Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

On 7/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, Matt! said:

Sushi-Sunday

Do you like bentos?

800px-bento_at_hanabishi-_koyasan.jpg

We used to have a restaurant selling some close to where I lived with my ex gf. It was pretty good and not that expensive (that stuff can get very very expensive). It was in market that was often overcrowded, but it was worth it. I kinda miss it. We used to go there on saturdays/sundays too.

I served the cake and made some errors.  12.5 teaspoons of pudding is simply too much for box cake mix and it started to collapse.  I had good results with 10 teaspoons and the rest was the tipping point. , I used twice as much cinnamon powder and the cake got way too crumbly.  Also I used a large turkey pan this time to do 3 cakes at once, this pan was very deep- so deep  that it took 1:30 to complete the cake rather than 50/55 minutes with a deep double cake pan.  Maybe my usual 5 eggs/cake could have given it enough structure to save them, I guess not.  

Still, the cakes were OK.   The cinnamon cake was too strong for me, others liked it.  The Butter cake is quite surprising.  It actually tastes and smells like butter but the "butter" flavor is artificial.  Perhaps it is similar to that used in butter substitutes.  I didn't like the cake very much but someone who likes this sort of thing may enjoy it.  It came out in better shape than the cinnamon cake.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:51 PM, Cult Icon said:

I am doing this brand next:

2017-07-01-19-58-40.jpg

My review of this frozen pizza: $8, 23 oz.  probably limited availability in the US but with good online reviews, claiming that this is one of the best if not the best frozen pepperoni pizza in the market.  

It has a medium crust, non-rising and a little stiff.  Average taste, inferior to Digiorno's but passable.  What makes this pizza brand stand out is the larger volume of toppings.  This one was completely covered pepperoni. The toppings to crust ratio is relatively high and this was somewhat oily. 

However, while visually the pizza looked very good the quality of the ingredients dragged down the pizza.  The cheese, pepperoni and sauce lacked flavor and lacked quality.  The generous quantity of ingredients somewhat offset the low quality but not well enough.  

Overall, this pizza was inferior in taste and quality than the popular Digiorno's rising crust brand, which I thought was quite good.  3.5 out of 5.  

I would give the Digiorno's Rising Crust Supreme a 4.5 out of 5. ($6.60, 28 oz)  As I posted before it tasted like a Costco supreme slice.  The only flaw was that the toppings could be more.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Matt! said:

How was it? You see that thing happening in the movies when people are reaaally hungry. 

eating the skin?

I rarely bake fish.  It was ok, the problem with baking is always the dryness and lack of penetration with the flavor.  I found it inferior to pan searedor in a soup, which is what I usually do.

I also did baked sweet potatoes 

6 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

eating the skin?

I rarely bake fish.  It was ok, the problem with baking is always the dryness and lack of penetration with the flavor.  I found it inferior to pan searedor in a soup, which is what I usually do.

I also did baked sweet potatoes 

Eating the fish raw (yeah, you baked it) :laugh:

Did you bake it too long? That usually dries the fish.

Sweet potatoes are really good. 

I baked it too long I think.  white fish is like chicken, it takes and improves the flavor of the seasoning.

I enjoy sushi too.

I did 2 more box cakes a few days ago, had my first box cake failure.  I think it was in the mix, it just didn't rise.