Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

They lost a LOT of  buyers in 25-35 age rank, they cater to teens now, so it makes sense. On tfs article it says that they are going to expand their VSX line the most.

VS is going to be all about workout clothes, practical underwear and beauty products from now on, because teens are not too keen on flashy sexy lingerie or sexy swimsuits. 

I remember how different it was to go in the store just 2 or 3 years ago, now it looks like Pink heaven, I don't even go there because I feel old when I see all that "infantile" stuff going on.

They don't entirely cater to teens though. I just typed in Victoria's Secret Pink and the first text that appeared underneath the official website link in the search results is:

"PINK is a college girl's must-shop destination for the cutest bras, panties, swim and loungewear!"

I guess though they're including teens now, I don't know if they've officially said Pink is now for teens and college age people,. But it's still Pink is for college age people (and teens) and the main line stuff or whatever is for older women. On top of that, they still keep Dri, Ale, Bee, Candy, and other "older" models around.  

VS just expanded their horizons, but they haven't forgotten about the older crowd, honestly older women still shop at the main store, at least in the just about every mall I've been too. As for the VSX bit, that's not 100% true. I know many older women who love to work out and stay in shape too.

22 minutes ago, Annabeth said:

They don't entirely cater to teens though. I just typed in Victoria's Secret Pink and the first text that appeared underneath the official website link in the search results is:

"PINK is a college girl's must-shop destination for the cutest bras, panties, swim and loungewear!"

I guess though they're including teens now, I don't know if they've officially said Pink is now for teens and college age people,. But it's still Pink is for college age people (and teens) and the main line stuff or whatever is for older women. On top of that, they still keep Dri, Ale, Bee, Candy, and other "older" models around.  

VS just expanded their horizons, but they haven't forgotten about the older crowd, honestly older women still shop at the main store, at least in the just about every mall I've been too. As for the VSX bit, that's not 100% true. I know many older women who love to work out and stay in shape too.

When I went few times last year almost entire store was really young girls, not even young adults, but teens who are about 17-18 years old, maybe I just went at bad time, but many polls/studies of their fan base/ customers do show that they lost a lot of 25-35 buyers.

I am not saying that older women don't love cute workout clothes, but I am far from old, I am 26 and I felt like I don't belong there anymore, I felt like kids are judging me because I am in that store. :D

6 hours ago, LuckyXR said:

Don't they have quite a few stand alone beauty stores though? Especially in overseas markets. That would be a big cut I'd imagine.

Yep! In Australia, all the stores I know of only sell their crappy beauty products and some stores sell panties as well. But no lingerie, swim, sports wear or clothing. 

EDIT:

I'd read that VSX was their lowest seller. It was losing money year after year. But their decision to discontinue their swim line came

completely out of the blue to me :/

Same, although I was surprised to hear that they would cancel both of these sectors considering I always hear people rave about VS sports bras and their swimwear :unsure:

so, no swim --> less exotic trips --> no swim special --> only studio photoshoots --> less attractive for the models --> bye bye fancy locations --> angel contracts will pay even less...

The only good thing is that the angels can do campaigns for other swim brands! (I wish Sara could get back to Calzedonia!!!)

As a post script to this I can't wait for Candy, Elsa, Taylor and Rachel Hilbert to work with other swimsuit companies. Adriana already works for

Calzedonia. I hope the Angels and new Angels alike work for more companies that are edgier and creative in their designs.

I'm not sure if VS really discouraged their models in the past from working for other swimwear and active-wear companies but I hope this new situation gives their models a chance to work for more varied companies in those two categories. 

Hope it works out best for everyone :grouphug:

NEW ROUND

Best VS Lingerie Model

Candice Swanepoel

iplpaUu.jpg

&

Josephine Skriver

th_JrKXCG.jpg

Points to consider:

How well do they wear the lingerie?

Does she sell a fantasy for you?

Would you consider buying whatever they're wearing despite the item not be your style?

CLICK LINK BELOW TO VOTE