Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Video of 29 minutes, rare cool stuff.  He appears first at 7:40.  

At 22:30 Sharon Stone have some nice words about Leo. And after that, some footage of Total Eclipse I've never seen, and Leo talking about Rimbaud.  And so cute Leo talking to director Agnieska.   :heart:

Thanks for the vid Barbie! The moments with Agnieska were priceless lol

This playlist has all the episodes of Parenthood (Leo's first TV show) I've seen them all before but I would love to see them again.... but it's blocked. I hope/wish there was still a way to get around the restriction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLDF766361789143BF&params=EAEYATgBSAFYKWILaWlKQ1N0ZTBVWFFoJw%253D%253D&v=daG30qV8DjI&mode=NORMAL

OMG!!!!!! This cant be real i mean its been almost a year that shooting has started i cant believe they are not done yet :( i hope leo doesnt have anymore scenes to shoot but i doubt so since he is still keeping his looks this has to be leo's longest shoot i think

I sure hope this latest post from Revenant production member doesn't mean there is more filming to do , sure sounds like that is what he is saying I%20dont%20know.gifI%20dont%20know.gif

Hope he just means some more work on production end not more filming for Leo

5m

arthur_toGiant unload of cases from Argentina after clearing customs and the Revenant is finally over... wait- no. Nevermind. Prepping for the final leg of our shoot. Fforeverant

#setLife #KeslowCamera #arri #arrialexa #theRevenant

post-42953-0-1446088253-1791_thumb.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhh......................wut. 

Hopefully this is just some extra scenery shots or just some minor touchups that don't involve Leo. Damn Had a feeling they weren't exactly done, I expected last time to hear "Well thats a wrap" and "its official" but nobody was really saying that or seemingly celebrated, etc. 

Recent email interview with Leo via EW

I see Lisa posted the one EW they did with Inarritu above

Leonardo DiCaprio on his maverick Revenant director Alejandro Iñárritu

The veteran actor dishes on his lengthy adventure with the Oscar-winning director

by Nicole Sperling

No actor signs up for an Alejandro Iñárritu project looking for a boondoggle. The Academy Award-winning director has made a name for himself by demanding a level of excellence from all those around him. In the case of his last film Birdman – which won four Oscars – he pushed his actors to memorize reams of dialogue for his long tracking shots. For his new film The Revenant, Inarritu trekked to the most remote locations he could find in Canada and relying on only the natural light, challenged his actors with lots of rehearsal so that when the time was right he could capture the moment in very few takes. The method was difficult but rewarding, especially for his lead Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays Hugh Glass, a fur trapper and hunter who is left for dead by his fellow hunters (Tom Hardy, Domnhall Gleeson) after a bear attacks him in the wilderness. We tracked DiCaprio down in Argentina, where the actor had recently decamped with Iñárritu and the rest of the cast to film their final days in the snow on the Ushuaia Peninsula. Below are the excerpts from our e-mail chat.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How would you describe Alejandro’s filmmaking style?

DICAPRIO: Alejandro is a bold and fearless director. He’s a creative force who fights for what he wants to see up on screen and works tirelessly until it’s a part of his vision. For The Revenant, he really wanted to create an almost subversive virtual reality, an existential journey of Hugh Glass that’s almost documentary-like in its approach. He depends on extensive rehearsals and works incredibly close with Emmanuel Lubezki (Birdman, Gravity) his cinematographer.

What was your first impression of Alejandro?

DICAPRIO: I heard about The Revenant – it had been a screenplay that developed a reputation for being difficult to pull off because of the far off locations in the wilderness. But the second I met Alejandro, he had such a specific vision for how he wanted the film to look and feel. He knew exactly how he was going to capture the gritty realism of this world. I knew he would be the perfect partner for this incredibly challenging journey.

EW: Were there specific films of his that you loved that prompted your desire to work with him?

DICAPRIO: I’m a huge fan of Babel. He is incredibly dedicated to bringing the truth to the screen. After my first reading, I knew that the film would take a huge amount of time and commitment. Alejandro’s passion for the material is ultimately what made me sign on. He was incredibly determined to make something extraordinarily unique.

EW: The constraints set forth by Alejandro (natural lighting, all exteriors, extreme weather) required you to have a tremendous amount of trust in your director and he in you. How did you two develop that trust?

DICAPRIO: I understood that in order for Alejandro to pull off some of these complicated sequences, everything needed to be very precise. The whole cast and crew rehearsed meticulously for months beforehand to meet his vision and make it all possible. Nearly everyday we reworked the choreography of the scene and shot it at a specific time of day when the natural light was at its best.

EW: What made you want to play Hugh Glass? Was it the character itself or more the challenge of playing a role in this style, very physical with little dialogue?

DICAPRIO: I was fascinated by [Hugh’s] journey. A man stranded in the wilderness after losing everything. Relaying that emotional journey and getting into his angst without a lot of words or interaction intrigued me. I’ve played a lot of vocal characters in the past, so this was something I really wanted to investigate: How to convey Glass’s complex emotions with very little dialogue.

EW: A lot has been said about the working conditions of the set and Alejandro told me himself that he made you guys “f—-in’ miserable”. How bad was it?

DICAPRIO: The entire cast and crew worked in tough conditions for long periods of time, there is no denying that. We all worked hard and we worked together – the result will be an incredibly powerful and memorable film, and that’s ultimately what we do this for, a great piece of art.

EW: Can you describe your worst day?

DICAPRIO: There were many very difficult days. Too many to count. But all of it is up on screen. That’s what is great about making movies.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/14/leonardo-dicaprio-revenant-director-alejandro-inarritu

Re: Leo /Revevnant filming or lying low ???

If Leo is still doing any filming, we know it has to be indoor/interior shots , as they would not have left Ushuaia to they had all the 'snow/outdoor' scenes done

Otherwise , I agree , with fellow posters , he's just lying low

Barbie

Great video find , tks Flower%20for%20you.gif

Lisa

Tks for EW/Inarritu interview Flower%20for%20you.gif

EW article is an interesting read. Poor Leo talking about his hands :cry: Thanks girls!

Barbie I think thats Cali? Once again I just hope its some final touches/tying up some loose ends of the film. 

Anyways a Leo sighting from last night in LA, seeing a movie I guess because the girl also mentions the other celebrities she saw at Arclight theatre :hehe:

Sally the Kiwi ‏@cameronrblack  23h23 hours agoLos Angeles, CA
AND I WAS IN THE SAME BUILDINGG AS LEONARDO DICAPRIO

I guess this information is accurate because it's coming from Brad Weston, the CEO from New Regency, production company of The Revenant. 

Apart from a few days shooting the final battle scene in snow in Argentina at the start of August, all the rest of the work lies in the editing room, Weston said.

That means, he added, that there's no reason now why DiCaprio can't shave off his beard as there are no planned re-shoots, contrary to other published reports. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3200024/Studio-Leonardo-DiCaprio-s-film-Revenant-slams-untrue-fleas-beard-rumors-star-finally-finishes-filming-95-million-epic.html

Apparently it's a wrap for the actors.   :hehe: