Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I don't think Joan would ever get VS contract, she was walking for VS for a while they never tried to use her for lingerie or anything until this Swim, if they wanted her they would shove her down our throats first later make an Angel, beside she is gorgeous but she literally looks older than all of the current Angels, what do they get by hiring a girl that's already starting to age, Joan is already perfect star, well known, without VS, they always liked to use less famous girls,without a big name then make them stars.

While yes people didn't warm up to Karlie a lot I don't think VS will dump her like they did Chanel. Her profile is much higher than Chanel's. And Karlie at least seems like a decent person, she's not fake. Nothing worked in Chanel's favour during her time at VS. Not even any of the girls seemed to care for her. Karlie is different. Time will tell but I don't think she is gone. It is strange she isn't in the special but there has to be a reason. Lais wasn't used also and she has been in every VS related thing each year.

guys i have this not realy good feeling that karlie is geting the chanel treatment  some signs are here : a lot of people said she was the worst looking angel plus her antics with taylor swift and too much of swift in itself was bad ; and she hasn't worked for VS since the show  :neo2:

If you put it all together the Swim special shooting was like three weeks long, are we supposed to believe Karlie didn't have at least two days off for it? ... Erg, never mind she has a contract, if VS requests her to go there she has no choice but to drag her ass there and pretend to be happy, modeling it's a job and VS people are her bosses and if this thing is as big as they are making it seem it doesn't seem to me like she had a choice, she wasn't shooting L'Oreal during the first leg took part after the show and considering Karlie's contract are just VS & L'Oreal I highly doubt she had a bigger commitment than VS so she missed the entire show. VS doesn't care about the profile of a girl or if she is BFF with the other girls, they care about selling those bras and if Karlie wasn't selling they will cut her :idk:

As for Lais, that ship has sailed and IMO she's clearly being replaced by Jasmine. Which is okay, Lais had a good run but she doesn't cut it for Angel so it's time to try another possible Angel and they are doing it with Jasmine. I hope Lais stays in catalogs and walking the show tho, she is lovely.

guys i have this not realy good feeling that karlie is geting the chanel treatment  some signs are here : a lot of people said she was the worst looking angel plus her antics with taylor swift and too much of swift in itself was bad ; and she hasn't worked for VS since the show  :neo2:

No way. Karlie is their cash cow, even though she's not their hardest working model.

Plus there seems to be a genuine love between her and VS.

You think VS were pissed off because the whole Kaylor runway thing? They loved every second of it.

Saying Karlie hasn't work since the show is hardly saying anything. She barely worked for them before the show too. She showed up for the big events like commercials and the show. However, I agree that something has to be up for her to not be included in the swim special. They used Ale, and she has a line that's in direct competition with them. Wouldn't be surprised to see her transition out.

Saying Karlie hasn't work since the show is hardly saying anything. She barely worked for them before the show too. She showed up for the big events like commercials and the show. However, I agree that something has to be up for her to not be included in the swim special. They used Ale, and she has a line that's in direct competition with them. Wouldn't be surprised to see her transition out.

This! the only thing that tells me something is happening with her contract is the Swim special, if it's THAT big as VS says, why to left ONE of your angels out of it? Karlie barely works for them during the year, but she shows up in important things, and the Swim special has to be big if Adriana and Ale are in it.

I enjoy Karlie's HF work but she's never really fit with VS for me. If they are in fact transitioning her out, none of the girls they're working with on a more regular basis really stand out to me as far as being an Angel goes - excluding Joan. I'd love for her to be signed but I don't think it's going to happen.

Didn't they start phasing out Lindsay in 2014/the last year of her contract too? Granted Karlie has a lot more star power than Lindsay does.

Lindsay was signed from early 2011 to early 2014, they extended it with an invitation to the VSFS like they did for Karolina or Erin. Karlie is supposed to last until spring 2016, so stopping in late 2014 is quite odd.

Only Rosie was phased out earlier into her contract and that's because she had her movie. Marisa, Izabel and Chanel all lasted like two years and a half.

I wouldn't be surprised if Karlie has the same path as Chanel. Both were very big HF names before entering VS, both got little special segments from VS, both can be classed as overrated and neither were popular amongst customers  :idk:

In all honesty being classed an Angel has basically lost it's meaning. They're supposed to be the girls that are used the most yet now they're joining the ranks amongst the least used, and all these newbies are everywhere. They're not big stars like they used to be, and are certainly not as memorable as they once were. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Karlie has the same path as Chanel. Both were very big HF names before entering VS, both got little special segments from VS, both can be classed as overrated and neither were popular amongst customers  :idk:

In all honesty being classed an Angel has basically lost it's meaning. They're supposed to be the girls that are used the most yet now they're joining the ranks amongst the least used, and all these newbies are everywhere. They're not big stars like they used to be, and are certainly not as memorable as they once were. 

Agreed. They should cast as angels the young girls they actually use the most such as Jac or Jojo or Stella or Sara or Jasmine. Those are some of the girls they use the most that are young and could be with VS for 5 to 8 years. I don't like all but those girls are used a lot whether it is for swim or normal lingerie. People sometimes complain about Candice being use too much but all angels should be used "a lot" because they are the brand embassadors.