Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 7.6.2016 at 8:28 PM, bucky said:

How would it benefit a new girl to have a veteran always with them to an event? While they may draw a larger crowd to have a vet with a new girl, the vet will mostly likely overshadow the new girl. 

I don't understand why you'd think it's not beneficial because it's 100% beneficial. Establishing a new face is always easier with a known face. In the beginning most people might go to an event to see the known face but get introduced to the new face at the same time. That's how you put the limelight on a new face - let them share it with a veteran, so they can get used to it and handle it by themselves later on. How do you think did Adriana or Heidi get so big? Because they got their fair share of attention which was drawn from veterans and used it properly to expand their own brand.  

On 6/9/2016 at 7:12 AM, VSfan88 said:

I don't understand why you'd think it's not beneficial because it's 100% beneficial. Establishing a new face is always easier with a known face. In the beginning most people might go to an event to see the known face but get introduced to the new face at the same time. That's how you put the limelight on a new face - let them share it with a veteran, so they can get used to it and handle it by themselves later on. How do you think did Adriana or Heidi get so big? Because they got their fair share of attention which was drawn from veterans and used it properly to expand their own brand.  

It was easier back in the day with Adriana and Heidi because their was only like 6 Angels and they had it be paired with the veterans. Now you have  14 Angels with 5 of them being vets and rest of them being models than are still trying to grow within the company. Plus Heidi was building on her brand by being in Sports Illustrated and on tv shows. At the time models were still getting the majority of the magazine covers and cosmetic campaigns and they didn't have to compete with the likes of  celebrities, reality show/social media models/personalities like the Hadid and Jenner sisters and nepotism models like these models have to. If some people didn't think you looked like a VS Angel (Karlie Kloss), it didn't matter if you paired her in events with Adriana or Candice because it only stood on contrast on the difference on what an Angel was supposed to looked like.

I'm curious as to why they didn't fire Ed or make changes with those that chose who gets to be an Angel in the first place.

Nobody's saying this is foolproof. Obviously some models will flop. Most of them will have to use other outlets to get famous but VS definitely should use the veterean's fame to build up the new girls. In this day and age, they can't do it on their own.

You're right about them not being able to do it on their own.

Here's a recent event that  Alessandra, Jasmine, Martha, and Taylor went to and the writer of the article thought Taylor was Sara.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3636564/Alessandra-Ambrosio-Martha-Hunt-lead-way-Victoria-s-Secret-models-head-Nice-Guy-Moschino-fashion-Los-Angeles.htm

Gal Pals: Angels Jasmine Tookes and Sara Sampaio also made the trip to the celebrity hot spot 

th_35262C6C00000578-3636564-image-a-259_1465649948860.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Hmm… The new name sounds a bit odd but then again there is Body by Victoria so perhaps they want the names of the different lines to be more in unison.

Body by Victoria is a bra line/fragrance. Their body care/beauty is called Victoria's Secret Body Care, the same format that sport used to be. :idk: Victoria Sport doesn't flow well to me, sounds awkward on the tongue. 

Seems like a half-hearted attempt at rebranding, "victoria Sport" does sound awful :laugh:

In all honesty, if VS are serious about rebrading their activewear line , they ought to omit "Victoria's Secret" from it, and instead use a word/phrase that sounds more robust

I agree that it sounds strange. If they are going to differentiate it like they did with Pink you'd think they would come up with something better. 

Eta: It it begs the question, are they going to do the same with beauty?

Edited by LuckyXR

I think it sounds good. I feel that all of you guys always complain for anything VS does. Nothing is good enough for you guys, the naming for there perfume, bra, sport etc. the models, the fashion show, the FB, music they choose for their lip sync videos or Fashion Show, the cover of  a catalog, the photoshoot, etc.  You guys are never happy with anything related to VS.