Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

What did you think about Doutzen this year?

My opinion: 2005 was really better, this year, her body...

Well, what did you think about her on the fashion show?

I agree, she was more vibrant and elegant in the 2005 show compared to the rest. Her body was slender and she looked stylish in her outfits.

In the 2006 show, she looked super uncomfortable in the Pink segment when she walked out wearing that graduation cap and wings. Watch that segment again (she's closes the segment) and look at her face as she walks. You can tell she'd rather hurl.

For the 2008 show, I was just in shock at her transformation. The slender body she had in the 2005 show was replaced by a female hulking bodybuilder. Her thighs were just massively muscular and I was like "Whoa, what is that?" Now, I don't mind that she's doing her best to stay in shape, but that was way too over the top for me. Girlfriend needs to stay away from the Thighmaster and focus more on abs.

:laugh:

Well, I think as well that her best VSFS year was of 2005. Her body used to be so petite and now she's really muscular for a model <_<

I think it's sad, that she did so much clown-stuff on this year's VS runway. As a high fashion model, she should've known better how to act!

I think she looked amazing!! I've said it before but I think it's wonderful that there was a model with a different body.

No offense but I think it's pretty messed up that you guys are picking on her so much.

This is exactly why I don't want cintia I'm this damn show, you guys are just mean sometimes.

Like I said no offense.

The full truth of the show is ... the first taping is at 7 and that is for close friends and model guests, usual ticket holders (whether company VIPs or the Wall street ones), as well as most auction tickets. (If the auction doesn't specify, it means this show)

The second taping is at 10 and that's the star studded one. This is also the show for which there is the after party. Which actually makes sense since from this show they go straight to the party. Think about it ... is P.Diddy and others gonna want to wait 3 hours for a party. (BTW, there are sometimes auctions for this one, but it must specify "10 pm showing")

The girls have at least 2 fittings (the ones in october and stuff and a final fitting right before the show). There are 2-3 rehersals as well. One is a few days earlier and there's another on the day of the show.

Then it's hair and makeup, media blitz, and then 7 pm show .... then back stage again more hair and makeup, more media blitz, then 10 pm show. Then after party. Then the girls take a deep breath knowing that madness is over.

Then the design team goes nuts again and starts planing the next year.

It's a vicious and sexy cycle.

VampireHorde, thank you for your extensive contributions :) . But remember that images over 600 pixels in width must be thumbnailed, textlinked or shrunk to a width of 600 pixtels (in width) or smaller, thank you :wave: .

Wait, a thumbnail can't be larger than 600 px? Well, in my defense, the screencaps I've posted are all reduced from their original 1280x720 resolution to half. Oh well, I'll reduce them right now, hold on.....

There, that should do it.

good question. back in the day I believe it was 26 (2000 show) but I know the Angels are a sure thing and the rest are try outs. But with the ever increasing number of Angels, I guess the number of spots will go up. Or if they remain the same ... that means less spots for non Angels, which isn't that nice.

Oh, and remember there are always a few back up models should one drop out or not make it.

And know when they say the number of models at the show, yada yada, like 2000 "we flew 25 models" to France. Well either they mke it that because 25 is a nicer number or some where already there. But the 2000 show had 26 instead of 25. So either saying "we flew 25 models" is a little misleading or saying 25 is easier than 26, you pretty much just have to count the girls per show

well I have another goof, Vampirehorde!

When you watch the scene the pic is showing, then you'll recognize that it's a rewinded scene - I don't know how to describe it, but watch that scene and look at Heidi's hair!

post-23464-1230302414_thumb.png

Yeah, I checked out the scene and you're right. It's a reverse tracking shot. Basically, the camera did a close-up of Adriana and then it was played in reverse in real-time. It looks weird but its isn't really an editing goof (more like a visual goof).

Question to the VS buffs :hehe: . What is the limit number of models that can be used for a VSFS :unsure: ?

Apparently, they can hire as many girls as they want. The number of girls per year seems to increase very slightly. My problem is that the more models they bring to the show, the less we see of them on the broadcast. Every single year, one segment is always edited out of the show and we never see footage of it (just pictures). Seriously, Morgane Dubled and most of the Pink Planet girls were only shown on TV once! Why hire so many girls if we ain't gonna see them?

:heart:

Jeez, the more goofs we find, the worse it makes this whole "two show" process look, doesn't it? Here's a clearer look at those shoes.

31785956.cb45fe.jpg

31785959.103c30.jpg

The girl looks like a body double to me

Oh, I asked my filmmaker friend what the term is for something like that (where an item is seen onscreen then is changed or missing in the next), and it's called a "Continuity Error". So it's not really an editing goof. Same goes for the Heidi "hair" loop, which is a Visual goof.

BTW, Joe, you credited vsholic for that shoe continuity error. I wonder if anyone credits me for the other twelve goofs I found. Probably not.

Apparently, they can hire as many girls as they want. The number of girls per year seems to increase very slightly. My problem is that the more models they bring to the show, the less we see of them on the broadcast. Every single year, one segment is always edited out of the show and we never see footage of it (just pictures). Seriously, Morgane Dubled and most of the Pink Planet girls were only shown on TV once! Why hire so many girls if we ain't gonna see them?

WHAT? a whole segment will be edited out?? are you serious or did you mean the finale?

:heart:

No, it's very possible that they did meet backstage. Since both shots aren't on the same area (and Heidi is not in the last shot), who's to say they didn't meet and leave together backstage? This one is not correct but isn't incorrect either, so we can't really say if its a goof of any kind.