense to me. :idk:

It's true, if you guys haven't noticed they always have a large group of "angels" before they start making cuts. At one point we had:

Adriana

Ale

Gisele

Karolina

Tyra

Heidi

- Gisele/Tyra/Heidi left and were replaced with..[however Heidi didn't really leave, she's still just a household name for them and really does't do a damn thing for the company]

Adriana

Ale

Izabel

Karolina

Selita

Heidi

- Then came the rumors of Miranda, Behati, Doutzen and Marisa

Within just a year or so.... we had

Adriana

Ale

Izabel

Karolina

Selita

Heidi

Miranda

Behati

Doutzen

Marisa

[10] and we all know what happened. Poof, buh byes. Iza, Karolina, Selita, Heidi

Now we have 12? So who the hell are VS going to cut to bring the number back down to 6?

It honestly seems like VS is picking up girls who "fit a certain mold" and are trying them out in different groupings to see which 5-6 have the best feel to it, that and who's able to push product for them. As soon as Adriana comes back, I'm sure we'll see Ale drop off the face of the planet and we'll start seeing Adriana showing up at events with the girls, then Marisa will have her turn, if they don't drop her in the mean time, then Miranda.... ect ect ect

These VS times right now with young 20 and 21 year olds in the catalogue remind me of the 2001 & 2002 years when you had (then) youngsters like Gisele, Adriana, Ana Beatriz, Karolina, Isabeli, and Alessandra used more than the older models. Most of the Brazilians were around 20 or 21. Isabeli and Karolina were still in their teens. Even Marisa was in her early 20s at the time. The only difference between then and now is that people "liked" those models when they were taking the place of the veterans, and people don't like these newcomers.

I don't see changing the line-up as a bad thing. VS can't just keep relying on the same models over and over again. The angel line-up needed to get younger. Heidi and Marisa are over 30. Adriana and Alessandra are getting there. Looking at the young guard - Behati (20), Candice (21), Lindsay (23), Chanel (20), Erin (21), Rosie (22) - it clearly looks like an angel line-up for the future to me. The only angel of the old guard that I really see fitting in with that group is Miranda, and that's primarily because she has a younger looking face. (I hope she moves on instead of sticking around, but that's a different discussion).

A lot of the young guard are thin at the moment, but so were most of the others when they started. Adriana and Karolina were thin when they started with them, and they filled out as they got older. I don't doubt that some of the new angels will do something similar. All that said, I don't personally like any of these newcomers. Time will tell if the public really latches onto them as individuals, but I think they make a solid group together.

I don't really think Alessandra will "drop off the face of the planet" once Adriana comes back, becoz I don't really think she's being used as much as the other girls ... for example, Candice ... she's everywhere, if you take a look to the site, she is EVERYWHERE, if look at the catalogs she's almost in every page ... I know Ale used to be like that, but not this time! For me she's not getting as much attention as Candice or the "new" faces! :dontgetit:

i get the feeling that not all those models are angels, i think only six or seven of them are angels. i think the other girl just the spokemodel for victoria's secret. i mean in the website it say get to know the victoria's secret supermodels not angel.

my favorite from them is rosie, and erin.

where the hell is gracie and emanuela profile. they should just add them in the list to, it won't make a difference no more, since their is already

so many of them, with 2 more profile it wont make a difference no more.

I agree there are some angels and some are supermodels for the brand...notice how they are going out of their way to make sure that is clear. I was told by a source that these some of these girls are NOT angels, but not which ones. Heck Valmont (who works with behind the scenes people, including a few of the models agents, still states that Marisa is NOT an angel and just continuing to work as a spokesperson for the brand...which is what a lot of these girls I believe are.)

My guess if we wanted to name official angels. I'd say your looking at

Heidi

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen

Behati

Candice (and that's doubtful)

The other girls (Erin, Chanel, Lindsay, and Rosie) are just like Ana, Oluchi, Emanuela...they all get commercials, promos, events..but it doesn't mean they're angels.

Lindsay almost basically gave away she wasn't an angel in her recent behind the scenes interview because she talked about how she hopes to create her own lingerie line soon, now in no way would an angel contract allow that...at all.

i get the feeling that not all those models are angels, i think only six or seven of them are angels. i think the other girl just the spokemodel for victoria's secret. i mean in the website it say get to know the victoria's secret supermodels not angel.

I think youre right. Notice how English is the primary language for all of the new "supermodels". I'm thinking this is a tactic for VS to have better promotions. If this is the case, then it is somewhat understandable that Emanuela and Gracie havent been added, as theyre trying improve their English speaking skills.

Victoria's Secret is a totally a chaos ... they can't define between who the hell is an Angel and who is NOT. I actually agree with you Lost_Soul, is hard for me to believe Lindsay, Erin or Channel could be Angels, it doesn't make any sense to me, for real. But whatever, all they do is play with ou minds, today you're an Angel, tomorrow you're not ... so, that's how it works for that ppl! I think they have so much fun changin' VS All Access page :ninja:

i think that is their secret, they don't want to tell us who are the official angels.

if i could choose the seven girl from all the twelve girls they have on their list it would be

Rosie, Erin, Candice, Heidi, Doutzen, Miranda, and Chanel. i think this should be the new angel line up.

why was taylor launch it, she is just an actress?

B/c now they always have some 'celebrity' to launch their products...

Naturally: Marisa Miller Ft. Annalyne McCord & Shannon Doherty

Heavenly Enchanted: Miranda Kerr Ft. Giuliana Rancic & Melyssa Rycroft (who?)

Velvet: Alessandra Ambrosio Ft. Lindsay Lohan

Love Rocks: Marisa Miller & Taylor Momsem

Secret Moments: Alessandra Ambrosio Ft. Adrianne Bailon & Christian Siriano

VS, you suck

They also used Ashlee Simpson for the Pajama Party of something.

As far as line-ups go

Original 1997 Angels, Christmas and English Lace commercials: Stephanie Seymour, Daniela Pestova, Karen Mulder, Tyra Banks, Helena Christensen

Original runway Angels in 1998: Stephanie Seymour, Daniela Pestova, Karen Mulder, Tyra Banks, Chandra North

Christmas 1998: Stephanie Seymour, Daniela Pestova, Karen Mulder, Tyra Banks, Laetitia Casta, Inés Rivero

VSFS 1999: Stephanie Seymour, Daniela Pestova, Karen Mulder, Tyra Banks, Laetitia Casta, Heidi Klum

VSFS 2000: Stephanie Seymour, Daniela Pestova, Karen Mulder, Tyra Banks, Laetitia Casta, Heidi Klum

VSFS 2001: Daniela Pestova, Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima

VSFS 2002/2003: Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima

AAA 2004: Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio

VSFS 2005: Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova

VSFS 2006: Heidi Klum (host only), Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova, Izabel Goulart, Selita Ebanks

VSFS 2007: Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova, Izabel Goulart, Selita Ebanks, Miranda Kerr, Marisa Miller

VSFS 2008: Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova, Selita Ebanks, Miranda Kerr, Marisa Miller, Doutzen Kroes

VSFS 2009: Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, Marisa Miller, Doutzen Kroes, Behati Prinsloo (+ Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Candice Swanepoel, Lindsay Ellingson, Erin Heatherton)

VSFS 2010: Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Behati Prinsloo, Candice Swanepoel, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Erin Heatherton, Chanel Iman, Lily Aldridge

Pink:

2004-2006: Alessandra Ambrosio

2006-2008: Miranda Kerr

2008-?: Behati Prinsloo

Notes:

-Laetitia Casta filled in for Helena Christensen in the 1997 Christmas commercial before she actually became an Angel. She also returned for a What is Sexy Commercial in 2002.

-Karolina Kurkova was a featured model in 2002 & 2003 before she became an Angel.

-Chandra North's only Angel work was the 1998 show.

-Inés Rivero (1999, 2000, 2001), Izabel Goulart (2008, 2009, 2010), Selita Ebanks (2009, 2010) and Karolina Kurkova (2010) did the show after losing Angel status.

-Jessica Stam (2006), Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (2006-2007), Chanel Iman (2010-?), Erin Heatherton (2010-?) and Candice Swanepoel (2010-?) have hosted PINK events.

-Openers: Karen Mulder (1998), Carmen Kass (1999), Gisele Bundchen (2000, 2002, 2005, 2006), Karolina Kurkova (2001), Adriana Lima (2003, 2007, 2008, 2010), Alessandra Ambrosio (2009)

-Closers: Naomi Campbell (1998), Carmen Kass (1999), Laetitia Casta (2000), Adriana Lima (2001, 2002), Heidi Klum (2003, 2007, 2008), Tyra Banks (2005), Ana Beatriz Barros (2006), Doutzen Kroes (2009), Chanel Iman (2010)

-Finale Leaders: Naomi Campbell & Claudia Schiffer (1997), Inés Rivero (1998), Tyra Banks (1999), Gisele Bundchen (2000, 2002, 2003, 2006), Bridget Hall (2001), Tyra Banks (2005), Inguna Butane (2007), Maryna Linchuk & Marisa Miller (2008), Doutzen Kroes & Heidi Klum (2009), Adriana Lima & Rosie Huntington Whiteley (2010)

-Finale Closers: Carmen Kass (1999), Laetitia Casta (2000), Gisele Bundchen (2001), Heidi Klum (2002, 2007), Ujjwala Raut/Ana Beatriz Barros (2003), Alessandra Ambrosio (2005), Oluchi Onweagba (2006), Oluchi Onweagba & Carmen Kass/Karolina Kurkova (2008), Liu Wen & Anna Jagodskina (2009), Julia Stegner & Gracie Carvahlo (2010)

-Fantasy Bra : Claudia Schiffer (1996), Daniela Pestova (1997), Tyra Banks (1998, 2004), Heidi Klum (1999, 2001, 2003), Gisele Bundchen (2000, 2005), Karolina Kurkova (2002, 2006), Selita Ebanks (2007), Adriana Lima (2008, 2010), Marisa Miller (2009)

-Featured in commercials/featurettes while not Angels/future Angels: Eva Herzigova, Rhea Durham, Shakara Ledard, Daniela Urzi, Isabeli Fontana, Ana Hickmann, Oluchi Onweagba, Ana Beatriz Barros, Deanna Miller, Angela Lindvall, Linda Vojtova, Jessica Van Der Steen, Susan Eldridge, This Girl, Jessica Stam, Flavia de Oliveira, Emanuela De Paula, Kylie Bisutti, Jamie Lee Darley & other model search contestants, Jarah Mariano, Brooklyn Decker, Aminat Niaria, Gracie Carvahlo, Arlenis Sosa, Héloïse Guerin, Katsia Zingarevich, Shannan Click, Maryna Linchuk, Lais Ribeiro