Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

another new cover! :clap:

Film TV Italy January 2013

OK, it's only January and we already have 13 covers in 2013 (12+1, I'd say, cuz the 13th one is the second cover of Studio Cine Live France January 2013, on first one, we have Django cast with Leo and on that one - Lincoln and a tiny pic of that Django cast cover, but I count every covers, generally :hehe: ) and this is the second January 2013 cover with only Leo pic on it :hehe:

so 12-13 covers in a month is great, plus, January's still on, we'll get many covers this year and that's awesome! :ddr:

FilmTV_Italy_January_2013.jpg

Great box office news for Django overseas :clap:

Django Unchained rules international on $48.1m debut

20 January, 2013 | By Jeremy Kay

Quentin Tarantino’s revenge Western opened on 6,235 screens in 54 markets through Sony Pictures Releasing International (SPRI) in an emphatic launch that finished some 30% higher than the aggregated opening weekends of Inglourious Basterds in the same markets.

SPRI executives claimed 23 of the 38 tracked markets delivered number one results. Germany led the way on a $9.6m table topping debut from 620 that was approximately two-and-a-half times bigger than Tarantino’s previous release.

France produced a $7.3m number one debut from 612 that was 25% ahead of Basterds back in its day, while Russia generated a $5.4m number two result from 936 behind Paramount’s Hansel And Gretel.

The UK produced $4.8m from 580 to rank second behind Les Misérables and finish 54% higher than the first weekend of Basterds.

Italy generated $4.3m from 517 for first place and 62% ahead of Basterds, while $3.3m in Spain from 470 resulted in first place although 13% behind Tarantino’s previous film.

Django opened in Austria on $1.3m from 83 for 68% ahead of Basterds while Switzerland delivered a $1.3m number one result from 20 that was 64% ahead of Basterds.

Elsewhere Django opened in Brazil on $1.2m from 180 for third place, $1.2m in Sweden from 135 for number one and $1m in Mexico from 300 to rank second.

wow so great box office news! :clap:

thanks a lot, ox! :wave:

and just saw that Django's on the 37th in IMDb Top 250 List :hehe:

you also can see Inception's no 14 and The Departed's no 51 :hehe: >>> http://www.imdb.com/...t/top?tt1853728

I remember Inception was the first in that list for a few days in 2010 and then was 3rd for a long time :p

well, I don't pay attention to ratings, when I want to watch a movie, but anyway nice to see, Leo's films're doing well on IMDb :p

Django_IMDb_List.jpg

As I've stated before, personally, I feel the media is taking Leo's statement that he is going to enjoy some down time/ not go straight to beginning another movie this spring , and turned it into almost a 'retirement' story

But the article on the subject by Film Stage is a nice one

Leonardo DiCaprio is only 38 years old. You probably know that already, but it’s still a fact that continues to astound me (considering just how much he’s already accomplished in his screen career), and it’s one that’s worth keeping in mind while reacting to the following piece of information. In an interview with a German media outlet, DiCaprio expressed the exhaustion that’s piled up for him over the past couple of years, which has not only included daring work on the acclaimed Django Unchained (for which he received a Golden Globe nomination) but also demanding leadings roles in two of 2013′s most hotly-anticipated releases: Baz Luhrmann‘s The Great Gatsby and Martin Scorsese‘s The Wolf of Wall Street.

“I am a bit drained,” DiCaprio admitted. “I’m now going to take a long, long break. I’ve done three films in two years and I’m just worn out.” He did extrapolate a bit, citing his environmental work as another weighty factor in the decision: “I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment.”

To be honest, this all sounds perfectly reasonable to me, even if it is a revelation that will likely upset a rather large number of people. There is, of course, the obvious, immediate disappointment factor in briefly losing someone as vital as DiCaprio — who, to my mind, is one of the most scrupulous movie stars in Hollywood, consistently choosing vehicles of remarkable quality for over a decade. And, as Django so aggressively displayed, he has shown a growing willingness not to pigeonhole himself, despite what his recurring Scorsese partnership might suggest from a distance. In short, DiCaprio simply sets the standard for what he does, plain and simple.

Which brings me back to my first point: The guy’s only 38. What a tremendous stamp he’s put on this industry, both critically (several factions even think he’s still underrated) and commercially, and he hasn’t even reached 40 yet. He’s as deserving of some time off as anyone else I can think of — and let’s not forget that he’ll likely be filling out a good amount of his newfound free-time championing worthy public causes. In fact, the more I consider this statement from DiCaprio, the more my respect for him just grows all the more.

Just like with Spielberg /DDL/Lincoln, Leo comes to the rescue of a friend :p

Excerpt below is from article about JGL's first directing effort "Don Jon's Addiction" which just opened in Sundance

Moore: Oh, no kidding?

Gordon-Levitt: Yeah. And then we were thinking, like, all right, so what movie should it be? And our editor, without telling me, just put "Titanic" in one day. And I was like, "That's hilarious."

Moore: [Laughs] I had forgotten the poster's in the shape of a heart.

Gordon-Levitt: Yeah!

Moore: It's so over the top.

Gordon-Levitt: But I was like, "They'll never let us use it." But it turned out, really, the main permission we had to get was from Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet.

Oh, really? I just assumed it would be the studio, and not them.

Gordon-Levitt: Yeah. Well, the studio just has a fee you have to pay. But, permission-wise, it's the faces that are in the film. And so, Leo's a friend, and he was really generous to do it. And Kate was, too. You know, and their names are both in the special thank yous [during the end credits].