Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Joan is eons hotter than Tyra, in my opinion. I'm really happy VS is using her for this swim project, but I don't think there's an Angel contract in her future.  I honestly can't see her wanting one. I'm sure VS only used her for this project because she's from Puerto Rico, but I'm hoping that the positive feedback she's been receiving so far will encourage VS to use her more outside of the show. 

Just came in to say: Please no Joan for Angel.  Like someone said in the vsfs thread, she brings nothing.  And such a slap in the face to Lais.

I'll add, look at Ophelie's hourglass in the Bellemere pics.  She needs to show that off more (or is that just photoshop :ninja:).

And it's interesting how Gigi didn't make the vsfs but then right after she does a Pink shoot.  It's like VS made her pay her dues or Gigi feels she needs to do it to get in the show this year.

I've always said if there is any model who could fill Tyra's shoes as an Angel it would definitely be Joan or possibly Jourdan. I think she's proving that with this swim special.

Why are you looking at Joan or Jourdan to fill Tyra's shoes? Why can't they fill Doutzen's shoes?

VS tagged a picture of Jasmime as Lais on Instagram. That's the second time in a week that they've mixed them up. They probably can't make a WOC an Angel, because they're afraid of mixing up her name. "Our newest Angel La- I mean Joan. Oh, wait. Jourdan. Sorry. Both J names, I was close!"

^^^ My comment on Joan is self-evident.  VS isn't handing out Angel contracts to black girls left and right here.

I didnt know she had a kid in school :o

attachicon.gif10914195_1551789048400988_225810803_n.jpg

❄️⛄️❄️ #nyc #familytime #fun #alexandre #son

Yeah, everybody knows Lais is a mother.  IMO it makes her very LIKEABLE! :|

I'm not comparing her to Tyra, for the record. I am saying though she definitely has potential for becoming an angel. VS Angels or models for that matter obviously don't have to have the best runway walk - Jessica S. almost falling on her face, Lily A. well all I can say is she's improving from previous years, Martha she just makes me cringe that's all, Chanel dancing/drunk walk.

I agree Lais should be an angel, she's stunning and VS loves the Brazilians. I just feel like VS is holding off on her for one reason or another.

^^^ My comment on Joan is self-evident.  VS isn't handing out Angel contracts to black girls left and right here.

Everyone can see that... the question is why?!

So, if VS contracts a new white angel, it is not a slap in Lais's face but if it's Joan, then its a slap.

Of course it wouldn't because they are white. :cain:

^^^ It depends on the girl.  It's more of a slap because I think that VS is not likely to have multiple black girls on their Angel roster.  Partly because right now they have none.  So if Joan comes out of nowhere and gets the contract I think it is less likely that Lais would end up getting a contract.  Therefore Lais is getting the back of the hand.  And VS is already slap happy with the poor girl, lol.

Not necessary. Ale doesn't do swim (except for this project as I'm assuming its an angel requirement) because of her own swim line. Candice nor Adriana have been are all over VS Beauty because of other contracts because of other contracts, at least I assume Adriana signed with Maybelline again (or was her shoot last year just a one time thing?) and Candice has some kind of contract with Max Factor I think. So it is possible she has an angel contrat but not a beauty contract.