Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

14 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

"People who cannot get vaccinated" are a tiny, tiny group.

Also, I don't tend to get my medical advice from the UFC guy and a podcaster. :rofl:

Quite a lot of meatheads, coaches and athletes- people not known to be big brained about vaccines and diseases- are refusing it based on conservative/libertarian ideological principles.  It's as if the virus was a liberal politician instead of being an indifferent entity!

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Just get vaccinated.  It's obscene that it was made political.

While it doesn't prevent everyone from getting it, at least it prevents serious illness for the majority.  It turns the symptoms to that of a common malady rather than anything that needs hospitalization.

People got too relaxed in the fall.  They thought that once they got two shots, that they never had to wear a KN-95 mask or better unless they needed to.

I have given up on even trying to convince the hold-outs. I got my booster and if there is a fourth shot before the Summer, I'll get that one too. But I'm done with trying to convince anyone else to get it, if they aren't convinced at this point, I don't see what will change their mind.

48 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I have given up on even trying to convince the hold-outs. I got my booster and if there is a fourth shot before the Summer, I'll get that one too. But I'm done with trying to convince anyone else to get it, if they aren't convinced at this point, I don't see what will change their mind.

I haven't gotten COVID- yet.    My dad (triple vaxx) is fully recovered after 4 days, my mom (double vaxx) is almost fully recovered after 11 days.

This was never something that required a huge amount of attention and hand-wringing.  Even God-King Trump got it, and likes it.    He got before all of us!   If he likes it, it must be incredible. :D

Stop having these tournaments in authoritarian states!

It's really a doozy this year, after the Olympics we can also "look forward" to the Qatar WC, where the estimate a few years ago was that 6500 migrant workers had died building the stadiums and various infrastructure for that tournament. It's probably a lot more than that by now.

10 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Color me shocked Cotton.

If genuflecting before China was an Olympic discipline, I can think of several people who would deserve a triple gold medal....... (the NBA overlords, Disney bosses and other biches like that come to mind :rolleyes:)

On 1/19/2022 at 8:13 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Stop having these tournaments in authoritarian states!

It's really a doozy this year, after the Olympics we can also "look forward" to the Qatar WC, where the estimate a few years ago was that 6500 migrant workers had died building the stadiums and various infrastructure for that tournament. It's probably a lot more than that by now.

16 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

If genuflecting before China was an Olympic discipline, I can think of several people who would deserve a triple gold medal....... (the NBA overlords, Disney bosses and other biches like that come to mind :rolleyes:)

Like I said before, all the players, polticians, and leagues talk a big game but always cave.

If you're not gonna be consistent accross the board, then STFU.

Fans can see through the BS.