Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

27 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I think the show is just bad.

Also Boba Fett isn't some nice and honorable guy either which is a betrayal to the character.

Rumor is that they're creating these shows where they're all connected with one big bad (Thrawn). It'll basically be a cheap rip off of the Thrawn trilogy from the Expanded Universe.

Crap version of Thrawn = Thrawn, Ahsoka = Luke, Ezra = Jorrus, Boba = good guy crime lord.

But we know next to nothing about Boba based on the original trilogy. Other than being a bounty hunter occasionally used by Darth Vader.

So I don't know how people can claim they KNOW how he would act in this or that situation.

Also, this is the problem with turning a cipher into a real character. He's no longer a faceless man in an armor.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

But we know next to nothing about Boba based on the original trilogy. Other than being a bounty hunter occasionally used by Darth Vader.

So I don't know how people can claim they KNOW how he would act in this or that situation.

Also, this is the problem with turning a cipher into a real character. He's no longer a faceless man in an armor.

He had a detailed backstory in the Expanded Universe that was trashed.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

It's just one Grand Slam tournament, it's hardly the end of his career.

Also, he could have just gotten vaccinated if he cared that much about competing there. :rofl:

I said they ended his career there in Australia at the Open.

Just now, Stromboli1 said:

I know, but they continue to pick bits and pieces from it though.

I think Filoni and Favreau are happy to mine from that stuff when it suits them.

There are as many opinions about SW as there are fans.

As an older one, I was of the belief when the prequels were released that Lucas should have instead shot the Thrawn Trilogy.

Still don't think I'm wrong about that.

But the franchise still seems to be doing alright.

Whilst far from perfect, the Thrawn trilogy's writing is honestly better than anything SW related that has been released since the original trilogy (and probably since Empire).

The only thing I might deem an exception is Rogue One (by far the best Disney Star Wars film and this isn't even close).

2 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I think Filoni and Favreau are happy to mine from that stuff when it suits them.

There are as many opinions about SW as there are fans.

As an older one, I was of the belief when the prequels were released that Lucas should have instead shot the Thrawn Trilogy.

Still don't think I'm wrong about that.

But the franchise still seems to be doing alright.

I think we could've gotten both in the PT & Thrawn Trilogy if others had directed the PT movies, but no one wanted to. Which in turn burned him out again and ultimately led him to sell it to Disney.

I think the franchise has fallen on very hard times.

They can't create anything new worth a crap, all the new stuff we're getting is set from PT to the ST. They tried the High Republic stuff which fell flat with most fans.

6 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

She's been in a lot of movies through the years and has those Asian genes where she still looks relatively young.

It's so bad it's good.

Raul Julia is awesome!

Yea, she still looks pretty young for her age.  Raul Julia is a shakespearan actor (did Othello with James Earl Jones/Darth Vader even), and he straight up played the role like he was Richard III.

The film got 1 star reviews in the mid-1990s but it looks like those reviewers lacked a sense of humor.  The film ends up being more like a parody, like Austin Powers or Hot Shots.  

13 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

"People who cannot get vaccinated" are a tiny, tiny group.

Let me rephrase my issue cause I should've read my post better.

All I'm saying is that no safe option should off the table for EVERYONE, so sick of the politics on both sides of the issue. Give people more options and we're further along through all this stuff.

One of the oldest questions in liberal politics is: When are we obliged to follow laws that we believe to be unjust? That’s a relatively easy question for Djokovic — he need not submit himself to Australia’s laws at all. He can play in the Serbia Open, where the prize money is $800,000, rather than in the Australian Open, where the prize money is $55 million. Foreigners should look to obey the laws of the places they visit

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/01/so-long-djoker

I mean I can't believe there is a great bit of discussion ongoing about who is in the wrong here. There were ways in which Djokovic could be competing in the Aussie open with no problem whatsoever. The core of the problem is that he thought that the rules which apply to everyone else - including his tennis pro peers - should not apply to him.

Just get vaccinated.  It's obscene that it was made political.

While it doesn't prevent everyone from getting it, at least it prevents serious illness for the majority.  It turns the symptoms to that of a common malady rather than anything that needs hospitalization.

People got too relaxed in the fall.  They thought that once they got two shots, that they never had to wear a KN-95 mask or better unless they needed to.