Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

3 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

What Whoopi said has no basis in CRT.

It's part of much older, largely anti-semitic thinking.

CRT has its roots in anti-semitic and racist thinking. CRT is a race war and click-bait theory used by corporations (like Coca-Cola, Facepuke and others) to pump up their sales/audience. In that respect, CRT supports racism, feeds on it, to the point where it's indistinguishable from it. :/

Whoopi Goldberg in the US is one of the most well known daytime TV personalities and celebrities.  The View is a very influential show.  She is actually worth quite a lot to a network.

The ex-MMA fighter that played a small role in star wars is nothing compared to her.

18 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Whoopi Goldberg in the US is one of the most well known daytime TV personalities and celebrities.  The View is a very influential show.  She is actually worth quite a lot to a network.

The ex-MMA fighter that played a small role in star wars is nothing compared to her.

It's true. Gina is less known. So, all of this means that in the Left-dominated American media, you're treated differently depending on your status.

That doesn't sound very "progressive" to me.

(BTW, I like many Whoopi Goldberg movies - I don't think she should be cancelled, just like Gina should've never been cancelled)

The View looks like the dining room where your grandma had tea with her friends. You get this grandma love vibe from it, but you know that most of what they say wouldn't be eligible to any Nobel prize...

Then again, I understand that in 2022's North America, they're seen as an intellectual show. I guess that's what they call "progress". :Amelie_wft:

The full extent of Gina' cancellation is that her character wasn't asked to return to a popular SW show.

I also don't get her reasoning, TBF. Pedro Pascal is the biggest name associated with that show. I am going to assume she must have been aware of him having a trans sister when she made that bad joke of putting R2D2 sounds as her pronouns.

Not insulting people who are in a position to make or break your career seems like pretty straightforward to me.

If your boss is overweight, you wouldn't exactly make fat jokes around him, would you? Well you shouldn't make fat jokes anyway, but you get my meaning.

24 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

It's true. Gina is less known. So, all of this means that in the Left-dominated American media, you're treated differently depending on your status

Without getting into left or right, the plain issue is that she is worth a lot of $$$$ while Gina is disposible. If Gina was at the level of Joe Rogan it would be harder to "cancel" her.  Whoopi has been a TV personality since I as long as a I remember, even as a small kid.

The View is one of the shows that is on all the time, stay at home moms, retirees, and running in health care waiting rooms etc.  I find it a form of torture , every time it's on I pull out my phone and plug my ears.

56 minutes ago, Matt! said:

Mark Zuckerberg and team consider shutting down Facebook and Instagram in Europe if Meta can not process Europeans’ data on US servers

https://www.cityam.com/mark-zuckerberg-and-team-consider-shutting-down-facebook-and-instagram-in-europe-if-meta-can-not-process-europeans-data-on-us-servers/

Don't threaten us with a good time, Zuck.

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

Mark Zuckerberg and team consider shutting down Facebook and Instagram in Europe if Meta can not process Europeans’ data on US servers

https://www.cityam.com/mark-zuckerberg-and-team-consider-shutting-down-facebook-and-instagram-in-europe-if-meta-can-not-process-europeans-data-on-us-servers/

M'kay. We don't give a crap if he leaves.

Bye, bye, Markie boy. :wave:   It'd be great, if he could bring his friends Amazon, Google, and Twitter with him.

buh-bye.gif

Bill Maher is one of the few astute and reasonable persons in the North American media.

I can't believe the crazies haven't tried to cancel him yet with screams like "he's using his brains, OMG, it's verboten, let's cancel him, reeee!" :rolleyes:

Spotify has already yanked 110 podcasts off their platform in which Joe Rogan uses racial slurs.

And probably more are to follow, since they had originally pulled only 70. So I guess they are going through his entire back catalogue looking for offensive stuff?

Why exactly was this exercise not done when they originally signed the deal with him?

9 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Spotify has already yanked 110 podcasts off their platform in which Joe Rogan uses racial slurs.

And probably more are to follow, since they had originally pulled only 70. So I guess they are going through his entire back catalogue looking for offensive stuff?

Why exactly was this exercise not done when they originally signed the deal with him?

You realize that all this is a commercial operation from Amazon to nuke the Swedish company Spotify, don't you?

They don't even hide it (see here). This is called economic warfare. :ninja:

Nobody in the Murican media gives a shit if Bezos' employees pee in a bottle while he buys a yacht and demands the Dutch dismantle a bridge for him. Because Bezos owns several media company. He has his permanent "progressive medal" (being a hero of the woke cult is easy when you own the cult).

But Rogan slurred several years ago and they're gonna nuke Spotify for that. This has ZERO to do with morals. It's just Murican media using their moral cult to nuke an European competitor :/

[...] over $10 million Canadian dollars in donations was frozen with GoFundMe threatening to re-distribute that money to credible and established (read ‘woke’) charities

https://www.spectator.com.au/2022/02/gofundmes-spectacular-woke-collapse/

Gofundme is a disgusting company.Stealing from the Poor to Give to the Rich :yucky:

guardians-of-the-galaxy-fuck.gif

Go Fund your a** now.

13 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

You realize that all this is a commercial operation from Amazon to nuke the Swedish company Spotify, don't you?

They don't even hide it (see here). This is called economic warfare. :ninja:

Nobody in the Murican media gives a shit if Bezos' employees pee in a bottle while he buys a yacht and demands the Dutch dismantle a bridge for him. Because Bezos owns several media company. He has his permanent "progressive medal" (being a hero of the woke cult is easy when you own the cult).

But Rogan slurred several years ago and they're gonna nuke Spotify for that. This has ZERO to do with morals. It's just Murican media using their moral cult to nuke an European competitor :/

I don't know many companies who want to be associated with the use of the N-word...