Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

3 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Most politicians don't do what's best for the country anymore; they're worried about their political career, power, and pleasing their money benefactors.

Labeling people and people labeling themselves has gotten out of control too imo.

Weapons producers contribute a lot of money. Just saying :cain:

What did you mean by "Labeling people and people labeling themselves has gotten out of control too"? :smile:

If you think about it some of the mentally and hatred these terrorist have are similar to those who support Trump, except they are on opposite sides and one's action is more extreme than the other :cry:

1 hour ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

In this particular case, it's not so much a gun issue as it is a failure in counterintelligence. He was a known quantity to the FBI and they failed to take him seriously. And this is the horrific consequence of that failure.

I do agree that is a failure in counterintelligence but I do think our gun culture plays a major role. If it is not this dude it would another regardless if it is Islamic terrorist related. I think it is also worth noting this is also a Homophobic hate crime and I hope the media is balanced in labeling what happened although focusing on the terrorist aspect of it would get more attention and reactions.

There aren't two narratives. Islamic jihadists hate homos.

And they hate Jews too. They massacred right at Bataclan, because it was owned by pro-Israel Jews. So that was a "hate crime" too.

Islamic terrorist attacks against Europe and the US are motivated by the hate of the western culture. So all of them are "hate crimes".

Intelligence services are just the executors of the political leaders. Government has all the responsibility always.

^ Yes, I agree with you Islamic jihadists hate LGBTs and they have committed a lot of hate crimes (no quotation marks needed). In this instance it was a homophobic terrorist attack however the homophobic part is presented as secondary when both should be equally noted. Their hatred towards the Western world is only one layer of a bigger more complex issue as it is also one-sided. However it by no means excuse any type of violence. Regardless of the reasoning an heinous act was committed and it is disgusting. I also agree the government plays a huge part in all this but there are other lesser responsible parties as well.

I hope the media & etc doesn't try to encourage more hate by pitting the two marginalized groups involved against each other: The LBGTs and Muslims. It promotes further violence and prejudices :/

Love to everyone in North America, be they Canadians in Fort Mac or Americans in Orlando and everyone living in fear in between. 

Coming from a country with its share of massacred innocents and places we can't walk by without remembering the atrocities there, I hope for change and peace for the world :heart:

In less serious topics, also thinking about changing my hair up. If you can't change your life, change your hair, no?

It's incredibly early, such is the jet set life.

21 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

In less serious topics, also thinking about changing my hair up. If you can't change your life, change your hair, no?

It's incredibly early, such is the jet set life.

I say go for it. I just chopped off 9 inches and got bangs. Nice and fresh for summer. :p 

WN9Ar9K.gif

5 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Weapons producers contribute a lot of money. Just saying :cain:

What did you mean by "Labeling people and people labeling themselves has gotten out of control too"? :smile:

If you think about it some of the mentally and hatred these terrorist have are similar to those who support Trump, except they are on opposite sides and one's action is more extreme than the other :cry:

Greed. :thumbs_down:

I'm talking about the negative stigma that goes along with labeling people, then conversely the people that label themselves this & that and then expect everyone to cater to them.

I agree that the Donald's most fervent supporters are wack jobs.

Trump is the real "liberal visionary" (in the adj sense of the world).  He is so off the wall that it is difficult to image anything that he says in his sales pitch to come true. Mitt and Hilary are the 'conservatives' that require no imagination at all to understand.

15 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

Lgbts are much more marginalized in Islamic countries, than in Christian countries.

Yes, but again I was specifically talking about the USA---the country where the Orlando Attack occurred. Also LGBTS are "more" marginalized in Islamic countries is not the point. Marginalization is exactly what it is. Either you are or not. Same thing with violence. Not a lot of grey area. Harvey Milk, Tennessee Williams, Scott Amedure, Brandon Teena, Matthew Shepard, Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover...just a few examples. Most of these type of crimes don't even get reported in the media :sad:

^ Fair enough :thumbs_up:  All I request is if you are planning to shoot please let me know so I could either either duck & cover or just evacuate the premise. Unless you are gunning for me then oh well...c'est la vie :p 

-----------------------------------------

It is really chilly outside :/