Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

5 hours ago, Siemgi said:

Lily is a better speaker than Lais.

Lais has done like no press at all, is not like we have much to compare, and as mentioned, she's a fucking angel, she should be doing PR too. And Lily comes across like a airhead a lot of times tbh, I wouldn't say she's much better than Elsa or Jasmine, let alone being the best spokesperson they have or have had in years :idk: 

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Lais has done like no press at all, is not like we have much to compare, and as mentioned, she's a fucking angel, she should be doing PR too. And Lily comes across like a airhead a lot of times tbh, I wouldn't say she's much better than Elsa or Jasmine, let alone being the best spokesperson they have or have had in years :idk: 

Actually, she did an interview with Martha when the whole 'New Angels' thing was launched and she was pretty good!

16 hours ago, MarVS said:

Lily is probably the best spokeperson that have VS in all his years.  yet one of the less attractive of them tbh .

I think she's one of the best too. I don't think she's aging well either. 

19 hours ago, Clauds said:

Well, models are supposed to come across as airheads, they sell bras, they're not rocket scientists. And I never compared Lais to Elsa or Jasmine, I just said Lily is better than Lais, which she is.

1 hour ago, BIRDS said:

AGREED, BUT remember that lais working with them since 2010

That doesn't matter anymore. People need to stop using that excuse. "But she's been with the company... x years". It's all about selling and favoritism nowadays 

if Lais wasn't a good seller she definitely wouldn't be where she is. VS just don't give a fuck about her and they seem to be always trying to fire her but SOMEHOW they just can't. And I bet that it's because she's one of the best sellers they have. VS has had a ton of black models since 2010 (Arlenis, Chanel, Gracie, Jasmine) but only Lais remained. She definitely is one of VS best sellers

10 minutes ago, Marciotmello said:

if Lais wasn't a good seller she definitely wouldn't be where she is. VS just don't give a fuck about her and they seem to be always trying to fire her but SOMEHOW they just can't. And I bet that it's because she's one of the best sellers they have. VS has had a ton of black models since 2010 (Arlenis, Chanel, Gracie, Jasmine) but only Lais remained. She definitely is one of VS best sellers

You mean Jasmine, the Angel that has been the majority of campaigns, and was getting press events before she was signed as an Angel? That Jasmine? :rofl: 

I adore Lais, but there has to be a reason that she didn't get a contract for such a long time, and hasn't gotten any major work with VS since being signed, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was because she wasn't the best seller. 

8 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

You mean Jasmine, the Angel that has been the majority of campaigns, and was getting press events before she was signed as an Angel? That Jasmine? :rofl: 

I adore Lais, but there has to be a reason that she didn't get a contract for such a long time, and hasn't gotten any major work with VS since being signed, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was because she wasn't the best seller. 

they've been trying to make Jasmine happen since the newest angels announcement. Having Lais as angel until now is just a proof that she's the best seller they have. Cause if she wasn't, she would be fired by now since they don't need her AT ALL. It happens that IN FACT need her, cause she sells better than Jasmine whose just a good spokesperson.

2 minutes ago, Marciotmello said:

they've been trying to make Jasmine happen since the newest angels announcement. Having Lais as angel until now is just a proof that she's the best seller they have. Cause if she wasn't, she would be fired by now since they don't need her AT ALL. It happens that IN FACT need her, cause she sells better than Jasmine whose just a good spokesperson.

I cannot follow your logic at all. :rofl: Let's underuse the best seller we have because this girl we continue to use over and over in campaigns doesn't sell, but we're still going to invest time and money into promoting her. 

I know Lais is your favourite but com'mon. 

12 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I cannot follow your logic at all. :rofl: Let's underuse the best seller we have because this girl we continue to use over and over in campaigns doesn't sell, but we're still going to invest time and money into promoting her. 

I know Lais is your favourite but com'mon. 

my logic is

they're trying to make Jasmine sell more than Lais. They're giving her the campaigns and the big shoots because she's American and is a better spokesperson. They really want to make Jasmine a big thing but they just can't. Even if they give her the big campaigns with the most famous photographers, Lais simple and cataloguish pictures always get more likes on IG (that's just an example). Just look at the Holiday commercial: Lais was there even when Chanel was angel, and last year she was one of the most featured angels and Jasmine got 2 cuts.

Lais: Amazing body, represents the 'real' (voluptuous and curvy) black girl but isn't explored as a spokesperson.

Jasmine: Beautiful, but has a black Barbie look and that's all. She's one of the bests spokesperson they have now and that's why they're pushing here so much giving her big campaign and everything. They need a black spokesperson and Jasmine was chosen but Lais just sells more and they're trying to make Jasmine sell more so they can fire Lais. That's it

4 minutes ago, Marciotmello said:

my logic is

they're trying to make Jasmine sell more than Lais. They're giving her the campaigns and the big shoots because she's American and is a better spokesperson. They really want to make Jasmine a big thing but they just can't. Even if they give her the big campaigns with the most famous photographers, Lais simple and cataloguish pictures always get more likes on IG (that's just an example). Just look at the Holiday commercial: Lais was there even when Chanel was angel, and last year she was one of the most featured angels and Jasmine got 2 cuts.

Lais: Amazing body, represents the 'real' (voluptuous and curvy) black girl but isn't explored as a spokesperson.

Jasmine: Beautiful, but has a black Barbie look and that's all. She's one of the bests spokesperson they have now and that's why they're pushing here so much giving her big campaign and everything. They need a black spokesperson and Jasmine was chosen but Lais just sells more and they're trying to make Jasmine sell more so they can fire Lais. That's it

I didn't get you before but now I do, and I think you are right. I think VS had no choice but to contract her because she probably does sell really well, it's a shame they haven't tried as much with her, she has so much potential and I'm sure that if given the chance she would be a killer spokesperson.

Like Jasmine and all, I really do, but VS has been pushing her really hard for years and it doesn't seem to be working that well, her career nor popularity haven't been boosted too much since she became an Angel (actually, seems like only Taylor, Stella, Jo and Elsa are the only ones who have capitalized on it but that's another story), I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the cut before Lais :/