Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

@Stromboli1 - I found this quiz that is supposedly super accurate and will tell you where you are from based on how you speak. Both my husband and I took it and the quiz nailed the areas we grew up in. It picked Santa Rosa California, and Sonoma (where I was born and raised) is just south of Santa Rosa.  The native "valley" Californians from my generation tend to have a Northern Valley girl underlying accent (pulled in Stockton), even if they don't claim to hear it, it's there... it's that almost typical surfer vibe to the voice ...If you've ever heard me speak, there are times that I have the accent (My aunt was the same way).

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/dialect-quiz-map.html 

I barely hear the accent because I don't hear myself, but sometimes it comes out strong and I'm like O.o 

image.png

How the actual fuck are people surprised that Rage is left-leaning? :rofl:

Have you ever listened to their lyrics? Take notice of their imagery? They shot a fucking music video with Michael Moore! :rofl:

"I cannot believe a band whose logo is based on Zapatistas is left-wing!" = Apparently a real thing people are saying in 2022!

On 1/25/2022 at 2:51 PM, Prettyphile said:

@Stromboli1 - I found this quiz that is supposedly super accurate and will tell you where you are from based on how you speak. Both my husband and I took it and the quiz nailed the areas we grew up in. It picked Santa Rosa California, and Sonoma (where I was born and raised) is just south of Santa Rosa.  The native "valley" Californians from my generation tend to have a Northern Valley girl underlying accent (pulled in Stockton), even if they don't claim to hear it, it's there... it's that almost typical surfer vibe to the voice ...If you've ever heard me speak, there are times that I have the accent (My aunt was the same way).

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/dialect-quiz-map.html 

I barely hear the accent because I don't hear myself, but sometimes it comes out strong and I'm like O.o 

image.png

Interesting, I'll do this this weekend.

16 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Have you ever listened to their lyrics? Take notice of their imagery? They shot a fucking music video with Michael Moore! :rofl:

"I cannot believe a band whose logo is based on Zapatistas is left-wing!" = Apparently a real thing people are saying in 2022!

I always knew they were left leaning, but were never Rage on behalf of the machine like they are now. Same thing with a lot of punk rockers.

Posers would be more apt.

9 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I always knew they were left leaning, but were never Rage on behalf of the machine like they are now. Same thing with a lot of punk rockers.

What about being anti-establishment means you also have to be anti-science? 😕

On 1/26/2022 at 12:36 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Never thought I'd see the day where Neil Young, Rage Against the Machine, and many others became pro establishment.

A little piece of me died finding this out, but I guess they were posers and never really pro rock.

I love Neil Young's music. But he's become old. Older fellas become conservatives. And being conservative today in North America is being Woke (I'm talking about the real definition of conservative, not what the Manichean political "sciences" in NA make of this word).

ad9QYEd_460s.jpg

And it seems that the Woke hate Joe Rogan because he invites everybody (pro-something, against something, etc.) He behaves like a real journalist: with a real naivety and the will to give a chance to all sides of an argument... that's unacceptable for the likes of CNN.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:06 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Not the left/right narrative again... :rolleyes:

Bipartisan/Manichean politics from North America is a sore... I'm glad we are mostly immune to it in France (our politics is mostly chaos now :rofl:)

22 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I remember their clip against Giuliani and wall street (who is a freaking crook). Now they lick the boots of Bloomberg and Pelosi (who are exactly the same type of people as Giuliani :rolleyes:).

Older fellas... it's more comfortable to be pro-machine :laugh:

13 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

What about being anti-establishment means you also have to be anti-science? 😕

People in the media don't understand jack squat to science.

Most of them don't know what "non exact science" means and most journalists don't know how to read a scientific paper beyond the title... Also, the notion of scientific consensus is extremely blurry and the ones who claim to determine it are not always qualified to do so.

It doesn't mean that rogue scientists always say interesting things. In fact 99% of the time, they don't. But the groundbreaking scientists were very often rogues at first.

BTW, it doesn't mean that there is no BS on the "free" Internet. Huge portions of the web are piles of garbage. But the media is not exactly devoid of crap either...

big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

Just now, Enrico_sw said:

People in the media don't understand jack squat to science.

Oh and you don't have to believe me. Listen to John Oliver (who is a journalist, so it's a critique from the inside - oh and don't worry, he's left leaning and says "Orange man bad", so definitely "trustworthy" ;))

This show here (this episode was made before his show became nuts because of all the bipartisan political BS in North America)

Snow White Remake Will Include Magical Creatures Instead of Dwarfs After Peter Dinklage Criticism

https://movieweb.com/snow-white-remake-will-include-magical-creatures-instead-of-dwarfs/

The way to help dwarfs (sorry, I mean people from the "dwarfism community") is to erase them from stories... Suuuuure. :rolleyes:

North American entertainment atm:

tumblr_o1izflqbHu1qd3lbbo1_500.gifv

10 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

It's about being pro authoritarian.

Don't want to hear differing ideas and opinions.

Neil Young is a polio survivor. He did not want to share a space with someone broadcasting an anti-vax message.

He made Spotify choose between him and Rogan and they chose Rogan.

I don't see the huge problem here if you are someone who loves Rogan and now hates Young. Seems like it panned out how you'd want it to pan out!

Seems to me that Neil Young has as much right as anyone else to decide which platforms his music is hosted on.

10 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Not the left/right narrative again... :rolleyes:

Bipartisan/Manichean politics from North America is a sore... I'm glad we are mostly immune to it in France (our politics is mostly chaos now :rofl:)

I remember their clip against Giuliani and wall street (who is a freaking crook). Now they lick the boots of Bloomberg and Pelosi (who are exactly the same type of people as Giuliani :rolleyes:).

Older fellas... it's more comfortable to be pro-machine :laugh:

This video clip was directed by Michael Moore... So this is who they have always been.

I've been a Rage fan since I was 13-14, I don't think their stance on this is inconsistent with their past. Quite the opposite.

10 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The way to help dwarfs (sorry, I mean people from the "dwarfism community") is to erase them from stories... Suuuuure. :rolleyes:

North American entertainment atm:

tumblr_o1izflqbHu1qd3lbbo1_500.gifv

I think Peter Dinklage is entitled to his opinion and to express that opinion publicly? Whatever happened to "diversity of thought". :rofl:

I think his objection is not to the cast of little people in those roles but to how they have historically been portrayed in Hollywood.