Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

A lot of things smell dirty around this Wenstein cases. The fact that he pays for NDA is highly suspicious. These NDAs are crappy because they affect the faith people have in justice. It basically means that rich people have the right to buy silence. Is it supposed to be "democratic" in the US?

Still, it's not the role of the social media to render justice. There are great investigative journalists (fewer and fewer though) but the media are not a court. The only people who can condemn are judges/juries. It's the pact between the people and the State.

Media just play with cases like cats with wool balls, but justice is not a game. Justice is not perfect, but it's still the best tool to protect the victims, condemn the culprits and protect the innocents (by also not condemning too quickly).

18 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

A general question: how is it possible to have a debate, express points, arguments on this "media with a little bird" which allows us to express with 140 characters only? :idk:

It's meant to stimulate an emotional (rather than intellectual) reaction

Not relating to the particulars of this discussion, but twitter.

8 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yeah. So, it's pretty much useless (so, the bird and its buddies are mocking jays? :whistle:)

Well currently people tend to have Facebook, instagram, linkedin, and twitter.  Different formats for different functions.

It's easy to read from the smartphone and it updates the 'situation' with the various members that you follow.  It's a socializing tool.  It doesn't take a long time to read.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Twitter's goal is to increase the incidence of ADHD 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

Harvey Weinstein's Wife Georgina Chapman Is Leaving Him: 'My Heart Breaks for All the Women Who Have Suffered'

By Mary Green and Jodi Guglielmi•@JodiGug3

Posted on October 10, 2017 at 6:49pm EDT

Harvey Weinstein’s wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, is leaving him — as more women continue to step forward to accuse the movie mogul of decades of sexual harassment and assault.

Weinstein, 65, and Chapman, 41, married in 2007 and have two children together — India Pearl, 7, and Dashiell Max Robert, 4.

“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time,” Chapman says in a statement to PEOPLE.

There are plans for Weinstein to enter a treatment facility — but the mogul, who has been staying at a Los Angeles hotel, has not left yet, according to a source.

In the wake of the first allegations by multiple women in a New York Times report, Weinstein, who has denied allegations of nonconsensual sex, initially said Chapman was standing behind him.

“She stands 100 percent behind me. Georgina and I have talked about this at length,” Weinstein told the New York Post, adding that Chapman was helping him become “a better human” and to “apologize to people for my bad behavior, to say I’m sorry, and to absolutely mean it.”

On Sunday, Weinstein was fired from his powerhouse film studio.

“In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company — Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar — have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately,” the Weinstein Company said in a statement.

In the NYT report that ran last week, eight women — including actress Ashley Judd — spoke out against Weinstein, accusing him of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior. The paper also reported that Weinstein reached private settlements with eight women, including actress Rose McGowan.

On Tuesday, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie added their own accounts of alleged mistreatment. Paltrow told the NYT that Weinstein sexually harassed her in a hotel room after hiring her for the lead role in Emma when she was 22. The encounter allegedly ended with Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting a massage.

Jolie also told the outlet that she had a “bad experience” with Weinstein in a hotel room during the release of Playing by Heart in the late ’90s.

Also on Tuesday, the The New Yorker revealed — among 13 different women’s accounts of alleged sexual harassment, assault or rape — that the mogul allegedly forcibly performed oral sex on Italian actress Asia Argento two decades ago. Actresses Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette also claimed that after rejecting Weinstein’s unwanted advances, they were removed from or kept from being hired for projects.

In response to the lengthy allegations made against Weinstein in the New Yorker piece, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”

http://people.com/movies/harvey-weinstein-wife-georgina-chapman-separating/

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

Some suspect his brother, Bob Weinstein, is involved in exposing him because he wanted Harvey out of the company. Harvey has also had less success in recent years. His movies didn’t turn profit and didn’t get award nominations like they used to. Easier to take him down. Some also speculate that he pissed off someone even more powerful than him or that he stopped paying off someone he should have ala Charlie Sheen.

i surmise that's why this operation seems so well executed. some (maybe his producer peers) want to get rid of him so they wash his dirty linen in public.

Lana Del Rey Cola Lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bww_K82kvqY

The Donald is Harvey Weinstein's biggest fan as he's dominating the headlines right now.

A lot of people are piling on and dissociating their ties with Weinstein that have nothing to with the allegations, but they'll be back with their hand out when money can be made or donated, especially the politicians.