Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

What To Expect From Don't Look Up

The latest from Oscar-nominated director Adam McKay, Don't Look Up is a dark apocalyptic comedy with an all-star cast that's headed to Netflix.

Leonardo-dicaprio-what-to-expect-from-do

The latest from Oscar-nominated (and sometimes controversial) director Adam McKay, the upcoming movie Don't Look Up is a dark apocalyptic comedy with an all-star cast that's headed to Netflix. Beginning his career in the world of sketch comedy and improv, it's fair to say that most didn't expect McKay to eventually become a critically acclaimed filmmaker.

As funny as they were, McKay's early directorial efforts like Anchorman and Talladega Nights didn't scream "Oscar contender." Then, in the mid-2010s, McKay's career took a left turn. While he still makes comedies, they're much more dramatic than his earlier work, tend to be darker and more satirical instead of broad and fast-paced, and often tackle subject matter that's genuinely upsetting. 2015's The Big Short, which co-won McKay the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, looked at the 2007/2008 financial crisis, while 2018's Vice, which earned eight Oscar nominations, was a comedic biopic starring Christian Bale as former U.S. vice president Dick Cheney.

With Don't Look Up, McKay looks to continue his directorial career with another drama-tinged dark comedy in the vein of his last two films, this time with a sci-fi bent, and once again featuring a cavalcade of stars in the cast. Here's what we know about McKay's latest movie.

Don't Look Up Release Date

Don't Look Up, unsurprisingly considering its A-list director and cast, was originally planned to be one of Netflix's biggest movie releases of 2020. The plan was to shoot the film in the spring, then release it later in the year. That was until the Coronavirus pandemic greatly delayed the shoot. Principal photography wrapped in February, and Netflix currently plans to release Don't Look Up sometime before the end of 2021.

Don't Look Up Cast

Netflix-Dont-Look-Up.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w

Like Adam McKay's previous films The Big Short and Vice, Don't Look Up is absolutely bursting with talent in front of the camera. Leading the star-studded cast are Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence. The cast is full of recognizable faces, but some of the other big players include Jonah Hill, Ron Perlman, Timothee Chalamet, Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, Matthew Perry, Chris Evans, and even singer Ariana Grande. Also, Defenders actor Rob Morgan appears in his biggest role to date.

Don't Look Up Story Details

Jonah-Hill-in-Leaked-Dont-Look-Up-Teaser

In Don't Look Up, DiCaprio and Lawrence play Randall and Kate, a pair of astronomers who realize that a huge asteroid is going to hit the Earth, and mankind needs to prepare for apocalyptic repercussions if no action is taken to change things. The problem is, most people don't believe them, leading the pair to go out on a wall-to-wall media tour to try and get the world at large onboard. In today's society, in which baseless social media conspiracy theories are readily believed by many, and accomplished scientists get routinely snickered at, this is a frighteningly believable scenario.

How To Watch Don't Look Up

netflix-logo-Cropped.png?q=50&fit=crop&w

As mentioned, Don't Look Up is one of Netflix's movies coming during 2021. Since Netflix is far and away the streaming service with the most subscribers worldwide though, that likely won't be a problem for most interested viewers, as millions upon millions either subscribe to Netflix already, or share an account with someone who does.

Source

5 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

How can she be so frickin cool when he's standing right next to her with his shirt UNBOTTON???!!! :baronfaint::drool2:

Sometimes I think I objectifying this man a little bit too much :p

😍 he shouldn't be so fine☺️ and I'm looking at that pic again and I wish I was that lady next to him!

Thanks Sugarwater, ox, Lilja and Jade for the pics and news! I love Leo's hair :wub:

^Not sure about that. Numbers in germany are still rising. Sometimes I have the feeling we're never get rid of this virus. Then germany is facing right now some terrible weather dimensions and scientist saying it will be even worse in the future especially for europe #climate change sucks

I know people who LOST EVERYTHING in the last month(s), it's terrifying. Maybe that's the reason why I'm so tired/saracstic of all of it. So apologizing for being annoying lately :/

Speaking of that sh!t:

Wondering how Leos paycheck is looking then 🤑

Leo is "a wild one". You bet he is :eyebrows::D

‘Below Deck Med’: Katie Flood Shares Leonardo DiCaprio’s Yacht Preferences

The Titanic isn’t the only boat Leonardo DiCaprio is famous for enjoying (well, at least at first). The actor is no stranger to a yacht, and we learned even more about his boat behavior from Below Deck Mediterranean chief stew Katie Flood during the latest episode on Bravo.

As she sets the dinner table, second stew Lexi Wilson says, “I want to do a Great Gatsby party and I want Leo to be there,” and it is then we learn from Katie, “I met him, first boat I ever worked on at the Cannes Film Festival.” She then uses this information to bond with Lexi as the two are happy to gossip about what that experience was like.

“They said he likes to party there,” Lexi offers, and Katie confirms, “Oh, he does.”

“And he has lots of models,” Lexi continues, to another enthusiastic, “Oh yes he does,” from Katie.

“I heard about him from one of my friends that did Med boats,” Lexi tells her, but we’ve all heard about him, really.

In her interview, Katie shares, “First celebrity I ever met. First time on a yacht. I am fucking green at this point and the chief stew goes up to me and was like, I want to make sure Leo has a drink in his hand all night. I’m like, why the fuck is she trusting me?” But she seems to have aced the assignment!

“Loves a dart, loves a Bloody Mary too,” she tells Lexi of the actor’s yacht preferences.

“They say he is a wild one,” Lexi tells her. “Yeah, he’s outrageous,” Katie confirms. But for now, we’ll just hope he shows up on Below Deck Med someday…or we get invited to join him on a yacht, too. You know, whichever comes first.

Source

This movie character is so underrated 😍 #team roger ferris

Another underrated aspect is the dynamic between Leo and Mark Strong:

tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo9_400.gifv tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo10_400.gifv

tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo1_400.gifv tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo4_400.gifv

tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo5_400.gifv tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo6_400.gifv

tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo8_400.gifv tumblr_nm64xzumCM1r0wrzfo7_400.gifv

Source

How Martin Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ is changing life in a small community on the Kansas border

web-aug21-untitled-artwork-178-2048x1365 web-aug21-untitled-artwork-177-1024x683.

Illustration by Melanie Adlich

The wide brick street of downtown Cottonwood Falls, Kansas, is usually empty on week-days. So when two large white trucks slowly rolled to a stop in front of Rich and Denise Ullrich’s Tallgrass Antiques store this April, business transactions paused and a small crowd gathered. Movers carefully loaded the trucks with tables and chairs, wood stoves, bookcases, cupboards, beds, a wagon seat, office accessories, grocery store hanging scales, lamps and other household items. A few hours later, the cargo was heading south on scenic U.S. Route 177 toward I-35 and the Oklahoma state line, where it will be used in one of the most anticipated movies of this winter, Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon.

The movie, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, is being filmed mostly in northeast Oklahoma, right along the Kansas line. The scale of the project sent set designers scurrying into the Flint Hills—Rich had responded to an inquiry on his Facebook page from a buyer looking for items dating to the early 1900s through the 1920s.

“I was pretty surprised when he picked out a roll of red and green linoleum,” Rich says. The trucks soon left for Pawhuska, Oklahoma, and the Osage Nation, where journalist David Grann’s book Killers of the Flower Moon takes place. The story focuses on the systematic murders of what were probably hundreds of Osage people and the work of a young J. Edgar Hoover to create what would become the FBI.

Oil was discovered on Osage land in 1897, making the tribe extremely wealthy. It nearly destroyed them. During the 1910s through 1930s, non-members greedy for oil money shot, poisoned and blew up with dynamite members of the Osage Nation. Headrights gave the Osage a legal grant to tribal land and its mineral wealth, but it could be inherited by non-Osage heirs.

Killers of the Flower Moon relates the tragic story of Mollie Burkhart, a full-blood Osage, whose headrights made her one of the wealthiest women in Oklahoma. In the early 1920s, her mother died of an odd wasting illness, and her sister Anna was found shot to death. Mollie’s other sister, Rita, and Rita’s husband, William Smith, were killed along with their housekeeper when their house exploded. Mollie was suffering from the same strange symptoms that claimed her mother when the Osage Tribal Council called for help from the U.S. Bureau of Investigation.

Geoffrey Standing Bear, Chief of the Osage Nations, says that at least five percent of his people were assassinated and more than half lost their wealth. Most murders were covered up, misreported or never investigated.

“My great-grandfather Fred Lookout was Chief during that time,” Chief Standing Bear says. “He hired outlaws—men who wouldn’t hesitate to kill—to protect our family.”

Standing Bear says he inherited his great-grandfather’s determination to protect the Osage people: “The world does have evil places and evil people. The biggest crime is complicity. Almost everyone went along with the murders.”

He has given every member of the Oklahoma legislature a copy of Killers of the Flower Moon and sent copies to the gov-ernor and the lieutenant governor. “I tell anyone who wants to do business with us that the book is required reading.”

He has given every member of the Oklahoma legislature a copy of Killers of the Flower Moon and sent copies to the gov-ernor and the lieutenant governor. “I tell anyone who wants to do business with us that the book is required reading.”

Standing Bear noted the irony of the great oil and gas companies such as Phillips, Conoco and Getty making billions of dollars from Osage land while many of his people are living in poverty.He was cautious when Scorsese first approached him several years ago about making the movie.

“I asked him several questions,” Standing Bear says. “What about our language? What about our culture? Well, the Scorsese team has hired our language and cultural experts, and they have also hired sixty of our people not only as extras but as actors with speaking roles. Also, about a hundred of our people are working in set design and construction, which is a real boost to their income.” The Osage do not own the rights to the movie, but Standing Bear is especially pleased that his people are making blankets and traditional clothing and will be able to show their craft skills to the world.

Standing Bear said that Scorsese was attracted to the book’s portrayal of evil that can be perfectly disguised. “Of course, Martin is a great storyteller, and he was fascinated that some Osage elders had told me that they knew William Hale, a prominent local rancher who became a prime suspect, and that he was always so friendly and helpful. “I guessed that Leo DiCaprio would play the part of Tom White, the federal agent investigating the case, but Mr. Scorsese said he had something else in mind, and so did Leo,” Standing Bear said. “Leo wanted to play the part of Ernest Burkhart, Mollie’s husband.” Eric Roth’s script emphasizes the terrible dichotomy of love and greed that destroyed so many lives.

“When I last met Mr. DiCaprio a few weeks ago—he’s a very quiet, very serious gentleman—and mentioned that he’s playing an extremely challenging part, he said that he wanted a very deep role,” Standing Bear says. “I asked him who would be playing William Hale and he said, ‘My friend Bob De Niro.’” Filming began at the end of April. Standing Bear has been watching the rebuilding of a train station in Pawhuska and the recreation of the town of Fairfax, Oklahoma, where the Reign of Terror occurred. The $200 million project will be released either in late 2021 or, more likely, early 2022.

Standing Bear wonders if the movie will encourage the return of the Osage people who “have scattered to the wind.”

“We’ve been driven to the edges of the world, the places no one else wanted,” Standing Bear said. “Kansas City used to be part of our territory. Now half of our twenty-three thousand people live outside Oklahoma, but we’re trying to bring everyone back home.”

Source

Thanks for the articles and pics Jade and Lilja! 

I surely hope we will get a premiere and some interviews for don’t look up once it releases. Even if it’s maybe without fans and just some press people. 

I agree about Roger Ferris/Body of Lies. That movie is so underrated. 

Like  Brendan Fraser , new cast member John Lithgrow  will be playing a lawyer , but , whereas , Fraser's character is part of Hale's  lawyer team, Lithgrow will be part of the prosecution lawyer team

John Lithgow Joins Leonardo DiCaprio in Martin Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-lithgow-joins-leonardo-dicaprio-173015376.html

Thanks for all the updates. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

August 10, 2021

New Extras Announced
for Major Feature Film

The need for more extras have been announced for a major motion picture, now filming in northern Oklahoma.

In addition to filming, candidates will also be required to attend a costume as early as this week in Bartlesville, OK.

Filming will be in the Fairfax or Pawhuska areas of Oklahoma.

These need to be people who have not previously appeared in the film.

Since the film takes place in the 1920s, all men must have a natural hair color and cannot have close-cropped, faded or shaved sides of the head. Modern-day fade hairstyles cannot be used. Men with facial hair are fine, as long as they are willing to have their facial hair altered by the hairstylists on the film. This could mean shaving beards or mustaches and trimming them accordingly.

Women cannot have highlights, dyes or balayage. They should only have natural colored hair.

Compensation for fitting and pre-engagement covid testing is a minimum of $40.

Travel and lodging are not provided.

Covid testing is required, regardless of vaccination status.

PHOTO GUIDELINES
Photos submitted for consideration should be very natural selfies, not professional photography. Preferably no smiles. Women should have minimal or preferably no makeup, with natural hair, not styled in any way. SPECIAL NOTE: Please resize your photos to under 500KB, if possible. Photos over 500KB are sometimes passed over.

PHOTOS SHOULD BE SELFIES TAKEN TODAY.

PLEASE SEND A CLOSEUP AND A FULL BODY, AS WELL AS CURRENT PHOTOS OF THE SIDE AND BACK OF YOUR HEAD. NO HATS.

NO VISIBLE TATTOOS.

All shoot dates are approximate. The schedule may change due to weather, location availability, actor schedules or other factors. Do not submit if you do not have at least a little flexibility Monday - Friday.

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours of filming. Anything over 8 hours will incur overtime.

Pay for the fitting is $40, to include pre-engagement Covid testing.

Travel and lodging are not provided.

Covid testing is required, regardless of vaccination status.

PHOTO GUIDELINES
Photos submitted for consideration should be very natural selfies, not professional photography. Preferably no smiles. Women should have minimal or preferably no makeup, with natural hair, not styled in any way. SPECIAL NOTE: Please resize your photos to under 500KB, if possible. Photos over 500KB are sometimes passed over.

All shoot dates are approximate. The schedule may change due to weather, location availability, actor schedules or other factors. Do not submit if you do not have at least a little flexibility Monday - Friday.

BREAKDOWN OF UPCOMING ROLES

FILMING SEPTEMBER 2-3

OIL WORKERS - Males, 21-60. Thin build. Size 40 suit or smaller. They work the rigs and strike oil. These men will be covered in a substance that photographs as oil.

FILMING SEPTEMBER 7

BON-BON STAFF - Males and females, 18-50. These people work in a fancy bon bon shop in New York City.

FILMING SEPTEMBER 8

RADIO SHOW AUDIENCE - Men and women, 20-80. These persons attend a New York City radio broadcast. They need to have a big city and not rural appearance.

RADIO SHOW CREW - Men, 25-40. These men work the crew of the radio broadcast.

FILMING SEPTEMBER 10

GOLFERS - Males, 30-60. Must be actual golfers. Please list years of golf experience and level of play in your submission.

CADDIES - Males, 20-40. Golfers preferred but not necessary. Will be carrying golf clubs.

Some interesting aspects about Leo (the actor) especially the little thing he does with his hair not only in character but as Leo too :p

Leonardo-DiCaprio-TIFF-September-2016.jp divest51.thumb.jpg.394608623e0a0fe2800fa79253133c74.jpg 2084779407_leostrokeshishair.thumb.png.ff8225d3608abdc305a50c0ebbd08ac8.png

It’s hard to have a conversation about the film industry or Hollywood careers without mentioning Leonardo DiCaprio. This man came into this world with a script in his hand and fire under his ass. It is so clear that he pours every bit of himself into each character he portrays because everything about the character is so real. There’s this thing I’ve noticed that he does when he (his character) is frustrated - he slicks his hair back with one hand. It’s such a minute detail but it adds a bit of him to every characters he portrays.

littlethingsleodoesinhisfilmhandgesture-1.thumb.gif.b669d11cf3efacca08779484ce225ec1.gif

littlethingsleodoesinhisfilmhandgesture-2.thumb.gif.b275bfdf5ce135d61919698e774e2b65.gif

littlethingsleodoesinhisfilmhandgesture-3.thumb.gif.39ccb62721648723c13253072372adec.gif

The Wolf of Wall Street is my [A] favourite performance by him, the only movie that could possibly compete is The Aviator. Then there’s Shutter Island, its beauty is in the little details in both the cinematography and the character. There are a million Reddit posts on all the little things you most likely missed during the movie - even if you’ve seen it 3 times.

We have very different opinions on Leonardo but I [A] think the one thing I would knock him down on is his versatility. It’s almost like if you randomly select 3 Leo movies he will be a rich man (always before the 2000s) going through something in at least one of them.

What’s your favourite Leonardo DiCaprio movie?

734998846_Screenshot2021-08-11at11-36-17ScreenWhoresaufInstagramItshardtohaveaconversationaboutthefilmindustryor....thumb.png.7e45cd03c097edd1e3cd754cd0689afb.png

Source

21 hours ago, akatosh said:

Thanks for the articles and pics Jade and Lilja! 

I surely hope we will get a premiere and some interviews for don’t look up once it releases. Even if it’s maybe without fans and just some press people. 

I agree about Roger Ferris/Body of Lies. That movie is so underrated. 

Thanks all for the updates

I don’t really know about premieres but I was looking at pictures on instagram and there was a big premiere for the Suicide Squad movie with fans and no masks and I saw Margot signing autographs for fans without masks so idk about USA but maybe until DEC things will be better