Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

favorite model: miranda

favorite outfit: candise in the opening segment

worst model:noemi and isabeli's tired ass...no more of them please

worst outfit: ana beatriz in the dangerous segment. the fabric sucked...it looked cheap..the cut was fine...but the fabric sucked...didnt like it at all...

the more i see the show

the more i want to be the cango jorge is banging between his legs :drool:

HE SOOOO CUTE!! well, to me anyway...

in one of the interviews of the people in charge...she was saying that they were already thinking of next years show...

what caught my attention is that she said

WHAT COUNTRY ITS GOING TO BE IN...

i never knew that was an option...

id like to see in paris

well to me it goes hand in hand....

paris is paris...romantic and sexy...

and VS in it and it would be heaven...as always...imo

:heart:

From a filmmaker's standpoint, the drill instructor segment of PINK PLANET is just filled with technical goofs. The segment is barely a minute long and it is just horrificly edited. It doesn't really make the segment worse, but it is quite noticeable.

Here's the breakdown: As soon as Lindsay arrives, there are two models standing there equalling three (Lindsay, Edita, Flavia). In the next shot, there's ANOTHER model that magically appears equalling four (Lindsay Edita, Flavia, Erin). In the next shot after that, its back to three but not with the original model from the first shot (Lindsay, Edita, Erin)! :blink: :blink:

Also, when Behati smacks the ruler onto the board, she obviously smacks it in the middle of the board. In the next shot, the ruler is at the bottom of the board where it says "RUNWAY" in black marker. Another thing is that the word "RUNWAY" on the board is nearly erased off because Behati probably had to do multiple takes. :blush:

Believe me, these goofs bug me everytime I watch PINK PLANET. The girls are nice, but the goofs are so bad. Anyway, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this (probably did), but the last song that was playing during the catwalk finale was from Robbie Williams "I Want To Entertain You".

:laugh:

ANNOUNCEMENT!

THE VICTORIA'S SECRET FASHION SHOW 2008 REBROADCAST

DECEMBER 17, 2008 @ 8 P.M.

31403896.501cbb.jpg

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 is going to be REBROADCAST on the CW Channel on December 17th! This is the second year in a row that the CW has rebroadcast the VS show. For those of you that missed it and want to watch it again in beautiful High Definition, this is your last chance to see it on TV before it disappears into Bittorrent heaven. Set those TiVO's and DVR's!

My list for 2009:

Heidi

Adriana

Alessandra

Karolina

Miranda

Selita

Marissa

Doutzen

----

Angela

Anne V

Behati

Candice

Maryna

Morgane

Flavia

Carmen

Ana B

Izabel

Isabeli

Caroline Trentini

Rosie

Inguna

Julia

and the PINK girls!

I can see Chanel Iman & Jariah Mariano in the Pink Segment. Maybe Fernande Tavares will return? Glad Carmen was there. Next year she should have 3 outfits

Check this out: in the November issue of Ocean Drive Magazine (with Miranda Kerr on the cover), the featured article discussed mainly about the VSFS 2008, even though it hadn't been filmed yet.

Well, for the December issue (with Pamela Anderson on the cover), the magazine features a follow-up article to the VSFS 2008. While the majority of the article focuses more on the "oohs and ahhs" of the re-opened Fontainbleau Hotel, it does give a little bit of behind-the-scenes info about the show.

The biggest tidbit was the fact that the VSFS 2008 was actually held TWICE on the same night. While it elaborates that there was a 7 PM and a 10PM show, it doesn't exactly explain anything else. Was it a two-part show? Was it the same show with all seven catwalk segments? Or was it a completely different show? I don't know the answers to that and neither does this article. Oh, but there is some nice pictures and I made some super duper scans. These pictures have been seen so many times, but this is the first time they are available in Super UHQ format.

OCEAN DRIVE MAGAZINE DECEMBER 2008

FEATURING THE VICTORIA'S SECRET ANGELS

Click on the thumbnail to view the Super UHQ scan!

31704205.f9f322.jpg

31704224.d25764.jpg

31704239.de5462.jpg

31704251.4ad3a6.jpg

DIBS, BEE-YOTCH! :fun:

^ Yes the show is filmed twice. One for the mainly the media and the other for guests. So what you see on TV is 2 shows edited and then cut & pasted together :)

I thought of all people you knew that! :p

I guess VampireHord's question was when the show was performed the 2nd time! i want to know it as well! ^^

Back to back almost. There was a 7pm show and a 10 pm show. Both were the same show.

For Example: 2006 show. in one KK lost her shoe/ in the second she didn't

This stsrted after 2002 show when the whole PETA fiasco happened when Gisele hit the runway. They've done it ever since.

From what I hear the earlier one is the more spectacled one with celebs and who's who, an the pointing. But the second is supposed to be more sedate. Or at least ... rumor has it... :whistle:

First of all, NO, I did not know the show was done twice in the same night. I mean, its not like all the other fashion shows (Paris, Milan, New York) do this. If that was the case, then I am still disappointed with all the editing and the slow motion and the mishaps of the broadcast.

I'm guessing the 7PM show was the media blitz version with celebs and photogs. The 10 PM show must've been a "Take Two" kind of deal with no audience or photogs (which must've felt good for those girls). Or maybe it was neither, I don't know!

Okay, this "two show" thing really made me notice a handful of flaws in the editing. If you've already noticed it, then you are way ahead of me. Otherwise, let me point out a few editing goofs that tried to make the show look "flawless". Ready?

VAMP'S EDITING GOOF GUIDE FOR THE VSFS 2008 - PART 1

DANGEROUS

--Jorge Moreno--

In this shot, Jorge is standing on the catwalk in front of Carmen

post-18518-0-1446069080-93372_thumb.jpg

In the next cut, he's on the stage

post-18518-0-1446069080-96317_thumb.jpg

--Angela Lindvall--

Notice how her hair is flat in both backstage shots

post-18518-0-1446069081-03946_thumb.jpg

post-18518-0-1446069081-05434_thumb.jpg

But when she walks onstage, her hair is screaming up to high heaven

post-18518-0-1446069081-09581_thumb.jpg

THE MODERN

--Marisa Miller/Adriana Lima/Selita Ebanks--

In this cut, Adriana is seen walking towards the backstage area as Marisa walks out

post-18518-0-1446069081-14402_thumb.jpg

In the next cut, its Selita (not Adriana) seen walking towards the backstage area

post-18518-0-1446069081-20374_thumb.jpg

In the next cut, its Adriana walking backstage past Marisa (not Selita)

post-18518-0-1446069081-24475_thumb.jpg

PINK PLANET

--Behati Prinsloo--

Just as she approaches the center of the stage, a quick cut shows her blowing a kiss and flashing her ass

But notice how the dancers in the background are in different positions in both cuts

post-18518-0-1446069081-27599_thumb.jpg

post-18518-0-1446069081-30542_thumb.jpg

BALLET DE FLEUR (editing goof)

--Miranda Kerr--

At the end of Ballet De Fleur, Miranda is seen running back to her dressing room corner wearing a yellow cashmere outfit

(from the Glamour Goddesses segment)

post-18518-0-1446069081-33399_thumb.jpg

The only problem is that she was wearing a light blue bra and Starlet panty with butterfly wings during Ballet De Fleur. WHAAAT???

post-18518-0-1446069081-35334_thumb.jpg

BLACK TIE HOLIDAY

--Noemie Lenoir--

In this shot, Noemie reaches the end of the catwalk and turns around

post-18518-0-1446069081-3997_thumb.jpg

In the next immediate cut, she is blowing a kiss to the audience just as she reaches the end of the catwalk

post-18518-0-1446069081-42499_thumb.jpg

FINALE

In this UHQ scan, Karolina is the one standing at the far right of the stage

31704251.4ad3a6.jpg

In this shot, Carmen Kass is seen standing at the far right of the stage

post-18518-0-1446069081-47522_thumb.jpg

Now that I've revealed these flaws, I'll never watch the show the same way I used to because all I'll be doing is noticing those goddamned stupid-ass flaws.

UPDATE: I've found another batch of editing goofs for the show and I will post my findings soon.

Back to back almost. There was a 7pm show and a 10 pm show. Both were the same show.

For Example: 2006 show. in one KK lost her shoe/ in the second she didn't

This stsrted after 2002 show when the whole PETA fiasco happened when Gisele hit the runway. They've done it ever since.

Another example was 2005. I saw a alternate version posted on here that showed Natasha Poly with no misstep at all and her shoe not falling off. Not sure if it was the 1st or 2nd show. It was a unedited version, and it showed Chris Botti playing the sax at the beginning. I'm not sure if they have the same intro for both shows. So, the musicians involved in the show have to perform twice as well?