Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

3 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Anti-vax are everywhere.

Spoiled brats people in Europe or in North America who are here today because of vaccines.

It's like the stupidest are talking the loudest, whatever the country is.

Or people don't want to be lab rats for something that is still in clinical trials. (Most) vaccines are tested for 5+ years .... not 1 and then come out while still in clinical trials ... all the while doctors and scientists are saying they don't have a clear understanding of future ramifications of taking said vax... Then you have the folks who are scared of the potential for major side effects and there is nothing wrong with being scared and having reservations. Add in that recently scientists and the CDC have started to suggest that fully vaccinated people are not just contracting Covid, but could be carrying higher levels of the virus than previously understood thus helping to facilitate the spread which puts getting the vax into question and that's some cause for concern..... On the opposite spectrum we have people who won't take it for religious reasons and that's their right, and then we have those who have immune disorders and other illnesses who can't take the vax, or they have doctors who don't want to risk it.

These are legit reasons to be concerned... s0 maybe perhaps open your field of view and look at potential other reasons why people might be anti-covid vax other than being a "spoiled brat"

I have a nasty autoimmune disorder and my doctors have said the vax has a very high chance of erasing me from the US censuses. For example - when you get sick with a cold you might get over it in a week... when I get that same cold I'm sick for 2 months even with antibiotics x32429384234234 and 9 trips to the doctors. Just this last year it took me 5 months to get over bronchitis. I was on steroid inhalers, vitamins, a billion different antibiotics, nothing worked, the virus just had to figure its shit out.   But even if I didn't have issues with my white cells being anti-me and attacking each other, I still wouldn't want to be a lab rat, and I am not anti vax in any way shape, or form. I am anti-Covid shot for MYSELF. If you all want to get it then good on you for doing what you think is the best FOR YOU, but please don't get irky with those of us that have reasons for avoiding the thing like the plague, k thanks 

@Stormbringer - My immune system is attacking me so bad atm (Do you recall me sending you pictures of my arms? Imagine that but all over my body expect my face atm)

@Prettyphile it's exactly for people like you with autoimmune disorder that other people should get vaccinated. To protect you. That's how vaccines work. To protect yourself, your mom, your neighbor, that other person you don't know, and it goes on & on.

Now, when it comes to the COVID vaccine ? Vaccines against CORONA virus are not new. They are 21 years old. The research and trials started at the end of the 80's. Now yes, the ones they use now is kinda new because it's a new form of CORONA but as it's a flue, like any flue, there is always a mutation, and they have to come up with something new all the time.  And messenger RNA is also not new, they are using it in every vaccine since years.

There is nothing wrong of being scared to receive a vaccine, and I am not blaming people who are scared, but I don't understand them :c025: (my sister is one of them) Vaccines are made to save life. And the religion reasons for me is the most WTF :c025:  I have zero respect for people who always play their religion card for almost everything that is not going their way of thinking. 

I blame the ones who are just plain idiots and selfish -I say it again- cry babies. The ones shouting in the streets because they can go to restaurants, movies, pool, vacation, etc. Because they decide they don't have to follow the rules. But if u decided that your own person and your own choice is more important than the collectivity,  well, you gonna have to pay for your egocentricity one way or another. Am I agree with everything asked with what we call the "sanitary pass" in France ? No. But at some point governments have to do something.

To be honest, I don't care about the COVID since day 1. Never be afraid of it. Some people say it is not a pandemic, and somewhat kindish  agree with that. However, a lot of people died or are dying. People who will still be alive without this virus. Awful things happened in France (bodies being burnt without asking the family) Tunisia is a living hell because of COVID right now. So, I've decided to get the vaccine because it is a small thing I can do... To do something. 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, Cult Icon said:

Enlightened blackmailing your sister and her family won't work? : p!   Invite them to a get together, and lift the curtain and show them the walk-in vaccination center..

I don't want to fight with my sister.

We talked about it many times.

She is not vegan anymore... It's already a big win !!!

6 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

I don't want to fight with my sister.

We talked about it many times.

She is not vegan anymore... It's already a big win !!!

You convinced a vegan to eat meat?  You have powers...

Christeeeee

@frenchkiki - The vaxx isn't about saving me, it's about saving you and making sure YOU don't end up in the hospital with severe symptoms. Those double vaxxed are still getting covid, and they are passing it on to unvaccinated. That's all I'm going to say about it because we'll just keep going round and round.

- Get the vaxx or don't, but don't try and force others to do the same and Governments can fuck off for trying to take people's liberties away

On 7/28/2021 at 6:37 PM, Cult Icon said:

I'm surprised that Anti-Vax is in France.  I don't know how you can reach out to her sister's family if she won't listen to research, reasoning, etc.

I thought only Alt-righters/MAGA and eccentrics were into that.  In the US, and in NY/NJ the focus now is on getting the rest of the population vaccinated, many of which are anti-vax.  

The French speaking side of Belgium is also more anti-Vaxx than the Dutch-speaking side. It's pretty big in terms of the difference, actually.

afbeelding.png

Light blue for percentage of people (18+) who have received one shot so far, dark blue for people who are fully vaccinated.

As you can see Flanders (Vlaanderen) is considerably ahead of Wallonia (French-speaking) and Brussels (officially bi-lingual but in practical terms majority French-speaking).

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Very happy to be a fully vaccinated lab rat myself. :)

Same. Can't wait to grow wings !

57 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I kind of agree with the idea that if the polio vaccine drives happened now instead of the 1950s, we would have never gotten rid of the disease.

Yes.

I finished the Bullshit jobs book. I  am in awe of how "red pill"  it is (in the genuine sense, and not by charlatans who usually claim it).   I am thinking that it is one of the top 10 most important books to read.

It is full of essential insights about the world of work and also politically & socially incorrect economics, most of which is costly/difficult to obtain in real life and require one to think outside of the box. This book should be given to everybody, preferrably as young as possible so they do not make life-crippling choices in life.

New eviction moratorium carries penalties up to $250,000 and one year in jail for landlords who break the ‘law’

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, to whom a virus has granted powers outstripping the Constitution, has signed a new 60-day eviction moratorium that many legal scholars told President Biden is unconstitutional. Biden has decided to go ahead with it anyway until the courts slap it down.

In the eyes of a progressive, the landlord is evil because he’s rich and the tenant is good because they’re poor. So they’ll probably be glad to hear that landlords who break the “law” face a potential $100,000 fine and one year in jail, or, if the eviction results in death, a fine of $250,000.

Since when the fuck does the CDC Director get to ignore the SUPREME COURT?

image.pngimage.pngimage.png