Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

notice how they are going through all the models but bar hasn't come up yet...speculation speculation

my favourite cover is still Petra!...i love that picture.

No need to speculate: she'll be up on Sunday, from the Flash video data file.

Rebecca's "Not So Virgin Islands" was 1999.

I totally agree that the 00's have not been great for SI. I've been really disappointed since 2006 because even though I hated the cover, it had my favorite set of rookies (Brooklyn Decker, Carla Campbell, Alina Nakashima, Pania Rose, and :heart: :heart: :heart: Yesica Toscanini :heart: :heart: :heart: ), and they've ditched them all except for Brooklyn within two years.

If it's not Bar on the cover, I predict that:

1. Brooklyn/Irina/Tori or Daniella will be on the cover

2. They will copy the shot done for the cover of another Sports Illustrated from 2000-2007

i want Brooklyn or Tori to get the cover. :)

This is from PoshKitty at TFS:

Guys my bf has been surfing on net

& he tells me the 2009 issue comes out this Tuesday,

There are 4 fave models to get the COVER:

Brooke Decker

Jessica Gomes

Bar Rafaeli

& Hilary Rhoda

Do we know if this is true?

^ No one has any way of knowing. Any list like that is probably just guesswork for now.

...After all, there were 20 models last year but only 19 so far for this year, and it's just too suspicious that Selita and ABB are suddenly not in the issue.

Perhaps the 20th "model" isn't a model at all :shifty:

It's going to be you on the cover, isn't it, Pink? :chicken: :p

I have to say, I've just had a look over the past swimsuit issues and their model content... and it's made me a little blue! I think half of the models in the issue this year would have been considered not good enough for the magazine even in the early 90's.

I mean, think about it, SI used to have so many gorgeous, amazing models to choose from, they didn't even get around to putting LAETITIA CASTA on the cover!! Or Steph Seymour! Or Cindy Crawford!

I was saying basically the same thing in Marisa's thread the other day. :laugh: But you don't even have to go back all the way to the 90s - even the early 2000s had far more star power. I wonder if it's coincidence or SI's decision that no previous covermodel is appearing in this issue.

Anywho... SI.com linked to a site that offers betting odds as to who will get the cover. Brooklyn is the clear favorite.

I like the idea of whoever said a foldout with all the girls for the cover! i know that won't happen, but it would be sexy! :laugh:

I think Bar will get the cover, but like someone else said I wouldn't mind Hilary. I think she would look great on a cover. Irina would too :wub:

edit- did not mean to put every single girl, but a few would be nice. also a foldout would not cheapen the magazine imo. vogue has done foldouts before and I like it. group shots are good by me :whistle:

^ The fold out cover might sound cute ( very cute!), but it would totally ruin SI.

Part of the allure of the swimsuit issue from a modeling perceptive is that the cover is a prize position. Something you aspire to. If all of the girls got it ( and many of them being rookies) it would cheapen it, IMO. It would take away the prestige completely.