Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^Don't forget the countless links to support Barbara's perfection :D

Anyways I hope Shanina and Magda shot a lot of lingerie pictures for the holiday catalog. They always bring the mature like sexiness. VS really needs to invest in Shanina more cuz girl is perfect for the brand and she spices it up a bit in my opinion.

Lol...get ready for the essay length posts on barbara's perfection for vs.

even i admit i loved her photos...much better and not so loli like the valentine campaign. 

Was this a bad time? I thought Barbara looked best last years Holiday campaign, that's what made her stand out, and then Valentine's Day came and that was, well a mess, for all the models. But no she looks like a little girl raiding her mom's closet and playing dress up.

And Magda defies the law of ageing, she doesn't even look 28, seriously if they possibly made her an Angel, she could last a long time there! I kind of want to see Natasha and Ana BB back, there time is long gone but hey, they can still work it.

^Except we saw a pic of her at the airport and she tweeted a picture from the sky on the night of July 29th. She is crazy (flying to NY every other day for work), yes, but she wasn't in NY July 31st. Maybe she didn't go home to Miami when she left the 29th and that's what the 'Finally' was about. Claudia is going to kill me for killing her vibe, so I'll shut up now. :rofl:

^Except we saw a pic of her at the airport and she tweeted a picture from the sky on the night of July 29th. She is crazy (flying to NY every other day for work), yes, but she wasn't in NY July 31st. Maybe she didn't go home to Miami when she left the 29th and that's what the 'Finally' was about. Claudia is going to kill me for killing her vibe, so I'll shut up now. :rofl:

Oh yes,you are right,I forgot. Oh God Why! Don't be a dream breaker :( 

My hopes are in ocean again.

I think I'd like Candice to get the Fantasy Bra and this is why. Even though people think they're shoving her down our throats (which I agree), that still means she's been working the hardest all year. They've given Behati a real push the last few months because of the whole dating/engaged to Adam Levine thing but that is certainly not enough to warrant the FB. If that were the case, they should've already given the bra to Lily.

Of course in a perfect world, I would like Doutzen to get it but she just hasn't been working for them that much this year so unless that whole thing about not working all year = getting the bra is true, I doubt it'll happen ): 

I think I'd like Candice to get the Fantasy Bra and this is why. Even though people think they're shoving her down our throats (which I agree), that still means she's been working the hardest all year. 

Agreed! People say she doesn't work harder than any other angel...but the fact that she is in EVERY campaign, Beauty, Body, this, that, speaks volumes. I know when you think VS you think Adriana automatically or some of the more high profile angels, but by who get shot the most, is in the catologues/campaigns the most, its definetly candice.

I just think Candice is beyond gorgeous, and always delivers in everything she does. IDK I know I'm also one of the few but if it ain't douzten, Candice allll the way for the FB :dance:

The bitching has reached Canada...

Teen girls stage protest against Victoria’s Secret

A handful of teenage girls are organizing a protest outside a Victoria's Secret in Halifax hoping to spark a debate about how the store portrays women’s bodies to young shoppers. Jacqueline Jordan, 18, said she feels the lingerie store’s ads and clothing put pressure on young girls.

"With the Pink line specifically, I've noticed when you go into the store you don't see as many college-aged girls, which is around the age that Victoria's Secret says their product are for. You see girls 15 and younger in there,” she said.

“For a while I struggled with my body image and I was envious of what the girls in the posters looked like, and I wanted to look like that. It's not a healthy standard."

Jordan said friends have joined in on her protest. "I think that's very inappropriate if my 12-year-old cousin started wearing underwear that says ‘I dare you,” said 17-year-old Meredith Ivany.

A Victoria's Secret spokesperson told CBC News their youngest target demographic is women over 18. The store said it has never intended to market to a pre-teen crowd. Jordan said from what she's observed, the pressure begins as early as junior high. "Twelve to 13 years of age, and that's very dangerous. Because when you're 12 to 13, you're trying very hard to fit in,” she said.

The protest will take place on Sunday outside the Halifax Shopping Centre.

cbc.ca

It's been awhile since I have been here, but that doesn't matter. On to the subject at hand.

Okay you can attack VS all you want, but is that really the root of the problem?  Does VS force pre-teen girls to shop there? Do they have their employees come out and force the pre-teen girls to shop at gun point? The answer to all three of these questions is no. Pre-teen girls shop there because they want to. And their parents let them because we all know pre-teen girls don't have that kind of money. The real problem here, isn't only self image, but peer pressure and trying to fit in. Pre-teen girls tend to be mean and cruel to their peers. Then again VS is not exactly helping, but they aren't the root of the problem.

Now about the self image thing. Yes, the models are thin. But they workout and maintain healthy lifestyles, which is not a bad thing. And VS photoshops their models into next year, which is a bad thing. Saying a girl is too thin might also cause that girl to have self image issues. I have been thin my whole life and I would love to have curves. It's a two way street here, you just have to embrace the body you have and try and stay healthy. If you attack VS instead of taking to you younger family members about it, then shame on you. VS and the models shouldn't have to get attacked because you can't talk to pre-teen girls about their bodies.

My rant is done now on to the next thing.

Doutzen is really out of the running for the FB? That makes me sad.

Ten bucks says Candy Cane gets it.

I think I'd like Candice to get the Fantasy Bra and this is why. Even though people think they're shoving her down our throats (which I agree), that still means she's been working the hardest all year. 

Agreed! People say she doesn't work harder than any other angel...but the fact that she is in EVERY campaign, Beauty, Body, this, that, speaks volumes. I know when you think VS you think Adriana automatically or some of the more high profile angels, but by who get shot the most, is in the catologues/campaigns the most, its definetly candice.

I just think Candice is beyond gorgeous, and always delivers in everything she does. IDK I know I'm also one of the few but if it ain't douzten, Candice allll the way for the FB :dance:

Candice has been favored by VS in many occasions, at the top of my head I remember once VS did a photoshoot for VSX at the beach with Dri & Ale and that never came out, instead they launched a campaign with Candice for VSX.

So saying Candice works harder it's bullshit, it's VS pushing her harder than the rest. Just wait for the Holiday catalog, Candice did not shoot as many times as Behati or Adriana but you can bet she'll have as many or more pictures than they do.

Now about the self image thing. Yes, the models are thin. But they workout and maintain healthy lifestyles, which is not a bad thing. And VS photoshops their models into next year, which is a bad thing. Saying a girl is too thin might also cause that girl to have self image issues. I have been thin my whole life and I would love to have curves. It's a two way street here, you just have to embrace the body you have and try and stay healthy. If you attack VS instead of taking to you younger family members about it, then shame on you. VS and the models shouldn't have to get attacked because you can't talk to pre-teen girls about their bodies.