Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

9 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

To give you an idea of how unforgiving they are: Switzerland won nine of their ten games and still only ended up in second place.

So they now have to play a two-game play-off to still make the world cup.

And Switzerland didnt have such a tough group, only Portugal (which ended first eheh :smile: )

5 hours ago, jj3 said:

That story is without end it seems. The list of victims is growing everydays...

I get some people don't find it so scandalous, because it's like if we put a face on the rumor ...

But though, it's terrifying. I find. 

All that will feed the various different conspiracy theory for long time i bet. "The rumor was true". 

I wonder which one will say "the show must go on" in first...

Lea Sydeoux has come forward aswell, and not only on Harvey

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/11/lea-seydoux-says-harvey-weinstein-sexually-assaulted-her

Which interestingly, Tarantino was one of the directors of hers in her mid20's @Sanni

In an emotional Twitter post, MacFarlane reveals that the joke at the 2013 Oscar nominations was a way of him to stand up to Weinstein after his friend, actress Jessica Barth, who co-starred in MacFarlane’s Ted movies and had a recurring role on Family Guy, had confided in him about her harrowing 2011 experience with Weinstein. The encounter, in which the producer sexually harassed the actress in his hotel room, was recounted in yesterday’s New Yorker exposé on the disgraced producer.

10 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

The story won't end, I expect by next week to die down a bit, but this was an authentic earthquake to Hollywood.

Oh yes, it’s incredible how many world-famous stars are sullied by association now.

But I’ll forever remember how many remained silent at first after the NYT article till the pressure got too big and they had to speak up especially after The New Yorker article.

6 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Until he got sacked almost no one talked.

In some ways, it can be understandable not to want to stick your neck out when it was uncertain whether he would still have influence in the industry. But there is no excuse when you then come out with a dry-ass generic statement or claim to have not heard a peep before.

23 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Twitter's goal is to increase the incidence of ADHD 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

I don't know if it's so well planned :rofl: But the bird and its tweets are annoying indeed. It took centuries for mankind to increase the literacy rate (sorry for the grand words...:rofl:). Now that's it's much higher (even in developping countries), a blue chicken orders us to use a handful of words...

Yesterday, friends told me that I should use Twitter. I said "why?" When they ran out of arguments, they said that we have to use it because it's modern :rofl::rofl:

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know if it's so well planned :rofl: But the bird and its tweets are annoying indeed. It took centuries for mankind to increase the literacy rate (sorry for the grand words...:rofl:). Now that's it's much higher (even in developping countries), a blue chicken orders us to use a handful of words...

Yesterday, friends told me that I should use Twitter. I said "why?" When they ran out of arguments, they said that we have to use it because it's modern :rofl::rofl:

During the Great recession, this was floated as a topic of discussion (rise of social media/maturation of the internet, and the effect on people).   Overall, the academics show that people's vocabularies and writing skills have largely decreased significantly throughout the 20th-21st century.   Prior to that, there was no TV, no music, - often just books and handwritten letters.

I notice this a lot whenever I read a book about economics or history.  There is a vast difference in the writing of the classical economists vs. the modern ones.  The quality/density of the writing has decreased but at the same time, the variety is exponentially increased.

18 hours ago, jkjk said:

What you suggested makes sense, but I think FIFA has made it clear they are not trying to just get the 32 (or 48) best teams, there is going to continue to be a focus on getting all confederations more spots. I just looked at the 48 allocation again so I would get the numbers right, UEFA will increase from 13 to 16 ad CAF from 5 to 9. That's a significant difference in increase in terms of percentage.

A 48 team world cup is a money grab by FIFA, They think more matches between teams like Angola x Saudi Arabia will put more asses in the seats, it's mainly a way to get more money on bids for broadcasting & sponsorship rights. It will take 6 weeks for a 48 team tournament rather than a month for a 32 team tournament.

18 hours ago, jkjk said:

It would be a better tournament if it qualification spots were performance based, but it seems unlikely, unfortunately.

I agree.

@Sanni -

I'm not going out this year. I was supposed to go back to Sonoma/San Fran however due to the massive fires in my area and having about 40% of the people in my life who have been left without their homes because they were destroyed, or they're waiting to find out what happened to their homes... I'm just not in the mood.

I lost my family home, my best friends have lost homes, their parents have lost property, animals and homes. I lost my car that I had left there, wineries that friends worked at are gone, it's just something I don't want to be involved with. I'm already home sick as is, and now with what's happening.....

@Limerlight -

7Bn1k7T.jpg

I don't think you have any idea how fucking crushed I am atm.

BtS9cZt.jpg

The smaller fire to the south is spreading and about ready to hit Sears Point Sonoma Raceway, if it jumps the highway it'll be a direct path to Viansa. My brother said most of Glen Ellen is gone, and we cannot get a hold of my Uncle Tony, or Itchy to find out if they got out.

My brother talked to a friend of ours who is on scene fighting the Mission fire, and their worst fears are looking more and more real if the winds don't die down. The fire near Sonoma Mountain Cemetery and the Vineburg look like they could meet up with the Glen Ellen fires... which will devastate the entire east side of town.

Thank god!

Emergency workers and staff at a state home for the severely disabled outside of Sonoma have evacuated all of about 240 patients as flames from fast-spreading wildfires approached the center and ash rained down.

@Limerlight

Mandatory Evacuations
All of Glen Ellen
West of Jack London State Park
East of Bennet Valley Golf Course
Sonoma Mountain Road
Bennet Ridge Road
Sonoma Mountain Road at Enterprise Road
Wall Road
Cavedale Road
Arnold Drive
Partrick Rd to Browns Valley Rd
7th St. East and Old Winery Rd Castle Road
Old Winery Rd.

Wall Road
West bound Redwood Rd. at
Browns Valley Rd.
Oakville Rd at Dry Creek Rd.
HWY 12 at Arnold Drive
HWY 12 at Madrone HWY
12 at West Agua Caliente
Arnold Drive at Madrone
HWY 12 at Trinity Rd.
Bennet Valley Rd. at Sonoma

Advisory: Dependent on the winds atm
Lovall Valley     
Most of Boyes Hot Springs and  the North side of Sonoma;
South of Petaluma Ave.
East of E. Napa and Lovall Road.

So basically 75% of Sonoma :sad:

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

I'm not going out this year. I was supposed to go back to Sonoma/San Fran however due to the massive fires in my area and having about 40% of the people in my life who have been left without their homes because they were destroyed, or they're waiting to find out what happened to their homes... I'm just not in the mood.

I lost my family home, my best friends have lost homes, their parents have lost property, animals and homes. I lost my car that I had left there, wineries that friends worked at are gone, it's just something I don't want to be involved with. I'm already home sick as is, and now with what's happening.....

So, so sorry to hear this, Pretty.... :sad: