Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Jade 

As to Leo’s next project

I like the premise of The Wager , but , with the pace at which Scorsese starts / completes projects I’m hoping he starts a new project this year with some other director 

So with that said my 2 choices would be PTA project or Billy Summers

I’ve ordered the book , so soon I’ll know if I feel it is a  good role for Leo  :) 

So tomorrow I'll watch Titanic in cinema again after 11 (?) years 🍿 👇 Can't wait :ddr:

321185460_Screenshot2023-02-08at12-20-33StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.0f46b17cc1c7ed75b71f295b799a8ac7.png

Even though it's the movie with the most re releases it's still not my most watched Leo movie in cinema lol I'm curious if I notice any difference between the 2012 3D and the 2023 3D 😎

My local cinema is now showing the movie fully 2 WEEKS because of the high demand btw. This is how much Leos love life affects his career lol

Kate is involved. Like always. Leo isn't. Like always. So instead of speaking about his biggest legacy as an ACTOR and making good headlines he thinks it's a better idea to get papped with women younger than the movie and making bad headlines. Am I really the only one seeing the amount of irony here?

And yeah I will be forever salty that he just can't see how he could use this movie in so many positive ways for himself and his career. At this point my last little sympathy for his foolish attitude towards this movie is non existing anymore.

He wants to act and look like a fool? Congrats Leo you made it.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Screenshot_20230208-182622_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e5f0781f809bceacd2357833ba40de61.jpg

Watch the clip here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoaLYw-OSos/

Kate is involved. Like always. Leo isn't. Like always. So instead of speaking about his biggest legacy as an ACTOR he thinks it's a better idea to get papped with women younger than the movie. Am I really the only one seeing the amount of irony here?

And yeah I will be forever salty that he just can't see how he could use this movie in so many positive ways for himself and his career. At this point my sympathy for his attitude around this movie is non existing anymore.

I agree with all of this--- I think Titanic opened doors for him that were just incredible. 

4 hours ago, kellybsblover said:

I agree with all of this--- I think Titanic opened doors for him that were just incredible. 

He used this movie Only once when he had a foundation to encourage his guests to donate.  But, I always believe that he wants people to stop thinking that he is  that romantic guy  from Titanic!

9 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Kate is involved. Like always. Leo isn't. Like always. So instead of speaking about his biggest legacy as an ACTOR and making good headlines he thinks it's a better idea to get papped with women younger than the movie and making bad headlines. Am I really the only one seeing the amount of irony here?

And yeah I will be forever salty that he just can't see how he could use this movie in so many positive ways for himself and his career. At this point my last little sympathy for his foolish attitude towards this movie is non existing anymore.

giphy.gif

Agreed. But I can’t help but think it’s not the actual movie that keeps Leo away. I think James Cameron just pissed Leo off too many times. Scorpio is gonna hold a grudge. 😄

Jim Cameron's Titanic is an epic film. I think the picture's dimensions is most resonating. Cameron's version of retelling/revitalising the crews' and passengers' story is the heart. I know I have a love/hate dynamic with 1997's Titanic, but all in all I must concede to that fact, to that certitude that the film is GOOD. Although, I'll argue What's Eating Gilbert Grape and The Aviator are the main pillars which hold up his acting validity, Titanic deserves her kudos too. 

12 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

giphy.gif

Some people dont want to look back on what they did and just want to focus on what they are doing.

Box Office: ‘Magic Mike 3,’ ‘Titanic’ Re-Release Compete for No. 1 Spot Over Super Bowl Weekend

Forget the Super Bowl face-off between the Eagles vs. the Chiefs, the hottest weekend matchup is unfolding at the box office as several contenders — “Magic Mike’s Last Dance” and “Titanic” (yes, really) among them — compete for first place.

The third “Magic Mike” chapter, this weekend’s only new nationwide release, is expected to bring in $8 million to $10 million from 1,500 North American theaters in its opening weekend. At the higher end of estimates, “Last Dance” has a chance of bumping and grinding its way to No. 1. But at the lower end, it’ll run into Paramount’s 25th anniversary re-release of “Titanic,” which hopes to add $10 million over the weekend.

Elsewhere, “Avatar: The Way of Water” is looking to bring roughly $7 million in its ninth weekend of release, and Paramount’s octogenarian comedy “80 for Brady,” which has stayed strong in the days after its $12.7 million debut, is projected to collect around $8 million in its sophomore outing. It’ll be a close call between the top five movies in North America.

(...)

For the hopeless romantics, there’s no shortage of love stories on the big screen. “Titanic,” one of James Cameron’s several $2 billion-grossing blockbusters, is aiming for double digits as it sails to 2,400 Imax screens. Based on those estimates, the ill-fated romance of Jack and Rose is looking like it’ll outpace the recent re-release of “Avatar,” one of those $2 billion blockbusters from Cameron. The first trip to Pandora, which still ranks as the highest-grossing film in history, generated $10 million in North America and $20.5 million internationally during its theatrical re-issue last fall.

There’s a chance this is the weekend that “Avatar: The Way of Water,” another one of those $2 billion blockbusters from Cameron, overtakes “Titanic” as the third-biggest movie in history. “Avatar 2” has grossed $2.176 billion to date, while “Titanic” has generated $2.94 billion. Either way, it’s a good time to be James Cameron.

Source

‘Avatar’ Sequel Won’t Sink ‘Titanic’ As Third Highest Grossing Film

The battle for the bronze on all-time box office charts heats up this weekend, as Avatar: The Way of Water has one last chance to surge ahead of Titanic before that film sets sail again on a 25th anniversary voyage in one week. But unless it overperforms and defies the odds yet again, James Cameron’s blockbuster Avatar sequel won’t sink Titanic as the third-highest grossing film in cinema history. At least, not without a re-release of its own.

As of Friday morning, Avatar: The Way of Water needed about $64 million to top Titanic. This weekend, I expect The Way of Water t0 sail toward $8-10 million stateside and around $30+/- million internationally, so conservatively call it $35-40 million, cutting the distance between Avatar 2 and Titanic to somewhere between $20-30 million.

But if The Way of Water exceeds my estimates this weekend (and it’s been defying predictions all along), then the Avatar sequel might be able to narrow that gap to perhaps $20 million. And by the subsequent weekend, there should by my math only be somewhere in the neighborhood of perhaps $10+/- million or so left of Titanic’s box office lead.

Which is where things get tricky, because that’s the same weekend Titanic sets sail again in theaters in remastered 4K HDR 3D for its 25th anniversary. So just as Avatar: The Way of Water is finally about to pass it, Titanic’s box office will take off again.

So even in the event Avatar: The Way of Water has a big enough weekend and strong enough daily holds to actually top Titanic sometime next week, it won’t last long, because Titanic will enjoy bigger daily box office and with the numbers so close between the two films, Titanic has time on its side and will retake the #3 spot.

How long that situation lasts is anybody’s guess — and I think it won’t last long, since I anticipate at least one inevitable Avatar: The Way of Water re-release with extra footage later this year or sometimes in 2024 ahead of Avatar 3’s release — but from where I’m sitting now, it looks like Avatar 2 will not take the #3 spot on all-time box office charts from Titanic unless The Way of Water has far better than anticipated daily and weekend holds over the next several days until Titanic arrives in theaters.

Titanic has already had two prior re-releases, which combine for a total of more than $344 million, most of that from its 2012 3D release. And the film already holds up tremendously well, including its large number of complicated visual effects shots and CGI, so a 4K HDR release with higher frame rate in 3D is going to completely modernize it.

If Titanic manages to find a whole new younger audience who are wowed by the romantic story, the chemistry between its leads, and the eye-popping and heartbreaking tragic spectacle of the sinking, then that combined with its release for Valentine’s Day could help it beat expectations.

It’s a strange situation to be in, where anticipating a greater-than-anticipated outcome for one Cameron film means doubting another Cameron film’s ability to rise above expectations. It’s what you could call a Kobayashi Maru box office scenario — there’s no way to win, because either way you violate the cardinal rule of “Never doubt James Cameron” and you’ll inevitably be guilty of making that mistake one way or the other.

If Avatar: The Way of Water is still destined to eventually pass Titanic, the next film outside of Cameron’s own franchise capable of challenging either of those films will be Avengers: Secret Wars, which hits theaters in 2026.

That film will sport such a huge cast of Marvel characters old and new from across the multiverse it’ll make your head spin watching them team up and/or fight in the biggest MCU crossover event yet. Its predecessor, Avengers: The Kang Dynasty in 2025 will no doubt prove formidable and a massive billion-plus blockbuster, but I don’t think it’s a contender for the $2.2 billion tier of box office.

So by early 2027, the box office charts for the highest grossing films of all time will look something like this:

1. Avatar
  2. Avengers: Endgame
  3. Avatar: The Way of Water
  4. Avatar 3
  5. Avengers: Secret Wars
  6. Titanic

And that’s without considering where Avatar 4 will land on the chart, but it’ll be somewhere in the top-7 for sure — the question is whether it can top Titanic or whichever of the above six movies are sitting in the #6 spot at the time. But I have no doubt those are the six that will be there when Avatar 4 arrives, assuming it comes out in 2026 as planned.

So the top-7 will also include a fourth Avatar film, and in 2028 comes Avatar 5. All of these films are almost certainly going to exceed $2 billion box office, and we will have a top 10 all-time grossing films list that includes six James Cameron movies (including five Avatar films), three Avengers movies, and one Star Wars movie.

The only question is which Avatar sequels will have had enough re-releases to chart above the other sequels, and how high Avengers: Secret Wars climbs.

Notice, the entire top-10 will become a $2+ billion club by that point. And Disney will own eight of those ten spots. They technically “own” the first Avatar film now, but it wasn’t released by Disney so they can’t claim credit for that one, aside from some of its re-release box office, so maybe give them credit for 8.5 of the top 10 I guess.

Check back soon here for more updates on Avatar: The Way of Water’s historic box office run, Titanic’s 25th anniversary re-release, and more upcoming film releases and box office news.

Source

Disney Is Making 25th Anniversary Titanic Merchandise Now

It’s been widely speculated that Bob Iger overspent on the Fox acquisition, paying over $71 billion. Since then Disney is trying to leverage all the IP they now own anyway that they can. So now they are making 25th Anniversary ‘Titanic’ merchandise.

Shop Disney has just unveiled several anniversary pieces.

Let’s take a look!

Titanic 25th Anniversary Grand Staircase Clock – $215

titanic-clock.jpg?w=423&ssl=1

Titanic Sketchbook Set – $24.99

titanic-sketchbook.jpg?resize=1024,540&s

Titanic 25th Anniversary Mug and Plate Set – $29.99

titanic-cup-and-plate.jpg?w=620&ssl=1

Titanic Anniversary Baseball Cap – $29.99

titanic-baseball-cap.jpg?w=561&ssl=1

Titanic Anniversary Tea Set – $199.99

titanic-tea-set.jpg?resize=1024,551&ssl=

Titanic Anniversary T-Shirt – $44.99

titanic-25th-anniverary-t-shirt.jpg?w=56

Titanic Rebecca Hook Heart of the Ocean Necklace – $150

titanic-heart-of-the-ocean.jpg?resize=10

Source

Actually love the tea set 😍 I would also die to see Leo with this cap but I guess it's not his kind of humor LOL

Thanks @Jade Bahr Interesting article and Titanic goodies :)

It's a shame Leo was not part of the new documentary. In the long SAG Afra interview he said he was "proud of that movie". I can understand he did not want to just be the pretty boy from Titanic back then. But now everybody knows how talented he is and what he can do with his acting.  I would have loved if he showed some pride in being in one of the most beloved movies of all time.

46 minutes ago, akatosh said:

I can understand he did not want to just be the pretty boy from Titanic back then. But now everybody knows how talented he is and what he can do with his acting.  I would have loved if he showed some pride in being in one of the most beloved movies of all time.

Yep.