Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Oh I thought Jade meant that she was disappointed that he still has the beard right now and he hasn't shaved yet, but maybe I misunderstood :hehe: Anyways, if this film actually happens... I wonder when they'll start filming it.

Wait, I misunderstood...   :nicole:  I just read her comment again and you're right fash.  I read so quick that I got the wrong meaning. 

Oh I thought Jade meant that she was disappointed that he still has the beard right now and he hasn't shaved yet, but maybe I misunderstood :hehe: Anyways, if this film actually happens... I wonder when they'll start filming it.

Wait, I misunderstood...   :nicole:  I just read her comment again and you're right fash.  I read so quick that I got the wrong meaning.

Haha, oh OK :p :flower:

The best news of the summer , Leo, Scorsese =Devil in White City make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese, Billy Ray Team For ‘Devil In The White City’ As Paramount Wins Auction

EXCLUSIVE: A killer role that Leonardo DiCaprio has wanted to play for a long time is finally coming to the forefront after Paramount just closed a splashy deal to acquire the Erik Larson book The Devil In The White City: Murder, Magic And Madness At The Fair That Changed America. There was a big auction that had five studios chasing and three bidding aggressively–Universal and Fox were the others–before Paramount captured a package that has DiCaprio starring and re-teaming with his The Wolf Of Wall Street director Martin Scorsese. Billy Ray will write the script. Appian Way’s DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson are producing with Stacey Sher, Scorsese and Rick Yorn. This is a big one for recently minted Paramount Film Group president Marc Evans; it’s expected to be the next collaboration for DiCaprio and Scorsese, who’ve made five films together.

Between book option and Ray’s writing fees, this is a solid seven figure commitment, and much more when the picture gets made. Paramount’s Elizabeth Raposo will oversee it with Evans.

DiCaprio will play one of the most prolific serial killers in Chicago history, the 19th Century equivalent of Hannibal Lecter. He has wanted this for a long time, but the project’s second wind occurred after Warner Bros let the rights lapse a month ago on the 2003 non-fiction book (Graham Moore was among the writers who did drafts) and came out of conversations with Par’s Brad Grey and Scorsese and Yorn about the studio being at the center of the next DiCaprio-Scorsese teaming, after the studio released The Wolf Of Wall Street and it got five Oscar nominations. Yorn, DiCaprio and Scorsese went out with a new take on the material from Ray that got everybody excited all over again. The trick with this property has been interlacing the two main characters, the producer/architect of the World’s Fair, and the man who works for him and turned out to be a mass murderer. Ray cracked that, and the town flipped for it.

DiCaprio will play Dr. HH Holmes, a cunning serial killer believed to have murdered anywhere from 27 to 200 people at a time when the city of Chicago was enthralled with hosting the World’s Fair of 1893. Holmes constructed The World’s Fair Hotel, an inn more lethal than the Bates Motel, especially for young single women. The sociopath used charm and guile to lure guests into what became known as a “murder castle,” a haunt that had a gas chamber, crematorium and a dissecting table where Holmes would murder his victims and strip their skeletons to sell for medical and scientific study.

It’s a departure for DiCaprio to play an unrepentant bad guy, but it goes well into a career full of risk taking that includes The Wolf Of Wall Street with Scorsese (for which both got Oscar nominations), and the upcoming The Revenant, the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed film for New Regency and Fox. Ray has been working with DiCaprio and Davisson as he wrote the script for The Ballad Of Richard Jewell, the film that will star Jonah Hill. He’s also writing Twilight Zone for Appian Way at Warner Bros. Ray wrote and directed The Secret In Their Eyes, which STX Entertainment releases November 20.

DiCaprio and Scorsese have made Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island and The Wolf Of Wall Street together. LBI reps DiCaprio, Scorsese and Appian Way, and CAA, Management 36o and attorney Peter Nichols rep Ray

http://deadline.com/2015/08/leonardo-dicaprio-martin-scorsese-devil-in-the-white-city-billy-ray-paramount-1201496941/

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

this is such an amazing thing !!!! so happy to find this news after 4 days without internet  :cry2:

Leo and Marty is just one the best combination ever they always bring the best in each other plus the sotyline is fantastic    :drool: im just in love with such a kind of characters  :D  :COP11:

As for The Revenant good to hear that the shooting is done but i expect him to keep the beard at least for a week or two 

thank you guys for the updates your the best  :doofywave:

Video & article of Leo & Irmelin leaving restarant in Ushuaia , this was the same restaurant that Barbie posted the article about

Also the article has the pix below of Leo on Revenant set

http://www.bigbangnews.com/farandula/Mujeres-Malbec-No-Leonardo-DiCaprio-ama-la-merluza-argentina-20150803-0057.html

There are countless ways to start a note about fanaticism aroused our "national fish" -the hake on the palate Leonardo Di Carprio. But all would permeable easy humor. So, we just refer to the descriptive. Here we go: yesterday night, the star of Hollywood, he returned to ask the chef (Gaston Fritz) the rest Kaupé, one of the most expensive and choice of Ushuaia, you prepare your favorite dish, black hake butter.

The actor and film producer arrived on a private flight Ushuaia last week to complete the filming of "The Revenant", a film directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, which opens on December 25 in the United States.

While recording the scenes in an environment below freezing and very similar to the best parts of Game of Thrones, Leo does not skimp on fun. He lives in a luxury hotel and closed several nights Kaupé for him and his team. It tasted delicious native crab, Patagonian toothfish watered with Rutini Chardonnay and, obviously, asked pancakes with caramel for dessert (in fact in the saying "pancake" menu). He paid about $ 1,000 for each guest who invited (just over $ 100 per head for the official dollar). Until now, the time it was closed the place for him and his guests

post-52324-0-1446088251-52252_thumb.jpg

Thanks to article below we now know more about the pix of Leo in Ushuaia that I posted the other day. It seems Leo had spent

his last day in Ushuaia (8/7) meeting with/interviewing Argentinian scientists for as part of climatec change documentary he is doing

The pix of Leo is on the boat with one of the scientists

Leonardo Di Caprio Argentine scientists interviewed in Ushuaia for his documentary on climate change

Northamerican actor Leonardo DiCaprio interviewed for five hours to Argentine scientists on his recent visit to the city of Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego, where the final part of the movie "The Revenant", directed by Mexican filmmaker Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu was filmed.

The star of "Titanic" took advantage of his stay in "World's End" to record scenes of a documentary on climate change, which produces its foundation, interested in global environmental issues.

DiCaprio did rent a catamaran on Friday 7 and while sailing through the Beagle Channel, between noon and five o'clock in the afternoon, we made reports at least three researchers from the Southern Center for Scientific Research (CADIC) under the CONICET, confirmed episode different sources to close friends.

One of the scientists interviewed by actor was the director of CADIC, the geologist Jorge Rabassa, while the others were Schiavini biologist and archaeologist Adrian Monica Salemme.

"It was five hours of interviews, in divided doses, and in a climate that is no different from that generated in any news story. If there is something to note is that never made us feel his celebrity status or a famous actor, "he said Schiavini in dialogue with Telam.

The doctor in biology and principal investigator of CONICET defined the report as "a natural conversation," but preceded by "a series of measures discretion, which were adopted by its characteristic as recognized person".

The catamaran left the port of Ushuaia toured several of the characteristic places to visit for tourists who hire the excursion in the city.

The production team took to film in detail the colonies of birds and mammals in the area, with the idea of "showing the effects of climate change on the southern atmosphere, both flora and fauna," summed Schiavini.

"As he came to be in Canada and in the Arctic, the idea was to contrast that experience with what happens in the world so opposed latitudes, but ultimately ended up talking about other environmental issues, such as soybean monoculture or fracking (the technique to increase oil and gas extraction), "added the scientist.

According to investigators, DiCaprio is no improvised on environmental issues and, on the other hand, said that in another stage of his life had wanted to be a biologist.

"I knew very well issues such as the evolution of the prehistoric fauna of America, and was well aware of what he was asking. Even he knew of issues such as increased emissions of methane from ocean temperature derivative. Was not shown in any way as an illiterate in environmental issues, "he said researcher CADIC.

The intervi

ew conducted by the actor on global warming ranged from melting glaciers to the effect of rising temperatures on the fauna of the area, through the interaction with the environment that kept the early inhabitants of Tierra del Fuego.

"In general we agree with him that, while climate change is produced by a natural effect, and not by human activity, it is undeniable that man has accelerated the process, so you can not deny human responsibility for the greenhouse gas emissions, "said the scientist.

The filming of DiCaprio became public after circulating on the Internet a picture of him on the catamaran, in which background he saw one of the Argentine researchers.

Schiavini said that in the hours that lived on the ship "spoke only of science" and that once returned to port, the actor and producers immediately went to the airport because they had to board the plane to leave the city.

http://vos.lavoz.com.ar/cine/leonardo-dicaprio-entrevisto-cientificos-argentinos-en-Ushuaia

post-52324-0-1446088251-53498_thumb.jpg

Re: Devil and White City below is pix of Henry Holmes and the infamous statement he made to police when captured

post-52324-0-1446088251-56892_thumb.jpg

Kat

Thanks for posting more information about Devil/Henry Holmes :)

I read the book and for sure Holmes was a man of contradictions , as throughout his murder spree he continued a normal relationship with

his ex wife and kids , as well as, had relationships with other woman , while at same time luring other woman to their deaths , after which

he would peel off their skin and sell their skeltons to medical labs

Rosco

Like you I would ,also, like the choice of either Cooper, Norton, or Bale for the role of Dainel Burnham . I just looked at their IMDB pages ,and if accurate ,they all seem to be 'free' to do a movie In 2016.

I'm sure , like all actors, all of them would love the chance to work with Scorsese, plus, I'm sure Leo enjoys working with fellow actors he is friends

with

Barbie

Love the pix of Leo with Sam Smith ; how adorable :)

I sure hope this latest post from Revenant production member doesn't mean there is more filming to do , sure sounds like that is what he is saying I%20dont%20know.gifI%20dont%20know.gif

Hope he just means some more work on production end not more filming for Leo

5m

arthur_toGiant unload of cases from Argentina after clearing customs and the Revenant is finally over... wait- no. Nevermind. Prepping for the final leg of our shoot. Fforeverant

#setLife #KeslowCamera #arri #arrialexa #theRevenant

post-52324-0-1446088252-27277_thumb.jpg