Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Guys I found the project I was talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's called BLOOD ON SNOW by Jo Nesbo.

The book, penned under Nesbo’s pseudonym Tom Johansson, centers on a hit man who falls in love with his boss’s wife after being assigned to assassinate her.

https://variety.com/2013/film/news/leonardo-dicaprio-books-jo-nesbos-blood-in-the-snow-1200748353/

Guess I have to read it finally lol

1725960997_bloodonsnow.thumb.jpg.30e1cda2728be6bc90e80bef0bdde759.jpg

Edit: I just bought it ☺️

51 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Guys I found the project I was talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's called BLOOD ON SNOW by Jo Nesbo.

The book, penned under Nesbo’s pseudonym Tom Johansson, centers on a hit man who falls in love with his boss’s wife after being assigned to assassinate her.

https://variety.com/2013/film/news/leonardo-dicaprio-books-jo-nesbos-blood-in-the-snow-1200748353/

Guess I have to read it finally lol

1725960997_bloodonsnow.thumb.jpg.30e1cda2728be6bc90e80bef0bdde759.jpg

Edit: I just bought it ☺️

Damn girl, you really found it! 😯

Thanks, everyone your input about Leonardo's possible interest. Books add depth, but I still hate reading. Anyway, giving my natural feelings toward reading I couldn't genuinely participate in @Lilja K's challenge, could I? Although intriguing. Switching gears, whilst I'm not thrilled about how far down he's entered this category, I am pleased he's acknowledged in the category at all. And, at least he's trickled through video, I guess. 😌.

11 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

Yeah, I saw this and thought, "Didn't Barbie express some kind of excitement toward her?". Yes, pics please. 

I really like Anitta. Some people might not like her (and she's criticized a lot, even in Brazil) her songs or how she shakes her ass, but none other Brazilian singer got soo big overseas, so I praise her for her sucess, plus she's a pretty smart woman if you ask me. 

And regarding Leo, she knows him from other events, last year she posted on twitter that she had a big conversation with him at one of the MET Gala after parties about Brazil's political situation and Amazon. She also asked Leo help to encourage young people to vote in last years presindencial election, and he tweeted about it in Portuguese (obviously with some help, hehe). 

MY source told me November, as well; although November isn't directly mentioned in your post. When I further harassed my source for details of the KOTFM release, November is all I got, and then, before Thanksgiving 🦃, American Thanksgiving that is. It is said that Scorsese likes holiday releases because they ensure larger crowds and it appears each season promotes certain genres (e.g., dramas--fall/winter; spring/summer--comedies and action). Waiting for the fall may help steer younger generations to see more dramatic films because the parents may be along? Summer kinda marks independence here in the States, even if it's only from June to September. Anyway, if this season thing is accurate and the before Thanksgiving declaration stands, maybe the release will be Friday, November 10th? 🤞

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Don't know if somebody had doubts but here's apples confirmation KOTFM comes out THIS year.

Screenshot_20230203-172201_Instagram.thumb.jpg.01a795c0ccf4397f4c1708bd7d1bb74e.jpg

Also lol to her song choice 😄 #titanic mood everywhere

1 hour ago, BarbieErin said:

I really like Anitta. Some people might not like her (and she's criticized a lot, even in Brazil) her songs or how she shakes her ass, but none other Brazilian singer got soo big overseas, so I praise her for her sucess, plus she's a pretty smart woman if you ask me. 

And regarding Leo, she knows him from other events, last year she posted on twitter that she had a big conversation with him at one of the MET Gala after parties about Brazil's political situation and Amazon. She also asked Leo help to encourage young people to vote in last years presindencial election, and he tweeted about it in Portuguese (obviously with some help, hehe). 

Unfortunately, I'm out of the loop 😞. I only heard of Anitta, here, on this thread 🧵. But I'm always certain that whomever Leonardo decorates himself with is more or less decent (even though I have doubts about Richie for more unobvious reasons) and humanely conscious. So, let's hope they are finally seen together, working together.

All I can say about Richie @Jade Bahr is he's a bit hypocritical in his humanitarian approaches. He has been known to make differences in women (i.e., in appearance) and certain ethnicities (i.e., in skin tone). One may say, "oh, what about Naomi Campbell?", and that same one should remind themselves of Naomi's status. It's nothing like planning a night of fun, getting dressed up and heading out only to be heckled because you're darker than preferred. But, you know, it's nothing like dealing with someone that lie 🤥 like they're telling the truth. But I'm NOT one to gossip. 

41 minutes ago, akatosh said:

But I guess the project is dead...

Maybe not entirely dead since we all know how long it takes to realize a project in Hollywood -and how many people comes and goes while this process- but the option to see Leo in it is for sure dead. Sadly.

But I'm excited to read the book 😃

So thx @Lilja K to making me read again with starting the whole topic :flower: Interesting discussion and thx all for the recommended books 📚

Always great to read news about new projects:

Warner Bros Takes Stephen King Bestseller ‘Billy Summers’, Bad Robot & Appian Way To Produce

While in development, the feature project will be produced by J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot and Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way. If this comes out great, it could be a project for Abrams to direct with DiCaprio playing the title character.

Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz are writing the screenplay.

This was originally packaged as a ten-episode limited series, shopped around to cable networks and streamers, as we first told you last February, but the decision was made that Billy Summers would work better as a feature.

Billy Summers is a hitman who is looking to retire and takes one last highly lucrative job to feather his nest. The job requires him to embed himself in a quiet town, where he pretends to be an aspiring writer (he actually pours himself into the prose). He sets up in an office with a direct view of where hitman Joel Allen will be delivered to face trial for shooting two men during a poker game. Allen also has committed enough murders for some high-level mobsters to be scared the gunman will incriminate his former employers to lessen his sentence. Summers, a meticulous craftsman, becomes more and more cynical about the mobsters who’ve hired him, and his skepticism is well warranted as things go awry following the job’s completion.

This will be Bad Robot’s latest adaptation with King, after series Lisey’s Story, Castle Rock and 11.22.63.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/stephen-king-billy-summers-warner-bros-bad-robot-leonardo-dicaprio-1235249142/