Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks everyone for all the updates and the comments, loved reading all of them.

I'm officially abstaining from the Internet today until after the big ceremony  (except this site)  because everything has really become so mean-spirited.The takedowns are downright rude and insulting. I know it comes from a really deep-seated resentment especially at where Leo is now -- he has everything, and he knows it. I've always sensed some resentment from the media about Leo because he doesn't play the game because he doesn't need to and the Oscars is the only venue where they are expecting him to throw himself to them and give them access he has denied for so long.  Bu the extraordinary success of the movie meant he didn't have to resort to that. And if and when he wins on Sunday, what opportunity is left to knock Leo from his pedestal?

he may not be the nicest guy around but he's always been professional. He may be a douchebag and a perv for all we know, but even if true, he has never let a movie, a co-star or a junket down by unprofessional behavior. He is larger than life, but the guy is also human so i imagine all the public insults hurt him. I am really bummed by the level of cattiness I see, more so since they are directed to a guy who does not defend himself from these attacks.

anyways, a win will be great but if he doesn't I have about five movies I can binge on to remind myself that I love him as an actor with or without a freakin Oscar. Gee, I just want this season to be over - I.ve never seen him targeted this much!

He's targeted because he's the favorite, of course I hate the fact that some articles or people are bashing him... but unfortunatelly this is what happens when someone is on the spotlight like Leo's in right now, in this season he's the biggest STAR.  Don't forget people are envy, jealous and can be very mean when they want...  But to tell you guys the truth, I'm not reading or watching anything that have negativity, I'm avoiding negative and only enjoying the positive, because haters gonna hate and I don't care about them or what they think.   :Amelie_wft:

But whatever happens, Leo knows how talented and loved he is and his fans know too.  :smile:

Jon Favreau praises Leonardo Dicaprio

From his Titanic co-star Kate Winslet to actor and nominee Eddie Redmayne, several Hollywood celebrities have come out in support of Leonardo DiCaprio taking home his first Academy Award this year. Now actor and director Jon Favreau has also joined the chorus, saying The Revenant was a wonderful film and DiCaprio deserves an Oscar for his performance.
Read more here:

http://www.thestatesman.com/mobi/news/entertainment/jon-favreau-praises-leonardo-dicaprio/125996.html

Thanks dear Leo fans 4 da updates:flower:

People can be so ungrateful, it's unbelivable. I mean there's a young, successful actor truly gifted with an outstanding talent who saved hollywood practically alone for only making superhero movies and franchises bankable. So instead of spreading hate they should be thankful because Leo is the living proof that hollywood has still a soul. #TeamLeo

Thanks everyone for the updates! :flower: 

The nerves are really setting in. Last night I had a dream that Matt one and it was just a nightmare :laugh:  

Curious, ahead of the Oscars I think it would be fun for each of us to compile a little list. The first list, name off your top favorite Leo performances, where it really just showcased his amazing talent and everytime you watch it you get blown away with his acting, with #1 being your favorite, and #10 being your least favorite (feel free to list more or less than 10 :p ). Then the second list, do the same thing and name off your top favorite Leo films (movies that you think are amazing and could watch over and over again regardless if it was Leo's best performance).

Top Favorite Leo Performances:

1. Catch Me If You Can

2. The Aviator

3. Whats Eating Gilbert Grape

4. The Departed

5. Wolf of Wall Street

6. Django Unchained

7. Blood Diamond

8. Gangs of New York

9. The Revenant

10. Revolutionary Road

11. Shutter Island

12. Romeo And Juliet

13. Titanic

14. The Beach

15. J. Edgar

16. The Great Gatsby

17. Inception

18. Body of Lies

19. Basketball Diaries

Top Favorite Leo films: 

1. The Departed  (by a lot. My favorite Leo-Marty Collab)

2. Titanic

3. Catch Me if You Can

4. Gangs Of New York

5. Wolf Of Wall Street

6. Shutter Island 

7. The Great Gatsby

8. Inception

9. Django Unchained

10. Blood Diamond

11. The Beach

12. Romeo and Juliet

13. Revolutionary Road

14. The Aviator

15. The Revenant

16. Whats Eating Gilbert Grape

17. The Basketball Diaries

18. Body Of Lies

19. J. Edgar

From today's USA Today

ACTOR

Bing: The Revenant’s Leonardo DiCaprio commands a 73% win probability over The Martian’s Matt Damon (9%), The Danish Girl’s Eddie Redmayne (7%), Steve Job’s Michael Fassbender (6%) and Trumbo’s Bryan Cranston (5%).

Vegas: “There’s no such thing as a sure thing,” says Avello. “But DiCaprio is as big a favorite (1 to 20 odds) as we’ve ever had.”

Pundits: All 27 GoldDerby experts have chosen DiCaprio. "That's a slam-dunk shoe-in," says O'Neil.

Sweet Gaby

Yes,  I'm  looking forward to seeing Leo & Tom together again at Armani event , love their bromance

My favorite YouTube video continues to be the one of Leo & Tom goofing off in between filming at LAX for Inception :heart:

Barbie

Yes,  from the article it sounds like being Leo's assistant would be great fun  :) 

Thanks for all the wonderful videos :p 

Lakemeader

Tks for Variety article ;) 

LeoLover

Tks for Jon Favreau/Leo/Oscar remarks :) 

Kat

Great idea about Leo movies and performances, I'll have to think about and return later with my list  :) 

Saturn movie awards 2016 nominations. Leo and the film are nominated. Very different choices in regards to the other names nominated

Best Comic to Film Release:  Ant-Man, Attack on Titan, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Kingsman: The Secret Service , The Peanuts Movie

Science Fiction: Ex Machina, Jurassic World, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Martian, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Terminator: Genisys

Fantasy:  The Age of Adaline, Baahubali: The Beginning (BOLLYWOOD), Cinderella, Goosebumps, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, Ted 2

Action/Adventure:  Everest, Furious 7, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, The Revenant, Spectre, Spy

Thriller: Black Mass, Bridge of Spies, The Gift, The Hateful Eight, Mr. Holmes , Sicario

Horror:  Crimson Peak, Insidious: Chapter 3, It Follows, Krampus, The Visit, What We Do In the Shadows

Best Supporting Actor:  Paul Bettany (Avengers: Age of Ultron), John Boyega (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Michael Douglas (Ant-Man), Adam Driver (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Walton Goggins (The Hateful Eight), Simon Pegg (Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation), Michael Shannon (99 Homes)

Best Supporting Actress: Jessica Chastain (Crimson Peak), Carrie Fisher (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Evangeline Lily (Ant-Man), Lupita Nyong’o (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Tamannaah (Baahubali: The Beginning), Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina)

Best Performance by a Younger Actor:  Olivia DeJonge (The Visit), James Freedson-Jackson (Cop Car), Milo Parker (Mr. Holmes), Elias & Lukas Schwartz (Goodnight Mommy), Ty Simpkins (Jurassic World), Jacob Tremblay (Room)

Best Writing:  Guillermo del Toro, Matthew Robbins (Crimson Peak), Alex Garland (Ex Machina), Drew Goddard (The Martian), Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn (Kingsman: The Secret Service), Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly (Jurassic World), Lawrence Kasdan, J.J. Abrams, Michael Arndt (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), George Miller, Brendan McCarthy, Nick Lathouris (Mad Max: Fury Road)

International Film:  The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared, Goodnight Mommy, Labyrinth of Lies, Legend, Turbo Kid, The Wave

Best Director:  J.J. Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Guillermo del Toro (Crimson Peak), Alex Garland (Ex Machina), George Miller (Mad Max: Fury Road), Peyton Reed (Ant-Man), Ridley Scott (The Martian), Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World)

Best Actress: Emily Blunt (Sicario), Jessica Chastain (The Martian), Blake Lively (The Age of Adaline), Daisy Ridley (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Charlize Theron (Mad Max: Fury Road), Mia Wasikowska (Crimson Peak)

Best Actor:  Matt Damon (The Martian), Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant), Taron Egerton (Kingsman: The Secret Service), Harrison Ford (Star Wars: The Force Awakens), Domhnall Gleeson (Ex Machina), Samuel L. Jackson (The Hateful Eight), Paul Rudd (Ant-Man) 

This oscar voter wasn't a fan of The Revenant but is still voting for Leo and Lubezki.

Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot No. 2:

Best Picture:

I loved Birdman and I couldn’t wait for [Alejandro G. Inarritu’s next film] The Revenant, but I’m not a fan. I liked Leo [DiCaprio] and the cinematography better than I liked the movie, which I just felt was over the top — I don’t believe for one minute that someone in that condition could go over a waterfall in sub-zero conditions and survive. I’m also really bored with the publicity about how hard it was to make it — why the f--- didn’t you get a better location manager then? I watched The Big Short twice because I had a hard time figuring out what was happening, and I’m nobody’s fool; I’ve decided that I actually liked it, but I don’t really think it’s a best picture for me.

I loved Bridge of Spies — it’s a wonderful kind of fifties movies, predictable but well done — but it’s not really a breakthrough in any sense. I was not a fan of Brooklyn — I hear the book was quite good, but I was bored to tears by the movie; this immigrant girl comes and everything wonderful happens to her and so what? The Martian was entertaining enough, and I loved Matt Damon, but it was basically Cast Away on Mars, and you knew where it was heading from the very start. I like Spotlight, I respect Spotlight, but I don’t think Spotlight benefits from its frequent comparisons to All the President’s Men; I wish they had spent less time on investigative reporting and more time on the issue of sex abuse, which needs a spotlight much more. I thought The Room [sic] was amazing — it’s just two people in a room for the first half, but you’re riveted, and then you get out of the room and you’re even more riveted, if you can believe it! The performances were that amazing. When I saw it I thought it might be my favorite of the year. But Mad Max: [Fury Road] is one of the most extraordinary films I’ve ever seen — it’s so imaginative that it just takes my breath away. This is not just an action movie, although it has great battle sequences; it makes comments on women and it’s so deep and has so many layers.

My vote: (1) Mad Max: Fury Road; (2) Room; (3) The Big Short; (4) The Martian; (5) Spotlight 

Best Actor:

I haven't seen Trumbo [so I won't be voting for Bryan Cranston]. [MichaelFassbender wasn't that memorable to me [in Steve Jobs] — I read that book [Walter Isaacson's Steve Jobs] and I didn't want it to ever end, but I couldn't say that about the movie. Eddie Redmayne wasn't nearly what he was in the last one [The Theory of Everything, for which he won last year's best actor Oscar]. Matt Damon [in The Martian] pulled off the person-all-alone thing very well. And, while I didn't love The Revenant, I will admit that Leo did a hell of a job on that. Those two were my favorite.

My vote: Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant)

Best Cinematography:

As I said, I didn't see The Hateful Eight, so we'll have to eliminate that. I can see why Sicario is here — it's gritty. But the cinematography in The Revenant is quite amazing, how they captured nature.

My vote: The Revenant

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/brutally-honest-oscar-ballot-no-869487/item/best-animated-short-best-documentary-869486

Great article about Leo and Oscar from  CNN 

Why Leonardo DiCaprio doesn’t need to win an Oscar

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) —

Leonardo DiCaprio has accomplished almost everything an actor can in Hollywood. He’s starred in blockbusters like “Titanic,” has worked with directors like Martin Scorsese, and played iconic roles like Jay Gatsby and Howard Hughes.

But DiCaprio has never won an Oscar.

DiCaprio has been nominated as an actor four times for roles in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape,” “The Aviator,” “Blood Diamond,” and “The Wolf of Wall Street.”

The star ended up losing to Tommy Lee Jones in “The Fugitive” in 1993, Jamie Foxx in “Ray” in 2004, Forest Whitaker in “The Last King of Scotland” in 2006, and Matthew McConaughey in “Dallas Buyers Club” in 2013.

He is nominated again at Sunday’s 88th Annual Academy Awards, and is the overwhelming favorite to win Best Actor for “The Revenant.”

DiCaprio is such a favorite to win that his victory has been predicted by Entertainment Weekly, The Associated Press, FiveThirtyEight, and USA Today. Online betting sites have put his odds at 1-to-100.

While there have been past nominees who were predicted to win and ultimately lost, a DiCaprio loss on Sunday would be a complete shock.

“People were predicting DiCaprio would win a year ago, and were pulling for him to win a year ago. I’ve never seen that,” said Tim Grey, the awards editor for Variety.

Grey said that winning an Oscar can change an actor’s career as well as their salary, which is why so many vie for the award.

But with DiCaprio’s résumé, the award may not change much.

He has already won multiple awards for his work, brought in over $6.7 billion at the worldwide box office, and is one of the most recognizable stars on the planet — going as far as to become an Internet meme.

So if he does go home empty handed on Sunday, it’s doubtful his reputation would be greatly impacted, if at all.

Plus, he would find himself in the company of some of Hollywood’s biggest names.

Actors like Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Cruise, Amy Adams, Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Bradley Cooper, Robert Downey Jr., Glenn Close, and Peter O’ Toole have all been nominated, but never won. In fact, O’ Toole, who starred in the classic “Lawrence of Arabia,” went 0 for 8 over his career.

Despite DiCaprio’s accomplishments, the Oscar will always be an important point of pride in the industry and for an actor’s career.

“I remember reading about Richard Burton, who went 0 for 7 at the Oscars, saying that he really hoped to win because he wanted the first line in his obituary to read ‘Oscar winner

Richard Burton’ rather than ‘Multiple Oscar nominee Richard Burton,'” Grey said. “We all grew up with the Oscars, it’s the pinnacle.”

If DiCaprio finally wins an Oscar on Sunday, the award would be more of an affirmation of an illustrious career rather than a defining moment.

And if he doesn’t, he’ll still be Leonardo DiCaprio — but just 0 for 5.

“He’s in that rarefied category,” Grey said. “Whether he wins on Sunday or not, he’ll still be a superstar.”

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/25/media/leonardo-dicaprio-oscars-the-revenant-academy-awards/

Guess Leo posed for this pix after one of the award shows 

Kat

Still working on my list /division :p 

Fash

Tks for Saturn Award nominees  and news of Leo's nod :)

Calibi

Tks for Oscar vote choices :)

Magali

Tks for Revenant wound pix ,  I really wish that Leo's makeup team would win  :)