Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

3 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

did you eat all of this?  

1/2 of that is what I would like to eat

Heck yeah! 44 pcs goes down like nothing! :Angel:

5 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I have also baked bread recently since now I have yeast!

What about cakes? @Stormbringer's breads look pretty darn good. 

didn't bake the cakes yet.  May do it tomorrow.

Before I do those two, I want to do a trial run with a white box cake (with 5 oz. vanilla pudding mix, zero butter, whipped cream and sour cream for fat) to see what amounts are appropriate.

This is what I will do tomorrow:

1. 1/2 box white cake + 1/2 cup water +2 eggs + 1/3 cup sour cream  + 1/4 cup heavy cream  + 2.5 oz vanilla pudding mix

2. 1/2 box white cake + 1/2 cup water + 2 eggs + 1/3 cup sour cream + 1/4 cup butter  + 2.5 oz vanilla pudding mix

Crumb topping:  1/2 cup dark brown sugar + 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 Tablespoon cinnamon + 1/2 cup butter + 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

Butter is butter- makes the cake good and moist and is far superior to (yuck) vegetable oil.  

The heavy cream will be whipped-so the the volume will double.   According to the baker in her book Bakewise it will add a lot of air pockets which will be a leavening agent.    I am also going to separate the egg whites and whip them into white foam, to increase the air pockets.  

The taste of the heavy cream is a very strong milky taste.  The sour cream should add a little tang and the heavy cream should add the milky taste.  The pudding powder, which may be too much, will add a lot of sugar and vanilla flavor into the mix (the packet has some 120 grams)

Based on how these turn out I will adjust the ingredients for the next baking (I use 3 boxes at once)

I am lactose intolerant BTW so I have this to consider as well.

5 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Butter is butter- makes the cake good and moist and is far superior to (yuck) vegetable oil.  

The heavy cream will be whipped-so the the volume will double.   According to the baker in her book Bakewise it will add a lot of air pockets which will be a leavening agent.    I am also going to separate the egg whites and whip them into white foam, to increase the air pockets.  

The taste of the heavy cream is a very strong milky taste.  The sour cream should add a little tang and the heavy cream should add the milky taste.  The pudding powder, which may be too much, will add a lot of sugar and vanilla flavor into the mix (the packet has some 120 grams)

Based on how these turn out I will adjust the ingredients for the next baking (I use 3 boxes at once)

I am lactose intolerant BTW so I have this to consider as well.

Okay, thank you for the clarification and good luck! :smile:

I finished baking my cakes.

My review of the cakes while they are hot.  Will review again when they are cold (which should make their flavor less intense):

-Took 1:15 to prep.  Essentially it all turned into a very heavy and moist pudding cake.  Both of them.  They tasted more similar than different.  The whipped cream cake tasted a bit better than the normal one.  The taste of the sour cream seemed to have been submerged by the other flavors, I barely register it.

- The cake did not rise very much.  It was weighed down by the crumbs, fat and pudding.  Very rich and oversweet, to the point of being overwhelming. Strong vanilla pudding and cinnamon flavor. 

-The crumbs kind of sank halfway into the cake which made them ugly.  The crumbs are very oversweet- I will not follow this crumb recipe again and will probably increase the flour to sugar ratio.  Cinnamon flavor was strong as I like it.

-I will dramatically lower the amount of pudding powder next time, perhaps by 2/3rds.  

-The heavy cream cake noticeably expanded a lot more than the normal one.  So this method of whipping heavy cream for air pockets does work.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

I finished baking my cakes.

My review of the cakes while they are hot.  Will review again when they are cold (which should make their flavor less intense):

-Took 1:15 to prep.  Essentially it all turned into a very heavy and moist pudding cake.  Both of them.  They tasted more similar than different.  The whipped cream cake tasted a bit better than the normal one.  The taste of the sour cream seemed to have been submerged by the other flavors, I barely register it.

- The cake did not rise very much.  It was weighed down by the crumbs, fat and pudding.  Very rich and oversweet, to the point of being overwhelming. Strong vanilla pudding and cinnamon flavor. 

-The crumbs kind of sank halfway into the cake which made them ugly.  The crumbs are very oversweet- I will not follow this crumb recipe again and will probably increase the flour to sugar ratio.  Cinnamon flavor was strong as I like it.

-I will dramatically lower the amount of pudding powder next time, perhaps by 2/3rds.  

-The heavy cream cake noticeably expanded a lot more than the normal one.  So this method of whipping heavy cream for air pockets does work.

We could watch a photo

I am against celuliti, but today was my "bad" day

descarga.jpg