Bellazon

The Recent Purchase Thread

Qball

^How's the Nirvana one?

It's Nirvana at it's peak, so it's great. Of course it's imperfect (mostly on Cobain's part), but it's still one of the best live band performing one of it's most memorable moment. If you're a fan of Nevermind and Incesticide you like this one for sure, it's cleary better than From The Muddy Bank Of The Wishawk, mainly beacause it's a whole concert.

It's Nirvana at it's peak, so it's great. Of course it's imperfect (mostly on Cobain's part), but it's still one of the best live band performing one of it's most memorable moment. If you're a fan of Nevermind and Incesticide you like this one for sure, it's cleary better than From The Muddy Bank Of The Wishawk, mainly beacause it's a whole concert.

I can't wait to get it now. Did you go for the CD or DVD (or both?) :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
brighteyescassadaga.jpg

I could never get with this album, to me it was over produced and lacking in good melodies. That being said, Lime Tree is absolutely phenomenal.

I must confess to being a total novice when it comes to Conor Oberst - this album is the first one I've heard. Is there any more of his work I should look out for?

I must confess to being a total novice when it comes to Conor Oberst - this album is the first one I've heard. Is there any more of his work I should look out for?

The pre-Cassadaga output is mostly the goods; I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning being the most 'accessible'. The solo album he did last year was also pretty decent, though I haven't heard the Monsters of Folk stuff yet.

How's Cripple Crow?

It's a lot less folky than the older stuff and surprisingly Beatles-y. It wasn't quite what I was expecting and it's definitely a challenging listen (22 tracks and 74 minutes long) but I liked a lot of it. You'll like it if you're already a fan. If not, it probably won't convert you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...