Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

^I haven't heard anywhere that hes taking five years off. In an recent interview, doesn't it state that hes only taking this year off? I thought I remembered that :) Also this year, hes got two movies to promote too, so it won't be a leo-less year :D

I love the new Lakers pics! He looks good in that hat :heart:

thanks a lot my girls for updates! :hug:

very interesting news!

imho that Jamie quote is fake,cuz seems he likes Leo quite a lot! :p

about Leo break, I also remembered, he's taking a year break, but now when he said, "long, long" break I'm kinda in doubts biut anyway don't think it will be five-year-break

hope he'll decide to make one very important "thing" during this break :brows: you know what I mean :brows: :nicole:

"I am a lot calmer. As a teenager I was full of energy and acting was the first thing I found to put that energy into,” he added. “I was insanely demanding, never would shut up or sit still. And my head was full of bad ideas - my mom could tell a lot of stories…"

So happy he can finally have some time off and spend time with friends :heart:

Leonardo DiCaprio Admits He Acts Like A 'Complete Idiot' During Time Off

Leonardo DiCaprio may have a hectic schedule, but the Hollywood star has said that when he does get time to relax, he acts like a 'complete idiot' and discusses absolutely 'nothing of importance.'

The 'Django Unchained' star may take his movies 'very seriously', but he's said that when he does get some rare time off he loves nothing more than to act like a 'fool.'

He said: ''I take what I do very seriously when I'm on the set that's all I focus on. So my vice is to hang out with my friends, talk about absolutely nothing of importance and act like a complete idiot.

''It's like therapy to just be a complete idiot with my friends," he told the Daily Mail.

However, Leo says that he hasn't spent time with his friends for a 'year and a half' because of his hectic schedule, which has seen the star shoot 'Django Unchained', 'The Great Gatsby' and 'The Wolf of Wall Street'. This means that the actor is supe-excited about finally spending time with his pals once he's finished promotional work.

He explained: ''I love to have friends over, but I haven't really been home for a year and a half so I don't even remember the last time I did that."

''I've just done three movies back-to-back, so I'm looking forward to getting back to my house.''

When the 38-year-old star isn't at home he loves to escape from his busy showbiz lifestyle by diving underwater and 'disconnecting from earth'.

He added: ''I love diving - it's one of my favourite things. I've been to a lot of different places around the world and sought out coral reefs and different species to see underwater."

''It's a whole new experience when you're down there. You really disconnect from earth and you're almost in a dream world.''

Leo looks great at the Lakers game! I'm glad he was able to have fun with Tobey and Lukas. I see his whiskers are starting to come in again. ;)

Sic

Irmelin should write a book. Then just maybe we could read some cute stories about little Leo. :wub:

Thanks for the Globes pictures of Jamie and Leo Oxford. Looks like they were having a blast! I wish they were bigger with out the watermarks. :(

Candie

I don't think Leo will take 5 years off. The break might be a year, year and a half. He deserves it! He's worked so hard these past couple years!!

The Western has already accumulated $ 130 million in the U.S., and exceeded revenues of Inglourious Basterds.

The last film of Quentin Tarantino is popular! Despite the controversies that have hit during his promotion ( very violent on its content and use of the word "negro" in the film), Django Unchained has been nominated five times for an Oscar and received two Golden Globes, one for his scenario (signed QT) and for the performance of Christoph Waltz . We learn now that the western chronicling the bloody quest freed slave Django (played by Jamie Foxx ) has become the most successful director in the United States. It happens already at 130 million dollars there, against 120 for Inglourious Basterds , the last record of QT. Harvey Weinstein , who produced the film, welcomed the results from the Hollywood Reporter : "With Bob (Weistein his brother also producer) and Quentin, we have an excellent relationship. We are proud to have achieved such a score. " Especially since the box will continue, since the film was released just outside U.S. borders. On Wednesday, he recorded eg the best start of a Tarantino 14h in France , but was below the figures 'Inglourious the day (139,966 entries against 165,414). It is still a good score.To fight the war film worn by Brad Pitt in international Django must report more than 200 million. For the moment, it is impossible to know if this number exceeds, but the Weinstein Company has much to be proud of: U.S. than anything, the film is repaid: its official budget of 100 million greenbacks. This is even more impressive than the feature film is prohibited under 17 unaccompanied by an adult. Besides it is long (2:45) and he faces a pretty tough competition ( The Hobbit , Jack Reacher and now the film on Bin Laden Kathryn Bigelow , Zero Dark Thirty ). His subject is the history of Americans directly, instead of Inglourious , which took place in Europe, which could partly explain such a success.

Leonardo DiCaprio

For me, the great thing about the Golden Globes is to not sit facing forward and having to be in an automated environment, but to be sociable, to see your friends again, laugh, have a few drinks, go up and down, shareicon1.png a hug, and share a smile with somebody without having to run back to your seat and feel like you’re going to mess up the whole program.

The Golden Globes is a much more relaxed environment. I feel like everyone is there to have a better time in celebration of the arts that they have worked so hard to achieve. It’s a shared experience. It’s much more communal. (Leonardo DiCaprio won the Golden Globe Best Actor-Drama for “The Aviator” in 2005.)

http://entertainment...n-globe-moments

I dont believe Jamie has said those things on Leo at all....I think all those things were made up by the press as usual.

We can see they get along very well...the hugs, the smiles, so that's my opinion. :)

I dont think he will take 5 years off year...otherwise I'll have a breakdown!! :( :rofl: For sure it will be something like a year or a little bit more. :yes:

Loved the pics at the Lakers Game!! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Hey girls...I will watch Django this weekend....I'm so thrilled!! :woohoo::woohoo: I feel that way now... :p

Tks for everything sweeties!! :flower::flower:

2jbldty.gif

Yeah If I remember correctly, leo said in an interview recently "he was going to take a year to travel" :yes: Also like I said...there will be Gatsby and Wolf promotions/premieres to look forward too :dance: Hopefully the traveling means plenty of pap pics ;)

Thanks for the adds sick!

Heres the article joyzee posted a link to, I think its new Joyzee, though he doesn't really say anything new or anything different as what hes said before..

Leonardo DiCaprio admits his love life is more “complicated” because he is famous.

The 38-year-old actor has never been married, but has dated some of the world’s most beautiful women including the supermodels Gisele Bündchen, Bar Refaeli and Erin Heatherton. He has recently been romantically linked to his latest co-star Margot Robbie, and Leonardo claims his celebrity status can make it tough to nurture a healthy relationship.

"To be honest: it used to be a lot easier when I wasn't famous. Now I can't just go into a bar and meet a woman who's really interested in me,” he explained to the German edition of OK! magazine. “It has gotten much more complicated."

Leonardo has seen his career continue to soar and his latest role is a cruel plantation owner in Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. Despite being one of the biggest stars in Hollywood, Leonardo has realised that loved ones mean more to him than work.

"That's a tough question…,” he replied when asked if he is happy. “What I realise more and more is that I spend so much time of life on movie sets whereas family is the most important thing in life. This thought struck me the first time when my grandma [Helene] died in 2008."

Leonardo has been acting since he was a child. This has helped him to positively channel his spirited personality.

"I am a lot calmer. As a teenager I was full of energy and acting was the first thing I found to put that energy into,” he added. “I was insanely demanding, never would shut up or sit still. And my head was full of bad ideas - my mom could tell a lot of stories…"

Pami

How great that you will be seeing Django very soon ; I can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

Sic

Tks for Georgian film posters , untagged Lakers' pix , and great box office news for Django :flower:

Candie

Time may prove me wrong, but I could well see Leo starting a new movie by year's end.

And as Kat mentioned , with Gatsby in May , and Wolf , either in Nov /Dec , and Leo being the lead actor in those films, unlike Django, we'll be seeing lots of new interviews/covers / premiere stills this year ! :)

On Ellen today Jennifer Lopez mentioned Leo, She was talking about the CAA golden globes party. she stayed out really late dancing with Jessica Alba, Kerry Washington, and Leonardo Dicaprio to "hip hop" music. She said it was so much fun because it was an odd group of people out there dancing and not caring about anything.