Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

@gotportugal

Ah yes, Sienna Miller, I forgot about her! I hesitated to name Zendaya because she might have been one who he pursued but who got away. I did wonder about Mira Sorvino and Uma Thurman because of their connection to Tarantino who is Harvey’s protegee. Mira has disappeared from Hollywood despite having an Oscar and Uma’s ex claims that she is mentally ill. It could be just slander but if true, maybe it’s a result of suffering abuse in Hollywood?

Gemma Arterton and Amanda Seyfried are speculated to be those who rejected Harvey too “harshly” so he curbed their careers in revenge. Although some say Ben Affleck is the one who set out to ruin Gemma’s career in Hollywood.

Just now, Sanni said:

@gotportugal

Ah yes, Sienna Miller, I forgot about her! I hesitated to name Zendaya because she might have been one who he pursued but who got away. I did wonder about Mira Sorvino and Uma Thurman because of their connection to Tarantino who is Harvey’s protegee. Mira has disappeared from Hollywood despite having an Oscar and Uma’s ex claims that she is mentally ill. It could be just slander but if true, maybe it’s a result of suffering abuse in Hollywood?

Gemma Arterton and Amanda Seyfried are speculated to be those who rejected Harvey too “harshly” so he curbed their careers in revenge. Although some say Ben Affleck is the one who set out to ruin Gemma’s career in Hollywood.

And Amanda's bib break was on a Meryl Streep movie :ninja: 

19 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

And Amanda's bib break was on a Meryl Streep movie :ninja: 

That’s right! :oMamma Mia! in 2008.

At one point, Michelle Monaghan was everywhere. I thought it was really weird since she was a bit “older” and not super gorgeous in a typical Hollywood way. Maybe Harvey pushed for her? Diane Kruger is also connected to Harvey and Tarantino. And what about Naomi Watts? She was desperate to break out into Hollywood like her pal Nicole Kidman.

30 minutes ago, Sanni said:

That’s right! :oMamma Mia! in 2008.

At one point, Michelle Monaghan was everywhere. I thought it was really weird since she was a bit “older” and not super gorgeous in a typical Hollywood way. Maybe Harvey pushed for her? Diane Kruger is also connected to Harvey and Tarantino. And what about Naomi Watts? She was desperate to break out into Hollywood like her pal Nicole Kidman.

Diane and Uma were definitely Tarantino's muses, and he's no good person AT ALL.

And Nicole got big pretty fast...But that might have been the Scientology clan with her being with Tom Cruise.

Also on Scientology, interesting that Katie Holmes has been NOWHERE

3 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

^^^

Rose conveniently waited until her career dried up to make this expose?

seen this before with Cosby and other celebs...

a pattern is emerging :rofl:

Honey, you don’t need to tell on yourself over and over again. We already know you are slanted against women and stick up for men even when they are abusers.

Objectivity? The man has already released a statement where he admits to wrongdoings. Obviously, he is not going to out himself as a rapist.

I came of age in the 60’s and 70’s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces

were different. That was the culture then.

I have since learned it’s not an excuse, in the office - or out of it. To anyone. 

I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with

the people I work with have changed. 

I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain,

and I sincerely apologize for it.  

Though I’m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go. That is my commitment.

My journey now will be to learn about myself and conquer my demons. Over the last

year I've asked Lisa Bloom to tutor me and she's put together a team of people. I've

brought on therapists and I plan to take a leave of absence from my company and to

deal with this issue head on. I so respect all women and regret what happened. I hope

that my actions will speak louder than words and that one day we will all be able to earn

their trust and sit down together with Lisa to learn more. Jay Z wrote in 4:44 "I'm not

the man I thought I was and I better be that man for my children." The same is true for

me. I want a second chance in the community but I know I've got work to do to earn it. I

have goals that are now priorities. Trust me, this isn't an overnight process. I've been

trying to do this for 10 years and this is a wake-up call. I cannot be more remorseful

about the people I hurt and I plan to do right by all of them.

I am going to need a place to channel that anger so I've decided that I'm going to give

the NRA my full attention. I hope Wayne LaPierre will enjoy his retirement party. I'm

going to do it at the same place I had my Bar Mitzvah. I'm making a movie about our

President, perhaps we can make it a joint retirement party. One year ago, I began

organizing a $5 million foundation to give scholarships to women directors at USC.

While this might seem coincidental, it has been in the works for a year. It will be named

after my mom and I won't disappoint her.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/us/statement-from-harvey-weinstein.html

I think it's established that Weinstein is not a good person.  What I am implying that there is a possibility that she is a manipulative/political women herself- one with flexible morals that would be considered poor by conservative standards and good women like Sanni.  Hollywood has that reputation.   Women that rise in that environment should have some skills in social maneuvering and the winner of the game takes prizes of a vast scale. 

This is not a matter of being 'slanted' against women.  It's a matter of being non-naive and examining why someone would not report being raped.

This pattern happens a lot in the media and causes a lot of drama in the papers.  Eventually, there will be TV interviews, ghostwritten books, publicity, and such.

Why didn’t she come forward sooner? It could be for many reasons. It seems that she was told that it’d be unlikely that she would win in court so she was advised to reach for a settlement. In exchange, she had to sign a non-disclosure agreement. She probably figured it’d be better than nothing.

Harvey Weinstein is very rich and influential. Politicians, industry insiders etc. are his friends. He gave a Manhattan DA $10,000 after the DA declined to prosecute him for sexual assault charges (and he had previously supported the DA with over $100k for the DA’s political aspirations.) He has donated a LOT of money to different charities. It is said that he has raised about 50 million for amfAR over the years.

His behaviour was an open secret in Hollywood. He had people like Matt Damon and Russell Crowe endorse him, which resulted in NYT pulling a story that they were working on about him earlier. So, she would have probably been blacklisted had she accused him of rape publicly back then. Out of a job AND a rape victim?

It’s extremely hard for victims of sexual abuse to go up against the perpetrators (shame, fear etc.), let alone when the perpetrator is someone as powerful as Harvey Weinstein and there are so many influential people complicit in covering up for him.