Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Just now, SweetGaby said:

The point is everytime someone is on this level of sucess, a lot people appears to try to dismiss their work. 

It happens everytime, and at this moment, no one is bigger than Leo. 

But I can say, the support and love is much bigger. 

That's true, Gaby. 

1 hour ago, Shandy said:

I'm just so overjoyed. If we're talking about cinematic icons, there's Brando, then there's DeNiro, and then there's DiCaprio. He's part of that gold standard, and I can't think of a single actor primed to continue that tradition after him. I see him as our last acting great.

@Shandy YOU SAID IT ALL :PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2:

If Leo doesn't deserve an Oscar then who deserve it, seriously? Even without being a fan of his work nobody can't denied that Leo is the biggest, most unique and successful actor on this planet right now. He is moving people (audience and critics) with his work for over 20 years no matter how non commercial his movies are. Without Leo "The Revenant" wouldn't be the same and alone this makes it for me oscarworthy. I mean nobody would care if Trumbo or Jobs would be play by another actor. Actors like Fassbender and Cranston are replaceable, Leo isn't ...

Thanks ALL for the great updates. Can't wait for sunday!!!

Speaking of of people worldwide supporting Leo & wishing to celebrate the moment he wins an Oscar , the article below talks about fans in Ireland meeting at the Spire  if he wins, as well as , there are planned events to mark the occasion in Madrid & Barcelona

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/irish-fans-are-meeting-at-the-spire-in-dublin-if-leo-wins-the-oscar-721611.html

Barbie

Tks for news of them changing the name of the Odeon Theater at Leicester Square to Leodeon , how sweet :heart:

Also, tks, for assorted other vids & Leo & Margot pix :)

SweetGaby

Ditto :)

The point is everytime someone is on this level of sucess, a lot people appears to try to dismiss their work. 

It happens everytime, and at this moment, no one is bigger than Leo. 

But I can say, the support and love is much bigger.  

Shandy

If we're talking about cinematic icons, there's Brando, then there's DeNiro, and then there's DiCaprio. He's part of that gold standard, and I can't think of a single actor primed to continue that tradition after him. I see him as our last acting great. 

5 hours ago, Shandy said:

I'm just so overjoyed. If we're talking about cinematic icons, there's Brando, then there's DeNiro, and then there's DiCaprio. He's part of that gold standard, and I can't think of a single actor primed to continue that tradition after him. I see him as our last acting great.

You said everything. Couldnt agree more. :hehe:

I saw many events on facebook saying that if leo wins people will celebrate on public places.

There is one in my city, Sao Paulo, just for fun of course, but is pretty adorable to see how many people, who are no movies fan, but who are so happy and cheering for him. 

As Jade Bahr said, leo is unreplaceable and is pretty amazing to see what he does to movie industry. we are all very lucky to live in the same time as this man, people will talk about him for a very long time. 

32 minutes ago, SweetGaby said:

As Jade Bahr said, leo is unreplaceable and is pretty amazing to see what he does to movie industry. we are all very lucky to live in the same time as this man, people will talk about him for a very long time. 

Ditto :PinkCouture2:

Oxford

thanks for the news/link :flower: 

I LOVE the support that Leo is getting worldwide :heart::heart::heart:

Jade

very well said honey & yes,he still looks good even with that make up :wink:

thanks for the pic:flower:

About the Oscars, regardless if he wins or not it isn't going to change how respected and loved he is not only by people he is in the industry, but moviegoers everywhere. PEople will always go see a Leo movie because the love him as an actor and knows he delivers everytime :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Still good looking :p

Am I the only one who sees a little heart on his cheek? :heart:

Just now, SweetGaby said:

I saw many events on facebook saying that if leo wins people will celebrate on public places.

There is one in my city, Sao Paulo, just for fun of course, but is pretty adorable to see how many people, who are no movies fan, but who are so happy and cheering for him. 

Ah, I wanted to be in São Paulo too...  :D but anyway, it's just so amazing the amount of support Leo have all around the world, the power of Leo.    :excited:I don't remember this happening to any other actor.  

Excerpt from recent interview with Maggie Smith, she talks about their BAFTA kiss , as well as, Leo as an actor

Posting link to article below , she starts talking about  Leo around 30 minute mark if you want to listen to her comments, plus the interview itself is very interesting as she discusses her famous roles , pressure of acting, and what it must be like for people like Leo dealing with today's world of social media/cellphones, etc

Leonardo DiCaprio was just 19 years old when he earned his first Academy Award nomination, for portraying a developmentally disabled young man in the drama What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. Two decades and five nominations later, he may finally be on the cusp of his first Oscar win with his role as a vengeful frontiersman in The Revenant — and he has at least one British dame in his corner.

Acclaimed actress and two-time Oscar winner Maggie Smith recently expressed her admiration for DiCaprio during a wide-ranging interview with NPR’s Fresh Air.

“You just think, God, what he went through in that movie,” Smith said of DiCaprio and The Revenant, which was shot in famously grueling conditions.

Smith went on to say she’s a longtime fan of DiCaprio, with whom she recently shared a peck on the cheek for the BAFTA Kiss Cam.

“That was the thrill for me, a real thrill because I think he’s a terrific actor,” she said with a laugh. “I’ve been rooting and voting for him since [What’s Eating] Gilbert Grape. I thought he was so amazing in that one. He was a young man, really very young boy, wasn’t he?”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/23/maggie-smith-rooting-for-leonardo-dicaprio-oscars

Kat

About the Oscars, regardless if he wins or not it isn't going to change how respected and loved he is not only by people he is in the industry, but moviegoers everywhere. PEople will always go see a Leo movie because the love him as an actor and knows he delivers everytime :thumbsup: 

8 hours ago, oxford25 said:

The article shows pix of the 200 people waiting in Georgetown last night hoping to see Leo when he left the 1789 restaurant :p 

http://thetab.com/us/georgetown/2016/02/23/leonardo-dicaprio-georgetown-last-night-2119

oh wow ! when you know how much he likes his privacy he must have been pissed lol but hey, you can't be the best of the best and expect people to be chill around you

Interesting interview with Leo's Oscar nominated makeup person Sian 

She explains how for his Hugh Glass characters she  made changes in his teeth , nose and jaw line appearance,  as well as,  painting different colors of grey into his beard

I spoke to Robert Pandini who did a lot of the hair, and he talked about the fact that Alejandro found it important to connect those hair decisions to the character’s own personal history. Did you do that with Leo at all or was it sort of all based on the story of the film?

Before the bear attack, we established Leo as a character. Kathy Blondell did his hair, a fabulous job, she’s a brilliant hairdresser. So, to start with, my brief was that he’s to look like a real tracker. He’s spent quite a hard life in a wilderness and they’ve been on this fur trapping expedition for a year already. So all the dirt had to look really ingrained. Leo wanted to do the entire film with an underbite, which meant jutting his jaw out. And I said, “It’s going to be so uncomfortable and you’re going to forget. Let me see if I can come up with something with teeth.” So, from his idea, I went to a brilliant guy in Britain called Fangs FX, who made my teeth for me, and they made me a few options. I had them build up the height of his lower teeth and project them out a little bit to give his jaw a protruding effect. I also put a nose augment in to change the shape of his face a bit. It’s subtle, but it does make a difference. And then, I had to do loads of weathering.

You had to make him less handsome, I suppose.

He’s an L.A. boy, he’s never had to work in the wilderness, or have his skin ruined, so I had to put that in there. There were a few scars I did, lots of nicks in his hands. Alejandro wanted me to age him a bit, so I did that too, and the beard had to be greyed every day, which involves painting individual hairs with three different colors of grey. There’s a lot of work that nobody would have any idea was on there, but if it wasn’t on there, he’d look like an L.A. boy in a period costume. For the dirt, I used a certain type of dirt on his hands because it could stand up to being in the rain, and for his neck, I used a different type so it would go into the creases of his neck, and then I used something completely different on his face. It’s all that layering up that helps turn somebody into the character. Hopefully nobody notices it’s there, but I promise you, if he just stepped into his costume, you'd be like, “Well that doesn’t look right.” [laughs] It’d look really odd. But that’s sort of what I love to do.

http://www.wheretowatch.com/2016/02/revenants-oscar-nominated-makeup-artist-sian-grigg-talks-dirtying-dicaprio

Marinebing & Sweet Gaby

As to Georgetown crowds,  personally, I think Leo was probably surprised that many people would come out just in hopes of getting a glimpse of him , it speaks to his enduring popularity with the public :)