Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

aparently when Ale asked "where's the champagne" ... the editing crew already drank all of it

and while you mentioned Adriana's entrance backstage. Was it just me, or did one of the stage hands rub her belly? What is she ... a crocodile you're trying to put to sleep?

It's overload. They should never have Ale and Adri on at the same time. No mere mortal can handle it.

BTW, didn't Heidi say Seal wasn't gonna be there and she was going with her mom. But then I see Seal in the audience. I mean I'm glad Seal was there, but can someone keep their story straight. Unless he surprised her.

:heart:

@Pink: I wasn't talking about Alessandra or Adriana. I was talking about Usher's little hat. Since Alessandra was the second girl in the line-up, it would be weird that Usher already has his hat off (because Heidi was the one to take it later in the segment). And remember, Izabel had different shoes on, which means somehow Usher got the hat back from somebody.

AAHH!!! I'm confusing myself.

:laugh:

^ Actually is not really a goof b/c during one of the tapings, when Adriana walked past Usher she took his hat. When she walked back, she gave him his hat back. So technically he shouldn't be wearing a hat when Ale initially walked b/c Adriana still had it at the time. This explains the Extra clip :)

^ Actually is not really a goof b/c during one of the tapings, when Adriana walked past Usher she took his hat. When she walked back, she gave him his hat back. So technically he shouldn't be wearing a hat when Ale initially walked b/c Adriana still had it at the time. This explains the Extra clip :)

Yup, I guess that explains it more.

31816206.8856c4.jpg

So many goofs this year! What a bunch of effing bullsh*t!

:laugh:

There are inconsistancies with editing, but as far as the differences. The girls are encouraged to do different thigs for each and not make it a carbon copy. Here's another difference: Ale in the first finale didn't have the cape, but she did in the second. Also the fireworks were only shot during the second taping (but that's understandable)

post-21980-1230567290_thumb.jpg

post-21980-1230567297_thumb.jpg

Some are goofs (ex: Ballet Miranda turning into Goddess Miranda) but others are just ways of seeing the differences between tappings (ex: models walking on alternating sides of each other). Some are minor continuity errors and others are continuity error explosions.

It just so happens that the show's editor(s) aren't as nifty and sly as they think they are.

I would have to disagree: the main goal of 99% of professional editing is invisibility (there's even a film-industry saying that the worst editing is the editing you notice), and if, of the 8.7 million people who watched the show, only a handful on this forum can point a few things out after numerous viewings, then the editors did exactly what they set out to do, and should probably be applauded for successfully putting together a show that's naturally going to be a continuity nightmare by no fault of theirs. Can you hate the style of the editing? Sure - I certainly did. But if between two takes edited together, a model isn't in the exact same spot relative to another model at a given moment during a song, the editor is the last person to blame and the first person to congratulate if only a few viewers notice the inconsistency.