Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Some angry people angry on facebook...that's why I say that what makes a real artist is a standing ovation from the audience! :clap:

Nel Julie Morin Leonardo, you are the best actor we have today. Shame on the Academy for over looking you again. I really donot know what is wrong with these people. You are the BEST>

Kristen Gerpe You won an oscar in my book!

Ashley Hatfield So sick of seeing you get snubbed!!! You should have 5 by now!

Kristen Henriques Wager Screw the Academy for once again snubbing Leo!! Sick of one of the very best actors of my generation not getting what he has earned! You keep up your fabulous acting Leo and keep choosing those roles wisely as you have always done and you will be a legend !!!!

Summer Shoucair Boooo, sssss, and two thumbs down to The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences aka. "the Oscars".

Snubbing DiCaprio again is too obvious of a hater gesture.

The man has shown "Oscar Worthy" performances since "This Boy's Life" and "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" back in the 90's -PLEASE!

I wonder what more they want from him ... hmmm -it can't have ANYTHING to do with the ART of motion picture and sciences.

Asma Nagytatun This sucks! They cant be serious no nomination for our Leonardo ?and one like Bradley Cooper or Jennifer Lawrence who can not act get a nomination! Crazy, CRAZY! I am very disapointed!I hope for an Golden Globe!

Mary Ellen Lewis You are such a gifted actor. It was an honor to see your performance in Django Unchained.

I'm sad Leo didn't get a nomination but there were a lot of snubs today, Leo, Ben affleck , Bigelow.

There's this rumor going on in another forum I visit that Leo is going to do Devil in the White City. The rumor was started by a guy who posts there who was an extra on Wolf of Wall Street. Nothing has been confirmed but I hope is true and that it really is Leo's next project.

There's so much I want to vent about the Oscar nominations, I don't know where to begin.

Back in 2007, when Leo was nominated for the third time, I really thought in a couple of years he would actually win one. Then "Revolutionary Road," got snubbed all around; "Shutter Island" got moved; "J. Edgar" tanked. Last year, even when he got the BFCA, GG and SAG, I know he wasn't going to be nominated for an Oscar because the movie wasn't well liked.

This year I really thought -- this is it! He's playing a supporting role; playing a villian; a Tarantino movie; he's funny. He got some of the best notices of his career. He won the NBR.

Then, when I heard Waltz was being campaigned as supporting, not lead, I just knew Leo was going to get screwed again.

So, in 2013, I now don't think Leo will ever win an Oscar. I think next year, they will find a way to overlook him again and everyone who moans and groans about it will be accused of being "fangirls" or "fanboys" and there will be countless excuses as to why Leo isn't good enough for Oscar (but someone like Mira Sorvino or Hillary Swank or Cuba Gooding, Jr. is).

I know I sound like Debbie Downer (and I'm Summer!) but that's how I feel.

There are lots of great actors who never get nominiated (Cary Grant) or never win (Peter O'Toole) Oscars. I also know that Oscars are not as important as world peace or one's health and that Leo is a "winner" in our eyes. But that doesn't make me feel better about this whole thing.

I'm also a sore loser and I hope Waltz doesn't win a second Oscar.

As to the London premiere, I'm glad Leo didn't go.

Pami

Tks for hilarious gif & Facebook comments ;)

Barbie

Tks for Just Jared link, I'm so glad to see larger version of NBR podium pix :flower:

Calibi

As someone who read Devil & The White City, I would very much like to see Leo do the role .

However, since the project was announced, I've never seen any news regarding director .

If the script/director all the parts come together, I can see Leo starting another film in the fall.

well after letting it all sink in i am still pretty bummed, i am taking comfort in joaquin phoenix getting a nom, he is my second fav actor, then i think why does the academy like joaquin and not leo? joaquin is always saying how he hates media and awards...ugh now ive gotten myself all worked up again.....

moving on........when should the wolf of wallstreet come out? i am reading catching the wolf right now, who does jonah play? thought he would be playing danny but when i looked it up a different name came up, thanks for any info!