Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

i'm not liking that idea of having celebrities launching for them, they have their models and angels to launch for their stuff.

what is the point to have models or angels and not use them for launching their stuff.

I don't see what the big deal is. They've only launched a product once (that I know of) without an Angel and this was because Marisa couldn't launch it, but then they turned around and made up for it with Alessandra and having it be a part of the fragrance launch she was doing. While I agree that some of these people are a bunch of no-names, some people actually like them and I guess it's been helping VS sell their products because they keep doing it.

Actresses can be beneficial to the models as well, considering if a Actress launches with a model, her image is taken alongside the model and the picture with the caption is spread all over. Along with fans of the actress in the photo possibly wanting to know or becoming a fan of Victoria's Secret or the model doing the launch.

Sure the people arent huge name celebrities but think about it. If they have like a really big actress, musician etc it basically could overshadown their angels as well as the product. People would only be interested for the celebrity...

Rosie has an Angel profile on Facebook. Why do they do that. With her and Candice especially being all over the website and facebook page. Would they just sign them as angels already lol

^ Hahahaha maybe they don't know what the hell they're gonna do w/Rosie & Candice hahaha they should just throw them out :laugh: .... ok, just kidding :)

& about celebrities doing launches w/the girls ... I don't really care about it, as long as there are photos & things to see I'm happy. For example when Alessandra was doing the one w/Lindsay ( :yuckky: ) haha it wasn't a big thing, she just shooted for a few minutes w/Ale & then she went away (& I got like 20 photos together w/Lindsay & like a million ones of Alessandra alone doing her thing :heart: ) ... Ppl wasn't there to see Lindsay, come on, who in the world wants to see her? ... (NOT ME :) ) anyway, they can do whatever they want w/their launches, take whoever they want, they're still just a bunch of crazy ppl doing crazy things haha ...

If Candice (and Rosie) haven't already been signed (which I think they are) then they will probably be signed soon. By March, the latest. I say this because someone in Candice's thread (who talks to her I guess) said that she said she wasn't an Angel yet (and I think this was like a month or two ago) so I think after they didn't renew Marisa's contract they probably signed her (or will soon). And I think Miranda's contract was renewed because she was just in St. Barths. And Doutzen's shooting for VSX there also. I think we're looking at Heidi next for renewal or not (which is up to her by now, of course). It would actually make sense to sign Candice and Rosie.

I think I've figured out what bothers me most about Candice lately. After looking at page after page of her pictures from both VS and elsewhere, I gotta say that as an overall Candy tries reallly hard to be sexy. Adriana is also another prime example of a woman trying overly hard to be sexy.... imo fact. Natural and playful work better for these woman.

Candice is a beautiful woman no doubt about that, but when it comes to raw sex appeal, she's not very ooze worthy.

Now I know most of you are going to cry scream le Shock...Nooooo Adriana/Candy = hawtness, walking sex with legs, the most hawtness of the hawtnessdom to have ever existed ect ect ect, but when I look them, I just don't see it, nor do I see it with Alessandra, Behati, big 10 year old Miranda or even Doutzen. All of them are stunning not really, just some, but sexy... nope. :ninja:

Am I the only one who thinks this? I can't be can I?

Marisa and Rosie are almost to good to do VS. Agent Provocateur or La Perla would be a better fit for them I think.

Leave the cutesy lingerie to Miranda, Emily, Behati [who rocks the hell of out PINK btw], Erin, Lindsay and the rest of them.

:wave: I almost completely agree with your entire post, Pretty! :laugh: :laugh: There are only a few words I disagree with but there's no need to go into them.

I actually like most all of the V.S. girls, but day-um! just be yourself and if you are sexy, we will see it. If you are cute and playful, we will see it. There is something to be said for both images.

Just be natural and don't force anything too hard, no "in your face" stuff. :whistle: IMHO

i'm not liking that idea of having celebrities launching for them, they have their models and angels to launch for their stuff.

what is the point to have models or angels and not use them for launching their stuff.

I'm with you! The celebs must be pinched for money or something. <_< Probably are using the celebs to bring more attention but still, it's takin work from the models who make their living that way. The only one who even remotely makes sense to me in Christian Siriano. He's just........well, Christian, so nothing strange about it. He is in fashion after all.

I like most of Candice's pictures, but my problem w/her now is that she's EVERYWHERE is like: VS, don't you have other model besides her? ... I don't like that =/ ... I got sick of Ale for a few months in 2007 'cuz she was doin' way too much, & now they're doin' the same w/Candice, sure the girl is hot but i hate when they just throw a girl all over the website & now it's on facebook & videos & commercials & etc ... & she's not even an Angel? Imagine if she gets the contract, then VS should fire all the girls & just have Candice&Alessandra, 'cuz is not like Miranda&Doutzen are doin' thaaat much anyways

I like most of Candice's pictures, but my problem w/her now is that she's EVERYWHERE is like: VS, don't you have other model besides her? ... I don't like that =/ ... I got sick of Ale for a few months in 2007 'cuz she was doin' way too much, & now they're doin' the same w/Candice, sure the girl is hot but i hate when they just throw a girl all over the website & now it's on facebook & videos & commercials & etc ... & she's not even an Angel? Imagine if she gets the contract, then VS should fire all the girls & just have Candice&Alessandra, 'cuz is not like Miranda&Doutzen are doin' thaaat much anyways

mte! I used to like Alessandra, but then I got sick of seeing her around EVERYWHERE! Candice is okay... so far...

VS is doin; some kind of event in Canada & they're sendin' five models ... But i can't believe the five models, i love most of those girls but why them? :blink:

On February 2, 2010, Virgin Mobile Canada will be unveiling a Secret. To officially announce the turning on of the new HSPA+ network and a host of sexy new phones and services, media are invited to attend a briefing and mini fashion show. Starring five super-hot Victoria's Secret models, all will be revealed on what's next from Canada's number one youth mobile brand.

Join Virgin Mobile Canada and Victoria's Secret models at the Berkeley Church to get the scoop on the latest styles in both fashion and mobile phones.

Models that will be there:

Emanuela de Paula, fashion model

Brooklyn Decker, fashion model

Amy Hixson, fashion model

Cintia Dicker, fashion model

Erin Heatherton, fashion model

The whole thing is here ...

omg I missed that part! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So that's the best they can do for these young woman? VS could of used a nice hotel in BC, or one of the yachts in Vancouver with a city at night as a backdrop to hold the event, but oh no .... a church!? Seriously? Cause that's what people are going to be comfy doing, stepping into the House of the Lord to check out cell phones and models?

With all these celebs d-listers + model events, the random modeling contracts being thrown out left and right, the rumors of woman being dropped, I'm willing to bet that VS is struggling to find a new "niche for itself". Based on annual sales in the stockholders report, VS isn't very doing well, and if you add in the recession... well what does that leave you with? A company trying to find new ploys to garner more business.

If they don't find a new Gisele or a new working "Angel" lineup that actually sells soon and I'm thinking they might start to look at a revamp.